1,450 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had our green card interview yesterday - approved the same day. Updated to card is being produced last night and is on 'Case is approved' today.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, Miguel1820 said:

Same here, but my interview was on January 30th IO didn’t approved or denied no paper, just that they will reviewed. I heard of people that has been waiting for more than 90 or 120 days. Hopefully they don’t take that long to approve our cases.

Yeah its worrisome imean after all the wait we had already experienced now more wait for us. Imean its sad. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

we need your help please. we field for our AOS on May, 2018 but didn't submit AP. from watching how the process is going, seems like we still have a while until we get interview so our questions are:

- should we bother to file for AP since the process take 4 to 6 month and we might get interview before that?

- would it effect the I-485 process?

- how long is the applicant allowed to be out of country if they travel under AP?

thank you foe all your help.

Yasser 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
8 hours ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

Hello Everyone,

we need your help please. we field for our AOS on May, 2018 but didn't submit AP. from watching how the process is going, seems like we still have a while until we get interview so our questions are:

- should we bother to file for AP since the process take 4 to 6 month and we might get interview before that?

- would it effect the I-485 process?

- how long is the applicant allowed to be out of country if they travel under AP?

thank you foe all your help.

Yasser 

Hello

Yuo can apply for AP no problem still free won’t hurt anything. You may have your interview before you get the AP at this point. But that will depend of your local office processing times.

2 hours ago, Miguel1820 said:

Hello

Yuo can apply for AP no problem still free won’t hurt anything. You may have your interview before you get the AP at this point. But that will depend of your local office processing times.

Hi Miguel did u get any update on your green card yet??

Do update whenever you get any update as your case is like mine. Most people get the answer on the interview day but i guess we have to wait a little longer. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Clock said:

Hi Miguel did u get any update on your green card yet??

Do update whenever you get any update as your case is like mine. Most people get the answer on the interview day but i guess we have to wait a little longer. 

No updates yet, I will post if I get any update. 

We had our AOS green card interview today in Milwaukee. (It was originally scheduled for January 30, but rescheduled due to bad weather to March 18). The interview went well and we were approved on the spot. The green card should be arriving soon I hope!

Our interview was scheduled for 10:30am and we were called into the office by the adjudicator about 30 to 40 minutes after the scheduled time. She was very nice, and asked us how we met, when we started living together, about our wedding, and if I met her family. She looked at our 4 pages of printed out photos and asked questions about them. She kept the photos. She asked for our apartment lease which shows both of our names. She asked for my 2018 tax forms. Then she said everything was fine and she approved us.  I had to ask her if she wanted to take our I-693 form from the civil surgeon showing that we completed the missing vaccines. She took the form but maybe it was unnecessary and we didn't need to do the form anyway. I also asked her if she wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, which she took. She did not want to see or take any other forms -- no birth certificates, not my US passport, not my wife's EAD card, no other evidences of our relationship. 

What a relief to finish this!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tomalley said:

Does anyone know that, if you don’t have insurance, will you get penalized? I just read that online and it is very scary. 

Hi

Penalized from INS? For not having Health insurance?

5 minutes ago, Miguel1820 said:

Hi

Penalized from INS? For not having Health insurance?

Yes, that is what I read. If you don’t have insurance, you might need to pay almost 700$ for fine. I wonder if anyone knows about it? Because it is time to file the tax return now. 

https://www.healthinsurance.org/obamacare/obamacare-penalty-exemptions/

Omg I received this update tonight, does this mean im getting a green card or work card?.. 😃 I have been waiting just over a year for this. My AOS was denied last november and we had to open a motion for reconsideration. I guess they approved me now😊 right? lol  My heart is beating with joy! God is so good I prayed hard for this and literally today I prayed and now this. 

19E2F7F8-41BC-4EA6-AD00-13D6498EC4D0.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.