1,626 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/9/2018 at 6:27 PM, jkelsey said:

Finally have visa in hand and booked the flight.  She will get to the US on the 17th.  Thanks for all the help from everyone.

Congrats jkelsey and I know you are too excited. Will she be travelling alone there? My fiancee will be flying into Vegas  from Korea so she will be here on the 17th of next month so hope all is well and finally nice to know the long distance nightmare is over!  

3 hours ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

Congrats jkelsey and I know you are too excited. Will she be travelling alone there? My fiancee will be flying into Vegas  from Korea so she will be here on the 17th of next month so hope all is well and finally nice to know the long distance nightmare is over!  

Thank you RyanMaria 2018.  She will be traveling with her 5 year old daughter.  I cant get time away from the army to go.  She will be going from Manila to LA to Dallas then to Jacksonville finally.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, jkelsey said:

Thank you RyanMaria 2018.  She will be traveling with her 5 year old daughter.  I cant get time away from the army to go.  She will be going from Manila to LA to Dallas then to Jacksonville finally.

Well thank you for your service my friend and really appreciate you and all our military men and women and all you do to keep us safe. So I'll remember to keep your fiancee and her daughter  in my prayers for travelling mercies and that you, your fiancee , and her daughter will have a beautiful life together there in Jacksonville. Keep me posted how things are going my friend!

17 hours ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

Well thank you for your service my friend and really appreciate you and all our military men and women and all you do to keep us safe. So I'll remember to keep your fiancee and her daughter  in my prayers for travelling mercies and that you, your fiancee , and her daughter will have a beautiful life together there in Jacksonville. Keep me posted how things are going my friend!

Thank you so much.  I dont leave in Jacksonville just that is the cheapest airport around southern Georgia.  im at Fort Stewart.  I will also prayer for your fiancee and her upcoming trip to Las Vegas.  Having you in the group made it feel like i wasnt going thru this alone.

Edited by jkelsey
edited for spelling

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Visa Approved!! :dance: :D

Now for more waiting anxiety to see "Issued" I hope everyone else is getting on okay!

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

Now for more waiting anxiety to see "Issued" I hope everyone else is getting on okay!

Congrats. What did they ask you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike & Tanja said:

Congrats. What did they ask you?

Thank you! They really didn't ask me much at all. Before the interview I was asked about having ever changed my name (no), ever married before (no), ever lived in another country before (no), but at the "interview" they asked me only this:

How did we meet?

Have I ever lived in another country before?

Where will we live? Will we have a house or an apartment?

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, LeesaMarie said:

Thank you! They really didn't ask me much at all. Before the interview I was asked about having ever changed my name (no), ever married before (no), ever lived in another country before (no), but at the "interview" they asked me only this:

How did we meet?

Have I ever lived in another country before?

Where will we live? Will we have a house or an apartment?

I see. Thank you. I hope, mine will be that easy too 😊

3 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

Congratulations!!! So exciting! Good luck with everything from here on out! :jest:

My fiancé's interview is coming up on August 22nd in London as well. We're excited, but the whole experience is just a little nerve-wracking! Glad to know they seem to be nice in London and that the interview experience isn't too intense.

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello, 

Does anyone have the link to the notification of readiness form? All the links I've found don't seem to be going through properly?

I have already booked the interview, will this matter?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Brandon & Sarah said:

Hello, 

Does anyone have the link to the notification of readiness form? All the links I've found don't seem to be going through properly?

I have already booked the interview, will this matter?

Thanks

I'd like to help you but I have never heard of the "notification of readiness" form. What is it and what is its purpose? Thanks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Curious minds like to know what they ask at the interview. Best place to find that out is in your Embassy Reviews here on VJ.

If you select your flag in your profile it's going to open up to a page with lots of information. In the middle upper part of the page you are going to see "Quick Links" then in the list select "Embassy Review" and you will be taken to a page where you can read what others have experienced at your Embassy. I might invite you and others to take a little time to discover what tools are available to you here on VJ. So much that you are missing that would calm your nerves and give you the tools to predict the different timelines associated to different steps in your process.

If there is nothing there then I will give you a list to ponder. This list is not all inclusive and your mileage may vary.

-What is the name of your fiancé/e?

-Where did you meet?

-When did you meet?

-How did you meet?

-When are you planning to get married?

-What is your fiancé/es work?

-Have you gone out of the country?

-How long were you out of the country?

-How many times has your fiancé/e visited you?

-Where did you go when your fiancé/e visited you?

-Do you plan to have kids?

-Where do you plan on staying in the US?

-name and DOB

-what year did you meet

-How did you meet

-what are your fiancé parents' names

-your fiancé's employer and job

-have either of you been married before

-other countries you've been to

-do you have kids together

These are some of the questions but rest assure that all the questions will be about the petitioner, the beneficiary, and the relationship. Always tell the truth even if the truth is "I don't know". Don't rush in answering and give a straightforward answer. Look the CO in the eye when answering and smile. Don't give a novel as your answer. Just brief and concise. Don't volunteer any information unless asked, this could send you down the wrong road.

Don't forget to ask if you passed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok, I heard this form needs to be filled out and submitted to the embassy before the interview? 

Or am I getting confused?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.