44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 6/8/2018 at 3:50 PM, Ksenia_O said:

Not really... i just wrote a Letter, where I tried to explain WHY it would've been a hardship for me if I didn't get that job. Just a few words/couple sentences that opportunity like that doesn't come by often and so on....

I think it wasn't not really necessary  - a job offer pending should've  been enough.  I just wanted that job so  bad, so tried to do everything possible (some "extra" things) to get my EAD expedited to be able to start working :)

That type of success story gives me hope.

How long did you have to wait to get an answer from them?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mcast22 said:

That type of success story gives me hope.

How long did you have to wait to get an answer from them?

Once I faxed everything, it took about 7-10 days to receive my  EAD. They changed the case status to 'approved" really quick - couple days or something. And then just had to wait for the card to be mailed to me.

We had to expedite my son's EAD renewal as well - our AOS took 15 months. The same story - he got  his EAD within 7-10 days once we faxed everything.

The only difference was - I got an email with a request to fax a prof of job offer pending (next morning), son got a regular mail, requesting to fax his proof of job offer pending,  within 3-5 days after we called and placed a request to expedite his EAD renewal.

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline
14 minutes ago, LizM said:

Hope you hear something soon!

Have you gotten any proof of expedite to show your future employer?

no proof at all -

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mcast22 said:

no proof at all -

I'd call them again.

As I've mentioned before - I had to place my request to expedite an EAD TWICE. Request #1 has never made it :( And after a week of hearing nothing back a request #2 was placed. And it worked out. 

Fingers crossed you will have your EAD approval soon!!! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

I'd call them again.

As I've mentioned before - I had to place my request to expedite an EAD TWICE. Request #1 has never made it :( And after a week of hearing nothing back a request #2 was placed. And it worked out. 

Fingers crossed you will have your EAD approval soon!!! 

but did you see it at least on your case history?

Because i saw on my case history that it was completed - 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mcast22 said:

but did you see it at least on your case history?

Because i saw on my case history that it was completed - 

Don'r remember exactly, but yes, it was something like that - "case was assigned for an IO to be reviewed" and then it changed to complete. All of that I could see only through case history via my USCIS account -  my case status on USCIS website didn't change though. That's why after a week of "nothing but complete" I placed another request. 

I don't know... Maybe, wait a couple more days?... I see you place your request on June 5. But seems like they didn't send you any email or mail ( unless I'm missing the part you've mentioned that) , asking to fax a proof of your job offer?... You should have already gotten  something from them  by now... That's why I think your request got "missed", probably... 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

Don'r remember exactly, but yes, it was something like that - "case was assigned for an IO to be reviewed" and then it changed to complete. All of that I could see only through case history via my USCIS account -  my case status on USCIS website didn't change though. That's why after a week of "nothing but complete" I placed another request. 

I don't know... Maybe, wait a couple more days?... I see you place your request on June 5. But seems like they didn't send you any email or mail ( unless I'm missing the part you've mentioned that) , asking to fax a proof of your job offer?... You should have already gotten  something from them  by now... That's why I think your request got "missed", probably... 

well on the 5th i saw on the website that the expedite was completed - and i havent got any email from them - so i called and with the referral number they saw they sent me an email asking for evidence (never got that email) so he read me the email and gave me all the info (fax number etc) - so i sent everything on the same date.

5 minutes ago, Mcast22 said:

well on the 5th i saw on the website that the expedite was completed - and i havent got any email from them - so i called and with the referral number they saw they sent me an email asking for evidence (never got that email) so he read me the email and gave me all the info (fax number etc) - so i sent everything on the same date.

Maybe give them a call and say you just want to make sure they received your faxed documents?

h

Timeline
1 minute ago, LizM said:

Maybe give them a call and say you just want to make sure they received your faxed documents?

I called them yesterday - they said they cant give me this info.

Im on my way to the congressman - maybe she cant tell me something relevant - hopefully- 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mcast22 said:

... don't understand why they just didn't re-email that letter again to you - would've been so much easier... instead of reading... such a mess :(

When you fax a proof of job offer, you are supposed to fax it along with that e-mail from USCIS -  not sure if it matters, but at least that was stated in my email and son's mail..... 

I'm really sorry you are experiencing all of that - I understand how frustration it is not to be able to work, having a job offer..... 

If it was me, I'd wait a couple more days and try again - it won't hurt anyway at this point. Hope everything will work out for you!!! 

Im on my way to the congressman - maybe she cant tell me something relevant - hopefully- 

I would at this point probably sent a print screen of the case check website that says your request for expedite has been completed to your future employer. That's all the they wanted by this week, correct? Proof of expedite?

h

Timeline

Good idea! 

my congressperson was really helpful  - we asked for their office assistance after a year of nothing about our AOS.

Good luck to you!!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.