231 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, MariamArab said:

For me going in with my husband I think its a new rule. For NVC mistakes such as make sure documents are correct and make sure u scan them clearly. And for what happened to us was I submitted the syrian birth certificate side ways like it is and they said no and they are not willing to turn their head or press a button to fix it . It took 3 weeks for them to see the new scan which I submitted minutes after they rejected it. Good luck 

WOW!! Just WOW! Thank you very much because I would have probably submitted the birth certificate the way it is, if it weren't for you. 
Thanks a lot dear. 

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nagham said:

WOW!! Just WOW! Thank you very much because I would have probably submitted the birth certificate the way it is, if it weren't for you. 
Thanks a lot dear. 

Your welcome! Just make sure you submit readable view where they don’t turn their head. Happy to be a help and save you 3 weeks of waiting make sure you submit everything readable view and very clear. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Nagham said:

Thanks a lot dear. 

Another thing to keep in mind is that the attachments should not exceed 5 MB in size. They won't process it. you can follow the steps in this link: 
https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Also, do not forget to add the case number in the title. 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Muhammad&Mansory said:

Another thing to keep in mind is that the attachments should not exceed 5 MB in size. They won't process it. you can follow the steps in this link: 
https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Also, do not forget to add the case number in the title. 

Thank you very very much.
I was reading the instructions just now on the official website. It says: " You can attach multiple PDFs to a single email, but each PDF can be no more than 5 MB (megabytes) in size."
Do you think sending each document in PDF separately is a good idea? Or all documents in one PDF? 
Thanks again!

I - 751 package: 

Timeline
Just now, Nagham said:

Thank you very very much.
I was reading the instructions just now on the official website. It says: " You can attach multiple PDFs to a single email, but each PDF can be no more than 5 MB (megabytes) in size."
Do you think sending each document in PDF separately is a good idea? Or all documents in one PDF? 
Thanks again!

I personally sent an email with around 20 PDFs; and named each PDF with the case # and the type of the document. I think it makes things easier to process. The one thing I think I should have done differently was to combine the Arabic and english translation in one PDF rather than sending two separate ones. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Muhammad&Mansory said:

I personally sent an email with around 20 PDFs; and named each PDF with the case # and the type of the document. I think it makes things easier to process. The one thing I think I should have done differently was to combine the Arabic and english translation in one PDF rather than sending two separate ones. 

Perfect! I was thinking of doing exactly that. (English and Arabic together because even physically they are attached together).

Good luck with the AP. 

I - 751 package: 

Timeline
15 hours ago, Muhammad&Mansory said:

We were talking about this yesterday and I found this article today, Documents Scanning FAQs.

I thought of sharing it. In case someone else read this conversation.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/establish-financial-support/docs-scan-faqs.html

I - 751 package: 

Timeline

I was reading in other places that getting updates on the website is a good thing. Some even said after five updates they got approved for the waiver. So did anybody know anything about that?

On 6/26/2019 at 10:20 PM, MariamArab said:

I was reading in other places that getting updates on the website is a good thing. Some even said after five updates they got approved for the waiver. So did anybody know anything about that?

I don't think it's a rule , as i had more than 5 updates, but let's hope we get our wavier soon ! 

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Did any other Syrian, with approved I-130, receive a letter from DoS about being eligible to apply for refugee resettlement? My petitioner received a letter on my behalf to let us know about the program.

And what do you think about the program? Could it be faster than waiting for a waiver? 
This is a link for more info about the program: http://www.wrapsnet.org/siv-iraqi-syrian-p-2

Thank you!

I - 751 package: 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys.

FYI.

great news.. just got an email from the embassy to proceed with my process.

Hey guys! My husband got his visa finally a couple days ago! His interview was in February 2018. They emailed him to go to the embassy in August a couple months ago. We would have gotten his visa in April/March if we didn’t have to get a new passport at the time. Let me know if you have any questions. I hope you all get your visas very soon! My husband says to tell you guys that you shouldn’t be worried about getting your visas anymore because they are issuing visas to Syrians now in Amman.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mirna.A said:

Hey guys! My husband got his visa finally a couple days ago! His interview was in February 2018. They emailed him to go to the embassy in August a couple months ago. We would have gotten his visa in April/March if we didn’t have to get a new passport at the time. Let me know if you have any questions. I hope you all get your visas very soon! My husband says to tell you guys that you shouldn’t be worried about getting your visas anymore because they are issuing visas to Syrians now in Amman.

Great news, I was thinking just now about asking you for an update. Congratulations!! 
Does your husband mean that Amman embassy is giving visas immediately after the interview, or after a few months in AP? In case he knows of course. Thanks in advance!

Congratulations to you too @khouloud1

I am so happy to hear more Syrians/citizens of banned countries getting their visas.

I - 751 package: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.