TBoneTX

November 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,327 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone who got their approvals!! I feel so sad I am being left behind😭😭 I just called them again and requested them to file an inquiry since the website says that inquiry date today is 11/10/17 and it wont let me do it online. The guy told me that he can't place an inquiry because the system made an error of putting the dates blablabla maybe instead of 01 it accidentally was put to 10. I didnt believe him since yesterday the inquiry date was 11/09/17. This is depressing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Rackle10187 said:

Just checked the new site and it said we got an RFE. Pretty bummed but at least they touched our case. No clue what it could be. We met 4 times in the past one year and had plenty of evidence. 😢 trying to stay positive. 

The positive side is RFEs usually turn into approvals as long as you can answer their question. Stay positive! 

Sometimes it's as simple as resubmitting something you already did. Feel free to post up what it is if you want advice, once you know! Good luck to you! 

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

1 hour ago, x_driven_x said:

IT HAPPENED!!!! 205 days

Checked the new website... Approved!!!

No email. No text. No update on "old" website.

I contacted my senator... a few days ago, maybe it helped!!!

Happy Friday!!!

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you....and all that are receiving approvals....

May 22 2017 - Met in person 

• Nov 01 2017  -  Mailed I-129F
  • Nov 02 2017  -  Case received
  • Nov 06 2017  -  NOA1 (Case submitted)
  • May 17 2018  -  NOA2 (192 days from NOA1) - no RFE
  • June 7 2018  -  NVC Received 
  • June 8 2018  -  NVC Case Number Received
  • June 12 2018 - Case sent to Embassy
  • June 13 2018  -  Consulate Received (In "Ready" Status)
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • June 14 2018  -  Packet 4 Received (email)
  • June 18 2018  -  Medical
  • July 9 2018  -  Interview: Eventually APPROVED (August 14, 2018)
  • August 22 2018  -  Visa In Hand
  • August 25 2018  -  POE ( days)
  •  2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • Sept 14 2018 - Wedding

Timeline

i let my senators office know about the approval, and she told me she didn't even do anything yet.... what the hell it was over a week since I contacted them. So... that just means they finally processed my case during whatever normal schedule they are working on. 

K1 / K2 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Kyiv, Ukriane

I-129-F mailed to USCIS 2017-11-10

Case Status received (NOA1) by USCIS: 2017-11-14

Check cashed: 2017-11-17

Case Received Email Notification: 2017-11-17

Case status available on myUSCIS: 2017-11-20

NOA1 Hardcopy received by mail: 2017-11-24

NOA2 Approval (204 days): 2018-06-06

Approval status updated on  new website: 2018-06-08

-- no updates on old website, no text, no email --

NOA2 Hardcopy received by mail: 2018-06-12

NVC Case Number Generated (21 days since NOA2): 2018-06-27

Case Left NVC: 2018-07-10 (13 days at NVC)

Case Received by Embassy: 2018-07-12 (2 days travel time!)

Medical Exam: 2018-07-16

Interview: 2018-08-08 (Approved)

Entry: 2018-09-19 (Chicago POE)

Marriage: 2018-10-12

"New" Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

"Old" Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Timeline
5 minutes ago, x_driven_x said:

i let my senators office know about the approval, and she told me she didn't even do anything yet.... what the hell it was over a week since I contacted them. So... that just means they finally processed my case during whatever normal schedule they are working on. 

It's hard to really say if taking these types of actions really help or not. 

Even though I did so, it's probably just coincidental on those who acted and got an approval around the same time. 

Just imagine, a Congressman/Senator probably gets hundreds, if not thousands of inquiries a day. Does anyone honestly think they address each and every one of those? In my opinion, nope. And even if they do it probably takes weeks at minimum from the date you submitted to when you actually get a response. 

Maybe I'll get lucky too....

Day 214 for me :(

Edited by Alekezam
Grammar correction

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

It's hard to really say if taking these types of actions really help or not. 

Even though I did so, it's probably just coincidental on those who acted and got an approval around the same time. 

Just imagine, a Congressman/Senator probably gets hundreds, if not thousands of inquiries a day. Does anyone honestly think they address each and every one of those? In my opinion, nope. And even if they do it probably takes weeks at minimum from the date you submitted to when you actually get a response. 

Maybe I'll get lucky too....

Day 214 for me :(

Did you try inquiring about ypur case since its outside processing time? Day210 for us😞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
1 hour ago, x_driven_x said:

IT HAPPENED!!!! 205 days

Checked the new website... Approved!!!

No email. No text. No update on "old" website.

I contacted my senator... a few days ago, maybe it helped!!!

image.png.1306cb81aa01e3296ea9a52547bd6f60.png

YES!!!! @x_driven_x You guys deserve this!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Nov 1st filer here.... started to get really annoyed with this situation currently at 219 days  and still nothing. Am currently in the USA visiting but  leaving Tomorrow to go home and was sure we would of had it by now. :( 

Absolutely heart broken. We called uscis 8 days ago and still nothing, sorry not trying to be negative but this is really disappointing 

Edited by Amy & John

Timeline
Just now, Sagada said:

Did you try inquiring about ypur case since its outside processing time? Day210 for us😞

Yes, I tried but it won't let me. Keeps on kicking back an error stating that I am still within normal processing time. For kicks I even changed the received date to way early like September 2017 and it still didn't work. So the system is messed up. 

Called them up and was told that the dates shown on the website for processing times isn't reflecting what they are actually working on, which, is total BS. 

As soon as they told me that I realized I was just wasting my time. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

Yes, I tried but it won't let me. Keeps on kicking back an error stating that I am still within normal processing time. For kicks I even changed the received date to way early like September 2017 and it still didn't work. So the system is messed up. 

Called them up and was told that the dates shown on the website for processing times isn't reflecting what they are actually working on, which, is total BS. 

As soon as they told me that I realized I was just wasting my time. 

That is what happened to me just a while ago. They told me that the system is not working appropriately (which is a total lie since i have been checking every single day and it had been changing the date everyday). I just contacted my senator's office and on my way out to fax the form they need. I

I feel you!! Keep praying for our approval. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 7.6.2018 at 4:10 AM, nykolos said:

Thank you.. I wrote to Natasha and told her about it, she's convinced the USA doesn't like Russia and will deny her for that reason,  I calmed her fears a little, explaining that it may work that way in other countries, its not the way it works here...  Best of luck to you tomorrow and Friday, I hope it happens!  

Haha, I was thinking exact the same for Germany as Merkel and Trump don't like each other (if I can believe what the media report). I said to Michael that they probably don't want to work on our file. but thank God I was wrong :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.