Jump to content

1,337 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, I figured I could start this thread for May 2018 AOS filers in case no one has started one already. 

I filed for my two children , 11 and 9. They followed-to-join with K2 visas. 

Whats your case? 

Good luck to all us and let’s believe. It’s possible. 


K1 Visa Journey: (see attachment)

 

Adjustment Of Status Journey

03/27/17 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

04/01/17 : Package delivered by USPS

04/11/17 : Text messages and emails saying Uscis received the package the 04/03/17

04/14/17 : Received AOS and EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail, not the AP

04/21/17 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

05/02/17 : Biometrics

07/19/17 : EAD approval, status changed to new card is being produced

07/24/17 : EAD and AP approval notices in mail 

07/24/17 : Status changed to card was mailed to me 

07/27/17 : Combo card in hand 💃🏾🎈🎊

12/01/17 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

12/01/17 : Card received in mail. Yay!

03/21/18 : K2 Houston POE

04/27/18 : K2 AOS package mailed

04/30/18 : Package delivered by USPS 

05/17/18 : Notif of acceptance, text and emails

05/21/18 : NOA1 hardcopies in mail

05/30/18 : Biometrics letters in mail

06/07/18 : Biometrics completed

08/23/18 : RFE notification in app

08/28/18 : RFE received in mail

09/05/18 : Response to RFE mailed with

UPS

09/11/2018 : Response to RFE received 

10/01/18 : Case ready for interview (K2) notif in app

10/05/18 : Interview letter in mail, scheduled for November 07th

11/07/18 : ??

12/31/18 : Green Cards in mail!! Yay! 

 

 

 

 

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K-1 filer. Sent my package in last week, just got my NOA1 via email and text today. Should get my hard copy version soon.


May 22, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 24, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

Nov 13,  2017 - NOA2 Approval Date

Feb 27, 2018  - Interview and APPROVAL

Mar 10, 2018 - Point of Entry

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 - Filed for AOS, EAD and AP

Apr 30, 2018 - NOA1 official date

May 01, 2018 - NOA1 Received via Email and Text

May 23, 2018 - Biometrics 

Sep 12, 2018 - Combo Card EAD/AP received

Nov 06, 2018 - Interview for green card

??? ??, 2018 - Received GC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, thirteenthday12 said:

K-1 filer. Sent my package in last week, just got my NOA1 via email and text today. Should get my hard copy version soon.

Awesome!! Yes just a matter of days


K1 Visa Journey: (see attachment)

 

Adjustment Of Status Journey

03/27/17 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

04/01/17 : Package delivered by USPS

04/11/17 : Text messages and emails saying Uscis received the package the 04/03/17

04/14/17 : Received AOS and EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail, not the AP

04/21/17 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

05/02/17 : Biometrics

07/19/17 : EAD approval, status changed to new card is being produced

07/24/17 : EAD and AP approval notices in mail 

07/24/17 : Status changed to card was mailed to me 

07/27/17 : Combo card in hand 💃🏾🎈🎊

12/01/17 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

12/01/17 : Card received in mail. Yay!

03/21/18 : K2 Houston POE

04/27/18 : K2 AOS package mailed

04/30/18 : Package delivered by USPS 

05/17/18 : Notif of acceptance, text and emails

05/21/18 : NOA1 hardcopies in mail

05/30/18 : Biometrics letters in mail

06/07/18 : Biometrics completed

08/23/18 : RFE notification in app

08/28/18 : RFE received in mail

09/05/18 : Response to RFE mailed with

UPS

09/11/2018 : Response to RFE received 

10/01/18 : Case ready for interview (K2) notif in app

10/05/18 : Interview letter in mail, scheduled for November 07th

11/07/18 : ??

12/31/18 : Green Cards in mail!! Yay! 

 

 

 

 

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to you too!! 


K1 Visa Journey: (see attachment)

 

Adjustment Of Status Journey

03/27/17 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

04/01/17 : Package delivered by USPS

04/11/17 : Text messages and emails saying Uscis received the package the 04/03/17

04/14/17 : Received AOS and EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail, not the AP

04/21/17 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

05/02/17 : Biometrics

07/19/17 : EAD approval, status changed to new card is being produced

07/24/17 : EAD and AP approval notices in mail 

07/24/17 : Status changed to card was mailed to me 

07/27/17 : Combo card in hand 💃🏾🎈🎊

12/01/17 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

12/01/17 : Card received in mail. Yay!

03/21/18 : K2 Houston POE

04/27/18 : K2 AOS package mailed

04/30/18 : Package delivered by USPS 

05/17/18 : Notif of acceptance, text and emails

05/21/18 : NOA1 hardcopies in mail

05/30/18 : Biometrics letters in mail

06/07/18 : Biometrics completed

08/23/18 : RFE notification in app

08/28/18 : RFE received in mail

09/05/18 : Response to RFE mailed with

UPS

09/11/2018 : Response to RFE received 

10/01/18 : Case ready for interview (K2) notif in app

10/05/18 : Interview letter in mail, scheduled for November 07th

11/07/18 : ??

12/31/18 : Green Cards in mail!! Yay! 

 

 

 

 

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all - I originally thought I'd send mine off sooner and be an April filer, but we've been so busy that I haven't finished the packet for DH yet. We're hoping to send it on Monday. I just have to finish the Affidavit of Support and I think we'll be good to go. I have some questions if any of you want to help me :) 

 

How did you guys organize your packets? Do I need to include any evidence of relationship in this packet or is that for the interview?

 

Would anyone mind critiquing my table of contents for my package? How many G-1145s do I need? I attach one to each front of 485, 765, and 131, right?

 

Table of Contents

Check or money order

Form G-1145, Request for e-Notification

Form I-485

Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport - biographical page as well as entry stamps

Copy of NOA2 Approval for I-129F

Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses valid paper I-94 (front and back of form) <---this I just printed from the website, is it sufficient? He didn't get anything else at the the airport

A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation

A copy of your marriage certificate

Two passport-type photos of spouse

I-864, Affidavit of Support 

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

I-131, Application for Travel Document

 

 


Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW:whistle:

   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 12:14 PM, BVGApeach said:

Hi all - I originally thought I'd send mine off sooner and be an April filer, but we've been so busy that I haven't finished the packet for DH yet. We're hoping to send it on Monday. I just have to finish the Affidavit of Support and I think we'll be good to go. I have some questions if any of you want to help me :) 

 

How did you guys organize your packets? Do I need to include any evidence of relationship in this packet or is that for the interview?

 

Would anyone mind critiquing my table of contents for my package? How many G-1145s do I need? I attach one to each front of 485, 765, and 131, right?

 

Table of Contents

Check or money order

Form G-1145, Request for e-Notification

Form I-485

Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport - biographical page as well as entry stamps

Copy of NOA2 Approval for I-129F

Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses valid paper I-94 (front and back of form) <---this I just printed from the website, is it sufficient? He didn't get anything else at the the airport

A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation

A copy of your marriage certificate

Two passport-type photos of spouse

I-864, Affidavit of Support 

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

I-131, Application for Travel Document

 

 

There's some posts about table of contents for AOS on the April AOS thread. Mine looked like this:

 

I-485 Form and Supporting Documents

Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status

 

1.       Payment in the amount of US$ 1,225 (Filing fee + Biometrics fee)

2.       Form G-1145

3.       Duly accomplished I-485 form

4.       Copy of I-797, Notice of Approval for the I-129F petition

5.       Certified copy of marriage certificate

6.       Copy of birth certificate

7.       Copy of biographic page of passport

8.       Copy of K1 visa page

9.       Copy of Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record

10.   (2) 2”X 2” size colored photos with name and A# at the back

11.   Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, Form DS-3025

12.   Duly accomplished form I-864, Affidavit of support from my husband along with the following documents:

a.       Employment letter

b.      Recent three (3) months paystubs

c.       Copies of Form 1040 for the past three (3) years

d.      Copies of W2’s for years the past three (3) years

e.      Copies of IRS tax transcripts for the past three (3) years

f.        Biographic page of passport of petitioner

g.       Copy of birth certificate of the petitioner

 

I-765 Form and Supporting Documents

Application for Employment Authorization

 

1.       Form G-1145

2.       Duly accomplished I-765 form

3.       Copy of biographic page of passport

4.       Copy of K1 visa page and form I-94 (front and back)

5.       Certified copy of marriage certificate

6.       (2) 2”X 2” size colored photos with name and A# at the back

 

I-131 Form and Supporting Documents

Application for Travel Document (Advance Parole)

 

1.       Form G-1145

2.       Duly accomplished I-131 form

3.       Copy of biographic page of passport

4.       Copy of K1 visa page and form I-94 (front and back)

5.       Certified copy of marriage certificate

6.       (2) 2”X 2” size colored photos with name and A# at the back


May 22, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 24, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

Nov 13,  2017 - NOA2 Approval Date

Feb 27, 2018  - Interview and APPROVAL

Mar 10, 2018 - Point of Entry

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 - Filed for AOS, EAD and AP

Apr 30, 2018 - NOA1 official date

May 01, 2018 - NOA1 Received via Email and Text

May 23, 2018 - Biometrics 

Sep 12, 2018 - Combo Card EAD/AP received

Nov 06, 2018 - Interview for green card

??? ??, 2018 - Received GC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, thirteenthday12 said:

There's some posts about table of contents for AOS on the April AOS thread. Mine looked like this:

 

I-485 Form and Supporting Documents

Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status

 

1.       Payment in the amount of US$ 1,225 (Filing fee + Biometrics fee)

2.       Form G-1145

3.       Duly accomplished I-485 form

4.       Copy of I-797, Notice of Approval for the I-129F petition

5.       Certified copy of marriage certificate

6.       Copy of birth certificate

7.       Copy of biographic page of passport

8.       Copy of K1 visa page

9.       Copy of Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record

10.   (2) 2”X 2” size colored photos with name and A# at the back

11.   Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, Form DS-3025

12.   Duly accomplished form I-864, Affidavit of support from my husband along with the following documents:

a.       Employment letter

b.      Recent three (3) months paystubs

c.       Copies of Form 1040 for the past three (3) years

d.      Copies of W2’s for years the past three (3) years

e.      Copies of IRS tax transcripts for the past three (3) years

f.        Biographic page of passport of petitioner

g.       Copy of birth certificate of the petitioner

 

I-765 Form and Supporting Documents

Application for Employment Authorization

 

1.       Form G-1145

2.       Duly accomplished I-765 form

3.       Copy of biographic page of passport

4.       Copy of K1 visa page and form I-94 (front and back)

5.       Certified copy of marriage certificate

6.       (2) 2”X 2” size colored photos with name and A# at the back

 

I-131 Form and Supporting Documents

Application for Travel Document (Advance Parole)

 

1.       Form G-1145

2.       Duly accomplished I-131 form

3.       Copy of biographic page of passport

4.       Copy of K1 visa page and form I-94 (front and back)

5.       Certified copy of marriage certificate

6.       (2) 2”X 2” size colored photos with name and A# at the back

Hi all! So yours is just perfect. Maybe just a little too much on the item « f » that’s not necessary when you have the item « g » or the other way! Good luck!! 


K1 Visa Journey: (see attachment)

 

Adjustment Of Status Journey

03/27/17 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

04/01/17 : Package delivered by USPS

04/11/17 : Text messages and emails saying Uscis received the package the 04/03/17

04/14/17 : Received AOS and EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail, not the AP

04/21/17 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

05/02/17 : Biometrics

07/19/17 : EAD approval, status changed to new card is being produced

07/24/17 : EAD and AP approval notices in mail 

07/24/17 : Status changed to card was mailed to me 

07/27/17 : Combo card in hand 💃🏾🎈🎊

12/01/17 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

12/01/17 : Card received in mail. Yay!

03/21/18 : K2 Houston POE

04/27/18 : K2 AOS package mailed

04/30/18 : Package delivered by USPS 

05/17/18 : Notif of acceptance, text and emails

05/21/18 : NOA1 hardcopies in mail

05/30/18 : Biometrics letters in mail

06/07/18 : Biometrics completed

08/23/18 : RFE notification in app

08/28/18 : RFE received in mail

09/05/18 : Response to RFE mailed with

UPS

09/11/2018 : Response to RFE received 

10/01/18 : Case ready for interview (K2) notif in app

10/05/18 : Interview letter in mail, scheduled for November 07th

11/07/18 : ??

12/31/18 : Green Cards in mail!! Yay! 

 

 

 

 

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 2:14 PM, BVGApeach said:

Hi all - I originally thought I'd send mine off sooner and be an April filer, but we've been so busy that I haven't finished the packet for DH yet. We're hoping to send it on Monday. I just have to finish the Affidavit of Support and I think we'll be good to go. I have some questions if any of you want to help me :) 

 

How did you guys organize your packets? Do I need to include any evidence of relationship in this packet or is that for the interview?

 

Would anyone mind critiquing my table of contents for my package? How many G-1145s do I need? I attach one to each front of 485, 765, and 131, right?

 

Table of Contents

Check or money order

Form G-1145, Request for e-Notification

Form I-485

Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport - biographical page as well as entry stamps

Copy of NOA2 Approval for I-129F

Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses valid paper I-94 (front and back of form) <---this I just printed from the website, is it sufficient? He didn't get anything else at the the airport

A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation

A copy of your marriage certificate

Two passport-type photos of spouse

I-864, Affidavit of Support 

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

I-131, Application for Travel Document

 

 

You need to add supporting documents for the I-765 and I-131. Look at @thirteenthday12 docs and do the same. 


K1 Visa Journey: (see attachment)

 

Adjustment Of Status Journey

03/27/17 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

04/01/17 : Package delivered by USPS

04/11/17 : Text messages and emails saying Uscis received the package the 04/03/17

04/14/17 : Received AOS and EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail, not the AP

04/21/17 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

05/02/17 : Biometrics

07/19/17 : EAD approval, status changed to new card is being produced

07/24/17 : EAD and AP approval notices in mail 

07/24/17 : Status changed to card was mailed to me 

07/27/17 : Combo card in hand 💃🏾🎈🎊

12/01/17 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

12/01/17 : Card received in mail. Yay!

03/21/18 : K2 Houston POE

04/27/18 : K2 AOS package mailed

04/30/18 : Package delivered by USPS 

05/17/18 : Notif of acceptance, text and emails

05/21/18 : NOA1 hardcopies in mail

05/30/18 : Biometrics letters in mail

06/07/18 : Biometrics completed

08/23/18 : RFE notification in app

08/28/18 : RFE received in mail

09/05/18 : Response to RFE mailed with

UPS

09/11/2018 : Response to RFE received 

10/01/18 : Case ready for interview (K2) notif in app

10/05/18 : Interview letter in mail, scheduled for November 07th

11/07/18 : ??

12/31/18 : Green Cards in mail!! Yay! 

 

 

 

 

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, thirteenthday12 said:

There's some posts about table of contents for AOS on the April AOS thread. Mine looked like this:

 

Great! Thank you!!! I am stealing this :)

 

 


Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW:whistle:

   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, i'm new to the AOS forum. Hoping to submit by the end of this week but having some concerns... Form Form I -131 Part 2 . That response should be 1a correct? Im a little confused because we are submitting everything together so technically that is not true... Can anyone clarify this


Package mailed USPS         : May 17, 2018 AOS ,EAD & AP

Package Delivered                : May 19, 2018

NOA 1 Email received           : May 28, 2018

NOA 1 Mail received             : June 01, 2018 ( NOA 1 date marked May 24, 2018)

Biometrics Letter Received : June 08, 2018

Biometrics date                     : June 19, 2018 

NEXT ?????????????????????????????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! 

 

My lawyer submited my package at the end of last week. I havent heard anything yet from USCIS but is so soon. 

 

I filed i485 i765 along with medical and affidavit of Support. My i130 has been approved prior submitting i485. I had to wait for my husband to become a US Citizen. 

 

By the way any one filing from Boston that can shared their timeline?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GOKSMANN said:

Am Goksmann I filed my papers for AOS based on marriage to USC April 25th and got my NOA1 on May 7 MY PD is May 3..wish every one good luck in the waiting game

Good luck to you too @GOKSMANN!


K1 Visa Journey: (see attachment)

 

Adjustment Of Status Journey

03/27/17 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

04/01/17 : Package delivered by USPS

04/11/17 : Text messages and emails saying Uscis received the package the 04/03/17

04/14/17 : Received AOS and EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail, not the AP

04/21/17 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

05/02/17 : Biometrics

07/19/17 : EAD approval, status changed to new card is being produced

07/24/17 : EAD and AP approval notices in mail 

07/24/17 : Status changed to card was mailed to me 

07/27/17 : Combo card in hand 💃🏾🎈🎊

12/01/17 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

12/01/17 : Card received in mail. Yay!

03/21/18 : K2 Houston POE

04/27/18 : K2 AOS package mailed

04/30/18 : Package delivered by USPS 

05/17/18 : Notif of acceptance, text and emails

05/21/18 : NOA1 hardcopies in mail

05/30/18 : Biometrics letters in mail

06/07/18 : Biometrics completed

08/23/18 : RFE notification in app

08/28/18 : RFE received in mail

09/05/18 : Response to RFE mailed with

UPS

09/11/2018 : Response to RFE received 

10/01/18 : Case ready for interview (K2) notif in app

10/05/18 : Interview letter in mail, scheduled for November 07th

11/07/18 : ??

12/31/18 : Green Cards in mail!! Yay! 

 

 

 

 

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×