2,323 posts in this topic

Ok so I'm panicking a bit, When the I-129F package was submitted I used my Fiances name but didn't include exactly the way it is in her passport (screw up I know) I used her name 'Mariangelica Osorio' but on her passport she has both her father and mothers last name 'Mariangelica Osorio Moreno'  ..... right now I am waiting for NVC to  mail the case to the embassy and have case number in hand ( Called NVC this morning) but they said they can not make any changes at the NVC level because they do not handle K1 petitions. They said it would be something that would have to be handled on an embassy level when it arrives in Rio

Does anyone have any experience in this and please tell me that this won't lead to having to start the process over again? 

24 minutes ago, Whitakerd1029 said:

Ok so I'm panicking a bit, When the I-129F package was submitted I used my Fiances name but didn't include exactly the way it is in her passport (screw up I know) I used her name 'Mariangelica Osorio' but on her passport she has both her father and mothers last name 'Mariangelica Osorio Moreno'  ..... right now I am waiting for NVC to  mail the case to the embassy and have case number in hand ( Called NVC this morning) but they said they can not make any changes at the NVC level because they do not handle K1 petitions. They said it would be something that would have to be handled on an embassy level when it arrives in Rio

Does anyone have any experience in this and please tell me that this won't lead to having to start the process over again? 

My fiance had the same problem for me, because in my culture there’s no family name and middle name is part of our name too but he only wrote my first and surname eventho my name consisted of 3 phrases.

He did inform embassy about beneficiary’s full name. It shouldnt affect your petition (in my opinion) because your fiancee will fill DS 160 forms. It should be done in embassy stage. Rest assured. I have no problem with the embassy until this point (already scheduling for interview)

good luck!

2017.11.16  I-129F submitted

2017.11.20  NoA1 via USCIS website

2017.12.01  I-797C received

2018.05.04 NoA2 via USCIS website

2018.05.08 I-797 received

2018.05.30  e-mail from NVC (case number 'in transit')

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Ahh patiently, I should say that in quotes "patiently" waiting for our NVC number, NOA2 was 5/25. I think once we have endured the waiting period for the NOA2 you would think your patience tolerance gets better but I feel as if it's the complete opposite with an end in site.. I am hoping for a mid July Interview for him fingers crossed 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

2 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

Ahh patiently, I should say that in quotes "patiently" waiting for our NVC number, NOA2 was 5/25. I think once we have endured the waiting period for the NOA2 you would think your patience tolerance gets better but I feel as if it's the complete opposite with an end in site.. I am hoping for a mid July Interview for him fingers crossed 

so did u call NVC? Same NOA2 date on the paper

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

so did u call NVC? Same NOA2 date on the paper

Yes I called them this morning, and they gave me the same scripted response of "6 week" timeframe.. I am hoping by the end of next week, I've seen trends of 3-4 weeks and I will be approaching 3 weeks at the end of this week, so maybe it is a bit early for me to inquire..I just hope 

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Just now, JMCKNG said:

Yes I called them this morning, and they gave me the same scripted response of "6 week" timeframe.. I am hoping by the end of next week, I've seen trends of 3-4 weeks and I will be approaching 3 weeks at the end of this week, so maybe it is a bit early for me to inquire..I just hope 

Thanks!

Then I probably should wait as well and save some energy to call. :)

I think at NVC, they should go by dates...

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 09/06/2018 at 5:30 PM, Greenbaum said:

They do both. From the "old way" where they would send what was scanned and then send paper records. Now they are transiting to all scanned electronic files but they not yet fully embrace that process. I expect in a few more months everything will be electronic if not sooner.

Do you happen to know if it is possible to ask for an email instead of snail mail? I have to leave my present apartment on July 3rd and there is no way I can get to the mailbox after that..

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Why not have mail forwarded by the post office?

It is impossible, because my landlord kicks me out, I don't even want to try to ask. And with our post office it will take extra week or two to forward it anywhere..

6 minutes ago, LenaT said:

It is impossible, because my landlord kicks me out, I don't even want to try to ask. And with our post office it will take extra week or two to forward it anywhere..

Do you have service like informed delivery? Or maybe you can pick it up from the post office when it arrives there?

Honestly after waiting so long for noa2..any kind of difficulty is so annoying. It's going to be fine. First find out if post office has services like that if not, then contact embassy to change address 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarac9 said:

Do you have service like informed delivery? Or maybe you can pick it up from the post office when it arrives there?

Honestly after waiting so long for noa2..any kind of difficulty is so annoying. It's going to be fine. First find out if post office has services like that if not, then contact embassy to change address 

It doesn't have any of the options..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So no one has let the NVC since the end of last month?  Interesting.  They were getting cases in and our quickly.  If it's been a few weeks they should be sitting on a pretty heavy backlog by now.  Hopefully, things get moving again this week.

11/14/17 129F mailed

11/17/17 NOA1

05/14/18 NOA2

06/06/18 NVC received and case # assigned

06/12/18 left NVC

06/13/18 Manila Embassy received

06/13/18 CFO completed at Clark Pampanga

06/18-19/18 Medical exam

07/10/18 Interview - APPROVED!!

07/29/18 POE

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dave_and_Jessa said:

So no one has let the NVC since the end of last month?  Interesting.  They were getting cases in and our quickly.  If it's been a few weeks they should be sitting on a pretty heavy backlog by now.  Hopefully, things get moving again this week.

I don't like seeing that.. I read on one of the forums that they recently went through a large lay off of employees at USCIS and I would hate to have this be the trends in order to start to "limit" applications from going through in a timely manner. I could be completely wrong but it is a bit unsettling when you see the trends from the past year or even 6 months 

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.