1,626 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, A_R said:

Yes I have a B1/B2 valid visa to have legal entry into the US.

I just wasn't sure how you were entering the US as you didn't specify the B1/B2 visa in your question so I was a little confused. @missileman gave you a good answer. I'll leave it at that.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, weddas said:

Hi, idk if this is the right forum for my question but we got approved (NOA2) last June 28 and as I was checking our copy of the form I-129F, I noticed that my fiancé unknowingly switched the given name and middle name of my mother. Is this going to cause us any trouble? Anyone here knows how we can correct it? Thanks in advance!

No it will not cause you any problems. I doubt the CO will say anything. If you were approved without an RFE then you are good to go. A good place to start asking questions about your journey and processing in the Philippines is with others like yourself in the Filipino sub-forum here on VJ.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
9 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Mine took 29 days from "Ready" until I was able to schedule the interview and my interview was 1 month and 4 days from then too - Canada.

I just got the interview date yesterday. The embassy gave it to us via Email because I kept emailing them about the website no having any dates available. 

Our interview was schedule for August 15 

We received the NOA2 on June 1 first which makes it a total of 75 days between NOA2 to interview.

9 hours ago, RyanMaria 2018 said:

Well just got off the phone with NVC and according to them they are not allowing me to schedule an interview until it leaves NVC and on the way to the US embassy in Manila and most likely all embassies. I've been unsuccessful in scheduling an interview so it used to be they would send out the cases right away but it is taking anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks sooo guess I will have to wait till it leaves NVC to schedule my fiancee's interview. Anyone encountering the same issue? :whistle:

I'm not sure that information is correct (for the Philippine Embassy only and not other Embassy's). Once you have your case number follow these instructions if you have not done so. I'm sorry but you didn't indicate where you ran into the problem of not scheduling so I offer the instructions here:

PS. If you continue to have problems you can PM me an I'll try and help.

There are three ways to pay the K visa application fee:

1. cash payment at any Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) branch (larger branches only, not all do this)
  2. online payment provided by BPI to their clients
  3. or online payment via Bancnet.
For K1/K2 visa payment instructions :
http://ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp 
All K visa applicants must present a U.S. visa application deposit slip to pay the K visa fee. Print the applicable visa application deposit slip, downloadable from the online appointment website and take it to the bank to pay the fee.

Deposit Slip:  
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/pmisdepositslip.htm?amount=265&country=philippines 

The visa fee is non-transferrable and is valid for one year.
After paying your visa application fee;
- Make a copy of your receipt for your personal records.  Bring the original receipt to your interview
- Schedule your visa interview appointment.
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

6 hours ago, satoshi said:

Hi from April 2018 NOA2 -> NVC thread!

Seems like NVC is a bit backlogged these days. I've been under Administrative Processing at NVC (not after embassy interview!) for over 2 months as well. Though most cases are forwarded quickly to the embassy, some cases or if it's in AP, it needs much more time I guess.

Two months at NVC in AP is unusual. You may want to consider these options.

First try shooting off an email to the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems.

Second try your U.S. representative's contact information can be found in this handy directory, and your U.S. senator's information is in this one.

Include:

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name and Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name and Birthday

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm not sure that information is correct (for the Philippine Embassy only and not other Embassy's). Once you have your case number follow these instructions if you have not done so. I'm sorry but you didn't indicate where you ran into the problem of not scheduling so I offer the instructions here:

1. cash payment at any Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) branch (larger branches only, not all do this)
All K visa applicants must present a U.S. visa application deposit slip to pay the K visa fee. Print the applicable visa application deposit slip, downloadable from the online appointment website and take it to the bank to pay the fee.

Deposit Slip:  
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/pmisdepositslip.htm?amount=265&country=philippines 

- Make a copy of your receipt for your personal records.  Bring the original receipt to your interview

14 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Deposit Slip:  

14 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Deposit Slip:  

Heyyyy there Greenbaum how's it going there? Well anyway we are good and hot here in Vegas but, anyway all the fees are paid and the DS160 is already completed however when I try to schedule an interview online for my fiancee it won't let me. So the guy I spoke with at NVC told me as soon as my packet leaves the NVC then I can schedule her interview sooo just telling you what I'm up against here so as of today we are on the 3rd week since our case has been there. I don't know if that is a new thing or not but I know it's just a matter of time it will be sent off. One thing I've learned in this process is patience is the greatest thing we all need to learn to have because as I always say patient builds up courage and character in a persons life. Okay Greenbaum, go and have an outstanding day my friend and talk to you soon!! 

40 minutes ago, Vivianna said:

I just got the interview date yesterday. The embassy gave it to us via Email because I kept emailing them about the website no having any dates available. 

Our interview was schedule for August 15 

We received the NOA2 on June 1 first which makes it a total of 75 days between NOA2 to interview.

If you are going to count from NOA2 then I'm at 80 days from NOA2 to Interview date.

Hi Guys! 

So been reading and getting a lot of confusing information about being able to set an interview date with the US embassy. 

I’d like to get your expert opinions about this. So I got NOA2 June 11, called NVC and received MNL case 1 week after. Looking at the CEAC website, status is still “At NVC

What I am trying to figure out is if we can already schedule an interview with the Philippines US Embassy even if its At NVC status since we already have our MNL case number. (Because everybody is saying that once you have an MNL case number, you are good to go to do SLEC AND US embassy interview. 

I also believe that waiting for the letter in mail or email may sometimes be so delayed that you are already done with the Visa K1 approval process. Cause I know 3 people personally who did it last year but couldnt remember about CEAC status if it matters. 

Appreciate all the help guys! 

5 minutes ago, Carlo G said:

Hi Guys! 

So been reading and getting a lot of confusing information about being able to set an interview date with the US embassy. 

I’d like to get your expert opinions about this. So I got NOA2 June 11, called NVC and received MNL case 1 week after. Looking at the CEAC website, status is still “At NVC

What I am trying to figure out is if we can already schedule an interview with the Philippines US Embassy even if its At NVC status since we already have our MNL case number. (Because everybody is saying that once you have an MNL case number, you are good to go to do SLEC AND US embassy interview. 

I also believe that waiting for the letter in mail or email may sometimes be so delayed that you are already done with the Visa K1 approval process. Cause I know 3 people personally who did it last year but couldnt remember about CEAC status if it matters. 

Appreciate all the help guys! 

Sorry if this may sound rude but it's not intentional...(I think this may be the one and only time I get a "get out of jail free card").

Scroll up to posts 2 hours ago.

55 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Sorry if this may sound rude but it's not intentional...(I think this may be the one and only time I get a "get out of jail free card").

Scroll up to posts 2 hours ago.

I understand but I also dont want to sound rude as well, that post you got about 80ish days from NOA2 to interview date doesn’t answer my question about At NVC status if possible or something. I already have an interview date but can adjust it if needed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
10 minutes ago, decfiler said:

Hello!! Finally our case is now "in transit" took 11 working days. hopefully it gets here soon :) 

Same here, I just checked and my case is now finally "In transit." 

NOA 2: June 4, paper dated June 2

Called for case number: June 29

In Transit: July 10

25 minutes ago, Carlo G said:

I understand but I also dont want to sound rude as well, that post you got about 80ish days from NOA2 to interview date doesn’t answer my question about At NVC status if possible or something. I already have an interview date but can adjust it if needed. 

Your questions are embassy specific to MNL. The discussion on this page up above is talking about MNL procedure after NVC

I did not post it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys. Im the beneficiary. Im actually having anxiety now cause i have to schedule a surgery soon and my decision is to wait for the visa to be fully done before i schedule my surgery so i can focus on one thing at a time. I know from reading a lot that we can already schedule our phil us embassy interview once our case says ready, howver, the person whos assisting us in our petition says that we still need to wait for the snail mail or email from the us embassy to schedule an interview. Im just confused cause i know we dont need that anymore and i feel like this guy is not having the sense of urgency. Do we still need the snail mail/email from the us embassy or not?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok so I have to laugh, mine was like crazy fast. The embassy in Lagos sent me an  email yesterday morning that they received our case and we now need to pay the fee and complete the required medical and police stuff. My question is this, it seems like we cannot schedule an interview date until the fee is paid and the DS-160 is completed in the system. Does this sounds accurate?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.