1,607 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello June family!

My NOA1 is May 8. So excited to see some of the first May filers got approved. But there are some April and March still waiting for NOA2. Hope all June filers will get there soon. 👍🏽

15 hours ago, kittyanne said:

anyone here received their noa2??

Still too early for NOA2's for June Filers. Just keeping it real.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone! I am more of a silent type of lurker on here but i do enjoy the excitement and reading your posts. It helps us to not feel alone in this long process sometimes. The wait is hard some days but we have lots to look forward too. You all seem like a kind group of people and i just wanted to say hellllo!! finally. We are mid June 2018 filers, i live in Canada, Montreal is my embassy to apply to and we look forward to sharing when we get our NOA2. 

Thanks everyone 😀

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Grenada
Timeline

Hello,

I'm praying someone in the thread can help me. I'm an August 2017 petitioner who's case was approved. The beneficiary and I broke up so he never went to the interview. I was told I need to withdraw the case.  

What do I say? We do have a child together so I cant say what will happen later. Life is funny! So I want to be careful of what I say in the letter.

Someone please help me. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 minutes ago, MCL said:

Hello,

I'm praying someone in the thread can help me. I'm an August 2017 petitioner who's case was approved. The beneficiary and I broke up so he never went to the interview. I was told I need to withdraw the case.  

What do I say? We do have a child together so I cant say what will happen later. Life is funny! So I want to be careful of what I say in the letter.

Someone please help me. 

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, and that things didn't work out. I think the only thing you can say is that relationship dissolved and you withdraw your petition. The matter of the child as is separate, and not related to this. Though I suppose in 21 years or so  your child can sponsor the Father for immigration. There is also something to be said about reaching out your beneficiary and seeing if you 2 can reconcile, and reschedule the interview if there is at all a chance of that.

Edited by Shiran

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, and that things didn't work out. I think the only thing you can say is that relationship dissolved and you withdraw your petition. The matter of the child as is separate, and not related to this. Though I suppose in 21 years or so  your child can sponsor the Father for immigration. There is also something to be said about reaching out your beneficiary and seeing if you 2 can reconcile, and reschedule the interview if there is at all a chance of that.

Thanks! I didnt want to say too much or too little I case we did reconcile later. Our child is 3 so anything is possible, but approval is May 2018. So we would have to start all over again anyways.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, MCL said:

Thanks! I didnt want to say too much or too little I case we did reconcile later. Our child is 3 so anything is possible, but approval is May 2018. So we would have to start all over again anyways.

I saw that @Greenbaum was helping you out in another thread - I would stick to his advice. At this point you cannot do much with K1 proceedings. What you can do is to try working on your relationship. You know what happened, you know what you feel and you know how relationship was going those past years. Don't rush anything. Evaluate your options. And yes, think about the child as well. You might be facing quite hard position. Not so much just a living separately while having a kid but leaving on different continents while having a kid. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, met said:

I saw that @Greenbaum was helping you out in another thread - I would stick to his advice. At this point you cannot do much with K1 proceedings. What you can do is to try working on your relationship. You know what happened, you know what you feel and you know how relationship was going those past years. Don't rush anything. Evaluate your options. And yes, think about the child as well. You might be facing quite hard position. Not so much just a living separately while having a kid but leaving on different continents while having a kid. 

He was helping me, but I had an additional question and thought maybe the thread went down since no more replies but I see he must replied. Thanks for ur help and yes the distance was a problem. Giving him a break for now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm am not sure if it belong here or in another thread, but...

I am a June filer, and as with most, hope that I'll receive the NOA 2 in Nov/Dec instead of the current website prediction of Jan.  My concern is that I will not be at home - I am travelling to Ukraine to spend 2 months with her.

Do I need to do anything from home, or is the process automatic and I just get notifications of the case file being sent to NVC and then onto the embassy?  I will fill out the I-134 and get the W2's, tax returns and employer letter ready, but I think that is to be given to my fiance for her to present to the embassy, along with the paperwork/medical she needs to handle?

Edited by SteveInBoston
spelling

56 minutes ago, SteveInBoston said:

I'm am not sure if it belong here or in another thread, but...

I am a June filer, and as with most, hope that I'll receive the NOA 2 in Nov/Dec instead of the current website prediction of Jan.  My concern is that I will not be at home - I am travelling to Ukraine to spend 2 months with her.

Do I need to do anything from home, or is the process automatic and I just get notifications of the case file being sent to NVC and then onto the embassy?  I will fill out the I-134 and get the W2's, tax returns and employer letter ready, but I think that is to be given to my fiance for her to present to the embassy, along with the paperwork/medical she needs to handle?

Read this information and gather what she will need for the interview to bring with you.

Your Packet 3 letter is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hqV9m0zmdOJ6fGFpuu46N_W4srguHI-w/view?usp=sharing

Visit the portal section here on VJ for your country http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Ukraine&cty=Kiev

The Ukraine sub-forum where local discussion takes place for all things to know or ask from others who are processing or the experts who have gone before you Here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/98-russia-ukraine-and-Belarus/

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ukraine/895/pdf/K_Instructions_002.pdf

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

16 hours ago, MCL said:

That's not entirely true that you would have start over. The application approval NOA2 is good for one year. So I would not withdraw your application just yet under the conversation you and i have had privately. When  you are within a month of the NOA2 expiring then send off your withdrawal letter. I say this because you keep referring back to he might come around and you two would get back together.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

19 hours ago, loo2 said:

Hello everyone! I am more of a silent type of lurker on here but i do enjoy the excitement and reading your posts. It helps us to not feel alone in this long process sometimes. The wait is hard some days but we have lots to look forward too. You all seem like a kind group of people and i just wanted to say hellllo!! finally. We are mid June 2018 filers, i live in Canada, Montreal is my embassy to apply to and we look forward to sharing when we get our NOA2. 

Thanks everyone 😀

Well, I see one of you is from MN. I grew up there and many of my family are still there. Anywhooo. Welcome to the thread and ask any questions that you may have.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

That's not entirely true that you would have start over. The application approval NOA2 is good for one year. So I would not withdraw your application just yet under the conversation you and i have had privately. When  you are within a month of the NOA2 expiring then send off your withdrawal letter. I say this because you keep referring back to he might come around and you two would get back together.

@Greenbaum ok so my approval was May 2018 so wait until May 2019? I thought it was no good after the Sept 2018 date

7 hours ago, MCL said:

@Greenbaum ok so my approval was May 2018 so wait until May 2019? I thought it was no good after the Sept 2018 date

The NOA2, application approval will give you one year to process your visa. If you wait, don't be surprised that the Embassy contacts you inquiring if you still have the intent to move forward. With or with out that contact you still should wait if you think there is a chance you will reconcile your relationship. If not then you can send the documents as I have outlined at any time. Try and not overthink this process. It's a simple process, do it now and be done with it or if you are gong to wait for him then send off the letter a few months before the expiration if you fail to get back together.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Starting to see April approvals in the 170-175 day range. It would be nice to get the NOA2 before the holidays and before the USCIS employees start taking holiday leave...)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.