20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!!

I was hoping to get some assistance and recommendations on how I should proceed. I called about my AOS status about 3 months ago and was told they can't provide me any information as the average interview time is about a year to a year and a half. I have my AP/EAD and I am currently working. I have continually checked my online status (NOT UPDATE!! It still says they got my biometrics on June 30th) and signed up for text and email notifications. Today, I decided to call as it's been a year since I have applied. I was told that my interview was actually scheduled in March of this year! The lady was very kind and offered to rescheduled but I hear back in 30 days. I also tried to schedule an infopass but the San Francisco office is NOT accepting any walk in or scheduled appointments right now!! What should I do? It's been over two months since my scheduled interview, will they close my case? I am so worried! :(:(:( 

Waiting...

For that one day......

When I can spend my life with you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You say the lady offered to reschedule, and that you will hear back in 30 days. It has just been a couple hours. 

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

Timeline
19 minutes ago, BlessedAssurance said:

You say the lady offered to reschedule, and that you will hear back in 30 days. It has just been a couple hours. 

I understand it’s only been a couple of hours but there’s urgency to this, it’s a scary situation and I am really looking for recommendations. 

I called again and I was told the service request was made but it is also dependent on the office. My case can be rescheduled or that my case may be closed. :( 

Waiting...

For that one day......

Timeline
9 minutes ago, little immigrant said:

I'm curious. What does your case say when you login to https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov?

It’s been saying the same thing for the last year..

Fingerprint Fee Was Received

On June 30, 2017, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxx. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

Waiting...

For that one day......

Just now, BabyTruong said:

On June 30, 2017, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxx. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case. We mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

I think the case number for your form I-485 is different to the case number for your I130. You was supposed to put in both case numbers and check them individually. 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Ann&James said:

I think the case number for your form I-485 is different to the case number for your I130. You was supposed to put in both case numbers and check them individually. 

I did not file a i130...

Waiting...

For that one day......

1 hour ago, BabyTruong said:

Based on the font and the wording, it seems that you are using the old case tracking site, not the one @little immigrant mentioned. But I could be wrong...

Timeline
16 minutes ago, JoJoJoJo said:

Based on the font and the wording, it seems that you are using the old case tracking site, not the one @little immigrant mentioned. But I could be wrong...

Omg!! I just made an account using that link and it shows me that my interview is being scheduled since December 2017. Why would they have two different sites to login from? I googled uscis and used the first link! Will I be penalized since it IS actually on their website? (Though I was using an old one)

Waiting...

For that one day......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
55 minutes ago, BabyTruong said:

Omg!! I just made an account using that link and it shows me that my interview is being scheduled since December 2017. Why would they have two different sites to login from? I googled uscis and used the first link! Will I be penalized since it IS actually on their website? (Though I was using an old one)

I don't think you'll be penalized, as you aren't required to have that account - your actions are dependent on what they mail you, and it seems you never got your interview letter. Since you called back and weren't told about it, you're not at any fault, so don't worry. Just wait 30 days like they said, call again and see what you've got. Keep calling back every 2 weeks if they still don't have an answer, so you don't miss anything. Good luck!

20 hours ago, BabyTruong said:

Hi!!

I was hoping to get some assistance and recommendations on how I should proceed. I called about my AOS status about 3 months ago and was told they can't provide me any information as the average interview time is about a year to a year and a half. I have my AP/EAD and I am currently working. I have continually checked my online status (NOT UPDATE!! It still says they got my biometrics on June 30th) and signed up for text and email notifications. Today, I decided to call as it's been a year since I have applied. I was told that my interview was actually scheduled in March of this year! The lady was very kind and offered to rescheduled but I hear back in 30 days. I also tried to schedule an infopass but the San Francisco office is NOT accepting any walk in or scheduled appointments right now!! What should I do? It's been over two months since my scheduled interview, will they close my case? I am so worried! :(:(:( 

So you haven’t received a denial letter either? As odd as it sounds but I would call uscis again to verify the information you got from the first person you spoke with on the line. 

If there was an interview scheduled that you didn’t attend, you would be automatically denied. I’ve never heard of someone being denied for a no-show getting the solution from uscis that they will simply reschedule the interview. It’s usually impossible bc you were denied. They usually tell you to file an appeal and a motion to reconsider.... this just sounds so strange! 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

So you haven’t received a denial letter either? As odd as it sounds but I would call uscis again to verify the information you got from the first person you spoke with on the line. 

If there was an interview scheduled that you didn’t attend, you would be automatically denied. I’ve never heard of someone being denied for a no-show getting the solution from uscis that they will simply reschedule the interview. It’s usually impossible bc you were denied. They usually tell you to file an appeal and a motion to reconsider.... this just sounds so strange! 

Nothing received!! When I called I was checking on my status and that’s when the lady asked if I attended my interview in March. I said no as I haven’t received anything and shes like oh some people did not receive theirs and she made a service request for me. No mention I was denied. I also check myuscis account and it only says interview being scheduled since December 2017 and there was my service request case number. I am so confused...

Waiting...

For that one day......

30 minutes ago, BabyTruong said:

Nothing received!! When I called I was checking on my status and that’s when the lady asked if I attended my interview in March. I said no as I haven’t received anything and shes like oh some people did not receive theirs and she made a service request for me. No mention I was denied. I also check myuscis account and it only says interview being scheduled since December 2017 and there was my service request case number. I am so confused...

Yup that’s why I am telling you to call again. Ask to be transferred to a tier 2 and ask what exactly happened with your case. The Info you got from the first person could be wrong. If you had your interview two months ago and you didn’t attend it, you’d be out of status right now. Your interview couldn’t be simply get rescheduled 

Edited by Californiansunset

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.