231 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Mirna.A said:

Hello. No updates from us but I did check his visa status on the gov site and it was last updated in December which is a gd sign, I think. Anyone else have any news?

when was your interview? and where?

Timeline

No updates here. My case is updated often though at least once a week, sometimes many days in a row. But this has been happening since I was put on AP 4 months ago... 

Timeline

Hello everyone, 

This is Kat speaking (Bashar's wife). As I have been involved in this community over the last 2 years and especially over the last 4 months with my husband over AP, I've been thinking of ways we can bring our voices and experiences together in a strong and impactful way.

I currently work for a company for NaTakallam, which hires refugees and displaced people for language sessions and translation services. I work in their marketing department, and I've realized the power that making videos can provide in this media age for people who are not usually featured speaking for themselves. 

Was thinking I could spearhead the creation of a short video that shares all of our stories. Would you be interested in participating? I would ask you all for selfie-style videos explaining your love story and visa story and I would edit them all together and pitch it to news outlets for publication. I have a master's degree in Journalism  and Middle Eastern Studies from New York University and experience in making videos for news media (you can see a previous project of mine that was nominated for a large festival SXSW in the US here: http://whatishome.nyc/#cuba

Let me know if you all think this would be a good project to start... 

Wishing you all strength and good news soon,

Kat

Timeline

Hello guys

2 days ago, congress introduced a bill that blocks the implementation of the travel ban.

I don't know how much time can it take, I am not really familiar with the procedure.

lets hope for the best :)

Edited by Amr8

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Amr8 said:

Hello guys

2 days ago, congress introduced a bill that blocks the implementation of the travel ban.

I don't know how much time can it take, I am not really familiar with the procedure.

Hi Amr, 

Thank you for sharing this with us. 

Would you please link an article or any source of the info. So I can get more details about it. 

I appreciate it. 

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

Timeline
Just now, Nagham said:

Hi Amr, 

Thank you for sharing this with us. 

Would you please link an article or any source of the info. So I can get more details about it. 

I appreciate it. 

Hello Nagham

This is the link for the bill that was introduced by the congress. you can look for the updates in here

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/810/cosponsors?r=20&s=2

Timeline
1 minute ago, Amr8 said:

Hello Nagham

This is the link for the bill that was introduced by the congress. you can look for the updates in here

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/810/cosponsors?r=20&s=2

Thanks a lot. I will check it out now. 

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

9 minutes ago, Amr8 said:

Hello guys

Told you before that I'm very optimistic about January 2019! :) 
Insha'Allah Khair 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mirna.A said:

Great news! Thank you for sharing! Is there a possibility it will pass or is it unlikely? Please keep us posted with any updates.

I think it will pass the House of Rep. but I am not certain it can pass the senate.

Lets hope for the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Amr8 said:

I think it will pass the House of Rep. but I am not certain it can pass the senate.

Lets hope for the best.

Yeah Judy Chu and Chris Murphy tried to introduce these bills in late 2017, but there was no support. I guess it'll pass in the House now but will be dead in the Senate is what I predict. Perhaps I could see it being used as leverage in the greater immigration conversation that is happening (the wall), but we'll have to wait and see. I guess I could theoretically see Trump agree to restore the bona fide relationship portion of the travel ban if necessary as a plan to get his dang wall. A week ago or so Nancy Pelosi made some strong statements on how un-American the travel ban is, so there is hope that it's on her radar to consider...

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.