2,323 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Highzik said:

They are talking about your relative, some you share the same blood with like siblings.

I believe this is incorrect. 

If you select "yes" the drop down menu includes "finacé(e)" therefore you must include your fiancé(e)/petitioner in this question.

3 hours ago, Katri said:

Looking at this DS-160... On page 13 there is a question: Do you have any immediate relatives, not including? Should I answer yes or no to this question? Like are they talking about my fiancée in States or that do I have someone in my home country?

They are seeking information for "relatives", people you share a common bond with like parents, cousins, sisters, brother blah blah. BUT your Fiancée is not a relative because you are not legally married as of today, when filing the DS-160.

There trying to figure out if you are forming a "Gang" to attack the US. :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

They are seeking information for "relatives", people you share a common bond with like parents, cousins, sisters, brother blah blah. BUT your Fiancée is not a relative because you are not legally married as of today, when filing the DS-160.

There trying to figure out if you are forming a "Gang" to attack the US. :jest:

Why would "fiancé(e)" be an option to answer with then? A fiancé would never be a relative (nor would a spouse) but it is an option on the drop-down menu after you answer "yes"....

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Why would "fiancé(e)" be an option to answer with then? A fiancé would never be a relative (nor would a spouse) but it is an option on the drop-down menu after you answer "yes"....

Another anomaly of the DS-160. Who can explain, as with anything on that form, you think that it isn't plausible under current common sense definition but USCIS has another definition which I think they pull out of their......  :yes:

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Hi everyone! We got our Noa2 update that our case was approved on the old website last 31st of May.

Based on your experiences guys. How long does it take for my fiance to get Noa2 in the mail. 

I'm sorry I'm just a little bit anxious. I just really want to make sure that it's for real that we got approved. 😊😇😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
19 hours ago, Hemzi said:

Aww! When you planning to have your wedding?

Has he already got his Police Certificate and Patient Summary & Immunization Records ready?

August 21st is our wedding and he just paid for his police certificate. Not sure on the immunization records though but I assume he has them or will get them Monday.

2 hours ago, andjen0519 said:

Hi everyone! We got our Noa2 update that our case was approved on the old website last 31st of May.

Based on your experiences guys. How long does it take for my fiance to get Noa2 in the mail. 

I'm sorry I'm just a little bit anxious. I just really want to make sure that it's for real that we got approved. 😊😇😊

2-4 weeks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Highzik said:

They are talking about your relative, some you share the same blood with like siblings.

Incorrect information for a ds-160, as stated by many already.

Please be careful when sharing information that you are not sure of.

Edited by Naes

Timeline

Fiancé is considered immediate relative because it is a status that can change to spouse(immediate relative) easily, and it has too much connection with immigration decisions. 

Which does not not make sense yeah, but at the same time I believe it also does under these circumstances.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, reicakes88 said:

August 21st is our wedding and he just paid for his police certificate. Not sure on the immunization records though but I assume he has them or will get them Monday.

Congratulations first of all :D! I've got planned wedding date of 18th August lol. Make sure if he's at the doctors that he gets his patient summary care and if he has had any previous/ongoing/serious medical conditions, that he gets the notes for that. It's a new requirement for the medical... Police Certificate should come to him in 10 working days time! 

I'm seriously hoping they receive the case tomorrow. Fed up of seeing 'In Transit'.... 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, audaud said:

Am I calling correctly? Pressing 1 for English, then 3 for the k1 visa  ... then giving them our WAC number? 

1 for English, then 7 (or 5, but I would go 7 as they would tell you if you should call 5 instead after they receive your case.)

what is 3 for? Did they change the menu or something?

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

20 minutes ago, Naes said:

1 for English, then 7 (or 5, but I would go 7 as they would tell you if you should call 5 instead after they receive your case.)

what is 3 for? Did they change the menu or something?

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

I don’t remember off the top of my head, but it was something about immigrant visas I believe? I’ve been using option 3 for the past week LOL. Thanks for the clarification Naes, you are so so helpful. I appreciate you.

19 minutes ago, audaud said:

I don’t remember off the top of my head, but it was something about immigrant visas I believe? I’ve been using option 3 for the past week LOL. Thanks for the clarification Naes, you are so so helpful. I appreciate you.

Not sure what the options are now but three weeks ago i called and chose 1 and then 2 and got my NVC#. Keep in mind K1 is a non immigrant Visa, not an immigrant one.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.