Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, sadee said:

I emailed them and waiting for reply.

This thing sucks! We have interview nxt week Nov 8 and they suddenly cancelled ours! They are saying reschedule and will call us to confirm the new date and time! We booked all flights for my husband from California, and for both of us to Montreal, accomodations, etc! Requested days off which is very hard to get again. And now JUST A WEEK PRIOR TO THE MUCH AWAITED INTERVIEW, they cancel! 😢

It’s impossible they didnt know about the move of location for months? You cant just decide and move an embassy in just a week? Did you get any e-mail yet.

1 hour ago, KartineeKartoons said:

This thing sucks! We have interview nxt week Nov 8 and they suddenly cancelled ours! They are saying reschedule and will call us to confirm the new date and time! We booked all flights for my husband from California, and for both of us to Montreal, accomodations, etc! Requested days off which is very hard to get again. And now JUST A WEEK PRIOR TO THE MUCH AWAITED INTERVIEW, they cancel! 😢

It’s impossible they didnt know about the move of location for months? You cant just decide and move an embassy in just a week? Did you get any e-mail yet.

No I didn’t get any email. I also booked non refundable flights and hotel accommodation. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, KartineeKartoons said:

I am guessing they emailed you.  I wonder what they would say if you contacted them about your situation.  So sorry.  I always say this is a bloody roller coaster (of emotions).

Timeline
11 minutes ago, CycleSS said:

I am guessing they emailed you.  I wonder what they would say if you contacted them about your situation.  So sorry.  I always say this is a bloody roller coaster (of emotions).

We were happy to finally have the interview and that our days off and commitments worked out with everything. And here is another delay. Our second wedding anniv is coming and I cant believe we can't still be together. This is the e-mail they sent me. I cant go in any of the dates they gave. At first I thought it was a spam. 😭https://ibb.co/rfDktt6

24 minutes ago, sadee said:

No I didn’t get any email. I also booked non refundable flights and hotel accommodation. 

I hope you are not rescheduled. This is crazy and I cant believe it is happening again. They said no waiing time for spouse of a US citizen to get an interview but we waited almost 5months just to get an interview letter. Now that it is here, they cancelled again. And it is not just the delay that makes me upset. All money we wasted. We cld have saved for something else.

Also it is not just me. There are many more applicants cancelled.  ☹️

Edited by KartineeKartoons

3 minutes ago, KartineeKartoons said:

We were happy to finally have the interview and that our days off and commitments worked out with everything. And here is another delay. Our second wedding anniv is coming and I cant believe we can't still be together. This is the e-mail they sent me. I cant go in any of the dates they gave. At first I thought it was a spam. 😭https://ibb.co/rfDktt6

I hope you are not rescheduled. This is crazy and I cant believe it is happening again. They said no waiing time for spouse of a US citizen to get an interview but we waited almost 5months just to get an interview letter. Now that it is here, they cancelled again. And it is not just the delay that makes me upset. All money we wasted. We cld have saved for a something else. ☹️

No I am not rescheduled yet. I believe they will not as our time at 9 am. May be they will reschedule people with later timings. This is not good as we have booked flights and hotel. I feel very sorry for you that you lost this much money and time. This is very stressful situation. Very challenging and complex procedure. Are you Eb3 or 2. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, KartineeKartoons said:

I hope you are not rescheduled. This is crazy and I cant believe it is happening again. They said no waiing time for spouse of a US citizen to get an interview but we waited almost 5months just to get an interview letter. Now that it is here, they cancelled again. And it is not just the delay that makes me upset. All money we wasted. We cld have saved for something else.

Also it is not just me. There are many more applicants cancelled.  ☹️

This sucks but once you have visa, wait until your 2nd anniversary for POE. If you move after 2nd anniversary you will get a 10 year GC and avoid the mess that is removal of condition in 2 years. 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, sadee said:

No I am not rescheduled yet. I believe they will not as our time at 9 am. May be they will reschedule people with later timings. This is not good as we have booked flights and hotel. I feel very sorry for you that you lost this much money and time. This is very stressful situation. Very challenging and complex procedure. Are you Eb3 or 2. 

This is spouse of a USCitizen visa. I understand that F and EB category wait longer for interview. But same with us guys! Montreal is the worst 😢

41 minutes ago, dee&vee said:

This sucks but once you have visa, wait until your 2nd anniversary for POE. If you move after 2nd anniversary you will get a 10 year GC and avoid the mess that is removal of condition in 2 years. 

That is if i get the visa. Because after another delay, who knows what pther things will come up. I’m feeling hopeless and weak. ☹️

Edited by KartineeKartoons

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, KartineeKartoons said:

That is if i get the visa. Because after another delay, who knows what pther things will come up. I’m feeling hopeless and weak. ☹️

you're almost done. Hang in there.

On 10/30/2019 at 9:12 AM, CycleSS said:

I got email today as reply to my inquiry   I am not rescheduled by Gods grace yet but they asked to come only at the right time not earlier as they do not want long line up 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, sadee said:

I got email today as reply to my inquiry   I am not rescheduled by Gods grace yet but they asked to come only at the right time not earlier as they do not want long line up 

Lucky! Rescheduled mine on the 18th. But will be going by myself. They said the same thing about the long line up. Thank you for the update. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I emailed a question to the Montreal Consulate last week asking if they are expecting any delays to the scheduling of the new immigration interviews because of the relocation.

I received the answer from them today:

Please note that appointment scheduling will not be delayed by the relocation of the U.S. Consulate in Montreal.

Beginning November 7, the U.S. Consulate General is moving to 1134  Sainte-Catherine West, Montreal, Quebec.  Please note our offices will be closed for routine services, including visas and American citizen services, on Thursday November 7 and Friday November 8 and will have limited appointments on Tuesday, November 12.  We will be open for a regular schedule on Wednesday, November 13. 

Your visa appointment will take place at the new location. 

Due to limited space and to avoid crowding, we will admit applicants only at their scheduled appointment time and will not permit lines to form outside the building.  Please plan accordingly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.