2,323 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

Oh. So u got your visa on hand within 2 days?

Yes. I think ours was a simple case though.

I am from Canada, for one. I have known my fiancé for 14 years, visited him 5 times in the past 2 years including a 172 day stay in the US where I lived with him. We were way over the 125% on the I134. All of our paperwork was in order and in excess at minimum. There wasn't too much more to prove that our relationship was bonafide.

I'm sure that with a lot of cases the CO would do a lot more investigating hence the additional time in AP. When you leave your embassy you are usually given a pink slip stating your case was approved (or a blue, one I think, that states your Visa will be pending (aka AP) further investigation or document submission on your part). Either way it states your Visa can take "several days" hence why I quoted it. 

6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I am from Canada, for one. I have known my fiancé for 14 years, visited him 5 times in the past 2 years including a 172 day stay in the US where I lived with him. We were way over the 125% on the I134. All of our paperwork was in order and in excess at minimum. There wasn't too much more to prove that our relationship was bonafide.

I'm sure that with a lot of cases the CO would do a lot more investigating hence the additional time in AP. When you leave your embassy you are usually given a pink slip stating your case was approved (or a blue, one I think, that states your Visa will be pending (aka AP) further investigation or document submission on your part). Either way it states your Visa can take "several days" hence why I quoted it. 

I think mine is even much simpler.

We met 13 times in the past two years and we knew each other in real-word life and I stayed in US for 2 years for study purpose.

We were 5 times over the 125% poverty line. All documents and paperwork were done properly.

We do not have any slip over here.  CO just told me it is ready for issuance of visa.

Hence I am just asking what are the status ppl see here to get an understanding as I do not see any reason for placing my case under the bad AP.

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 8/31/2018 at 11:54 AM, CCCCCF said:

Hi Everyone!

Can I ask what kind of status do you guys see on CEAC status website after interview?

I saw ppl telling me it is : Ready -> Application Received (case create date and last update date change and become non immigrant)-> Administrative Processing -> Issued

Mine is Ready -> Administrative Processing (still under immigrant visa) 

I am not sure if this is placing me under a bad 'AP' or what? CO told me my documents look fine and is good for visa issuance.

Can any one share info with me? Any idea is appreciated!

This is normal. It's not "bad". Length of time in AP may vary at different consulates. It's part of the process. Mine was in AP for 5 days.

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

15 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

This is normal. It's not "bad". Length of time in AP may vary at different consulates. It's part of the process. Mine was in AP for 5 days.

Thank you!

I guess I will just wait then.

Was your in AP for 5 days or 5 business days?

I751:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

Thank you!

I guess I will just wait then.

Was your in AP for 5 days or 5 business days?

5 business days :) 

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

20 minutes ago, LeesaMarie said:

5 business days :) 

Thank you!

Appreciate your reply.

All the best to your new start in US. :) 

I751:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

FIANCE APPROVED TODAY!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/3/2018 at 1:08 AM, K1visaHopeful said:

my visa was ready for pick up the next day.

It has been 6 working days that I am under AP after interview. The CO said it would be ready within a week.

T.T

I751:

Just realized it wasnt you who started that comment, @saeric. My apologies.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Your case status said administrative processing right? Just letting you know that most cases will have the status "administrative processing" as it proceeds through the different statuses after the interview. It's just one of the steps/statuses. It does not mean you got an RFE/221g. AP is a normal status. AP does not mean "bad".

I feel most ppl see the AP under Non-Immigrant Visa which is a good sign but mine is under Immigrant Visa.

I have talked to a few ppl here in SG, feels like only ppl who get 221g will be placed under this. So I am so confused now.

The CO didn't ask me for any additional documents.

I really have no idea what is going on.....

I751:

6 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

I feel most ppl see the AP under Non-Immigrant Visa which is a good sign but mine is under Immigrant Visa.

I have talked to a few ppl here in SG, feels like only ppl who get 221g will be placed under this. So I am so confused now.

The CO didn't ask me for any additional documents.

I really have no idea what is going on.....

Everyone's is under the immigrant Visa on the CEAC website my dear. The nonimmigrant link is only to check status from NVC to your embassy. It will never say AP there. That is how everyone checks the process after the interview before it is received in hand (the Immigrant link using your DS160 confirmation #). Everyone's status will say Administrative Processing. Most times it changes so fast that you dont know it. Administrative processing is a NORMAL status. It is not bad. It can take one day or several days. You need to stop thinking it is bad.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Everyone's is under the immigrant Visa on the CEAC website my dear. The nonimmigrant link is only to check status from NVC to your embassy. It will never say AP there. That is how everyone checks the process after the interview before it is received in hand (the Immigrant link using your DS160 confirmation #). Everyone's status will say Administrative Processing. Most times it changes so fast that you dont know it. Administrative processing is a NORMAL status. It is not bad. It can take one day or several days. You need to stop thinking it is bad.

Thank you for your encouragement.

I saw ppl mention about their status will become AP and the Immigrant visa above the AP will become Non-Immigrant and then after a few days it turns into Issued...

Thats why I am freaked out.

But thanks again!

I will keep waiting for the visa.

I751:

1 hour ago, CCCCCF said:

Thank you for your encouragement.

I saw ppl mention about their status will become AP and the Immigrant visa above the AP will become Non-Immigrant and then after a few days it turns into Issued...

Thats why I am freaked out.

But thanks again!

I will keep waiting for the visa.

No, you are surely confused (or they are). The IMMIGRANT status will not change after the interview (sorry I got it backwards). It should stay "ready" forever. 

You are only going to check your status on the non-immigrant link after the interview using your DS160 Confirmation #. It will fluctuate from various statuses including "AP" and "Issued" and can even go back to "AP" after it states "Issued" as different departments have to process it. 

WHAT THEY ARE REFERRING TO IS THIS so dont freak out because you are misunderstanding what these other ppl have told you...

Your I129F is a non immigrant Visa with immigrant intent.

It is considered a non immigrant Visa from its point at USCIS until it leaves the NVC.

THEN it becomes an Immigrant Visa while it is at the embassy. 

Then once you have completed the interview it goes back to being a non immigrant Visa. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

4 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No, you are surely confused (or they are). The IMMIGRANT status will not change after the interview (sorry I got it backwards). It should stay "ready" forever. 

You are only going to check your status on the non-immigrant link after the interview using your DS160 Confirmation #. It will fluctuate from various statuses including "AP" and "Issued" and can even go back to "AP" after it states "Issued" as different departments have to process it. 

WHAT THEY ARE REFERRING TO IS THIS so dont freak out because you are misunderstanding what these other ppl have told you...

Your I129F is a non immigrant Visa with immigrant intent.

It is considered a non immigrant Visa from its point at USCIS until it leaves the NVC.

THEN it becomes an Immigrant Visa while it is at the embassy. 

Then once you have completed the interview it goes back to being a non immigrant Visa. 

I have talked to an applicant who interviewed this week.

Her status becomes 'Application Received' with Non-Immigrant now.

I never know we should us DS160 confirmation number to check the status tho....

I751:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.