helloheyhey

dv lottary selected, not all children included

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, izabelajean said:

i thank you so very much thepanda. I appreciate it! I hope I get to the bottom of this! I wish you the best in your life and with your situation! :)

I wish you the best of luck too. If I find anything too I'll let you know! Keep us updated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, thepanda said:

I wish you the best of luck too. If I find anything too I'll let you know! Keep us updated!

thank you very much! Will do so! 

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, izabelajean said:

Hello, please help!

Ive applied for my parents the dv lottery and they got selected. At the time I applied I read you that I should involve in the application only the children under 21 and so I did. I listed mom dad and sister under 21. Now they got selected and Im filling DS-260 for them. when I put we are 3 children in total from my parents marriage it states it does not match the number of children entered in the application. I live in Usa and came here appx. 3 years ago on a K1 visa. My other sister is over 21 yo and single. Should I add myself and my other single sister over 21 years old on the application? Im very confused.

** I also applied the DV Lottery for my sister over 21 yo, alone, not involving anyone else in the application, but she didnt get selected. Is this wrong?

Please shed some light.

Thank you in advance and God bless you all in your lifes and in all these petitions.

Cheers from Bella!

Theres a lot of misinformation and confusion from most if not all (I was alarmed by the first couple of responses, so didn’t bother to read all) the response you’ve received from people who do not understand the DV process but are responding to you on this thread. 

Yes you correctly followed instructions for the eDV registration. Children 21 or over, or who are already USC/LPR are not required to be listed on your parents registration form. 

However, you need to mention them on each parent’s DS260 form. So yes, you need to mention yourself and your siblings on their forms. However you will not fill a separate DS260 for yourself or your over 21 sister. Only the under 21 sister needs a separate DS260 form in addition to being listed on your parents’ forms. The difference in number of kids on the eDV registration form and the DS260 form is irrelevant in this case. If asked during the interview, your parents will explain the fact that thyou other two kids did not qualify to be listed on the eDV form, plus the CO would likely have figured this out on their own anyways. 

2 hours ago, Roel said:

Someone correct me, but I believe this disqualifies your parents.

Nope, it doesn’t. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
9 hours ago, izabelajean said:

Yes I read that several times. 

The sibling that is 19 has been entered since the beginning of the application.  Now that I am filling out the DS 260, for the principal applicant which is my mother, asks for the name of the spouse (father) then asks how many children from this marriage? I put 3, and then it says the number of the children does not match the number of children in the application.... :@

You said you only put down one child when you applied so you can’t write in 3 now because that’s not what you did then so that’s why it’s not working.

Is there a checkbox or something on the DS 260 under children that mentions whether they will be accompanying? 

Did you make sure to check the box saying they would not be accompanying the beneficiary to the US?

I don't know - it does seem like you've done everything correctly and I'm sorry you're having so much trouble.

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

• 10 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
On 5/18/2018 at 1:45 PM, thepanda said:

I read the same a couple of times in a differnt forum where all GC were denied because they did not entered all children because they didn't want to take them or for whatever rerason.

But I also found in one of the instrucions (on the other website)that it is says to include ALL children that are under 21 which you did. When I read the instructions for DS-260 it sounds like you are only supposed to add the child that is under 21 on that form. Can anyone confirm this?

Izabela, You include everyone, no matter if they are eligible for winning the lottery. If you do not write all the children name it will be represented as you are trying to hide things. I know that you did not have this intention, but this rule is made to avoid cases that might abuse the lottery. hope you got everything right. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.