1,450 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello guys, when green card is issued, do I need to go to SSA right away to update my info and if there a time frame I need to do so as Me and my husband plan our honeymoon trip.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
17 hours ago, Yuliia said:

Hello guys, when green card is issued, do I need to go to SSA right away to update my info and if there a time frame I need to do so as Me and my husband plan our honeymoon trip.

There is no timeframe for changing your Social Security Card. Just do it when you have time in the near future :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello guys. I want to share my experience with the interview we had in NJ. 

We came 30 minutes earlier to our appointment. There were a lot of people but not crowded. 30 minutes after our appointment time, we were called in. At first, I felt intimidated, but towards the end of the interview, it seemed more relaxed. The officer didnt say or do anything to make me feel that way, it could have been my nerves. My husband says everything was smooth and the officer was nice. The officer asked us to show originals of the following documents. 

1. Dissolution of marriages for both of us.

2. My birth certificate.

3. My passport and my husbands ID.

4. Our marriage certificate.

5. My husbands naturalization document and asked us for a copy. (we had all copies with us)

Then the officer asked me yes/no questions. And asked to show pictures we brought with us. The officer looked at every single pictures and stated that it was good that we had them all signed in the back. At first the officer asked if she can keep all the pictures and we said yes. Looking at the photos, the officer mentioned that she sees my husbands child in a lot of the pictures with me. She asked if we were close. We told her that the child spends half of the time living with us. At the end of the interview, the officer stated she would only take half of the pictures for the file, checked our new adderess, and explained how we can file for permanent resident card and citizenship. The officer stated our case looked good, we're a good couple, and the green card should arrive within 30 days. 

The interview took 30-35min. 

PS.

I recieved my card within 8 days.

Edited by Yuliia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi guys,

Just had our interview today! It went really well, the officer wanted very little additional evidence. He asked my husband how I got the job I am currently working at. We connected about our neighborhood in Chicago (he's very familiar with it). He asked us for our local favorite spots. I brought in like 100 neatly organized photos - he asked where we had traveled together and I responded by reviewing all the pictures (he did not take them). He cracked up at my brother-in-law's wedding toast that we submitted with our application. So, all-in-all, it went great. 

He told us that he will approve us today and that we can expect the green card in 3-4 weeks. We were happy and relieved. 

So then, we come home, and our case updated online to "Interview was completed and case must be reviewed." That isn't the same as approved, I don't think.  Did anyone have this experience after the officer said the decision on the spot was that they were approved? What were the next steps?

Thank you!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/6/2019 at 2:44 PM, Tomalley said:

When is your interview? Will your medical test over 1 year by then? 

Let me know if they ask you to redo it, thanks!

I had my interview on February 19th and my medical was over a year by then.

The Lady who did the interview asked for a new medical. Our attorney told her that there is no need for a new medical because we filed my AOS long before my medical expired and that the medical only has to be valid when you file AOS. The Lady said she had to double check the law and wasn't able to approve us right away. 3 days later we got the approval letter and a week later I got my Green Card. Don't worry.🍀

Sorry, little bit in a rush....

15 minutes ago, MaSi said:

I had my interview on February 19th and my medical was over a year by then.

The Lady who did the interview asked for a new medical. Our attorney told her that there is no need for a new medical because we filed my AOS long before my medical expired and that the medical only has to be valid when you file AOS. The Lady said she had to double check the law and wasn't able to approve us right away. 3 days later we got the approval letter and a week later I got my Green Card. Don't worry.🍀

Sorry, little bit in a rush....

That is wonderful ! Glad that you got your green card! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hilarious update. We still don't have the SSN card so effectively still waiting to get things started. I don't understand why everything keeps breaking at every step. I am so frustrated.

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

4 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

Hilarious update. We still don't have the SSN card so effectively still waiting to get things started. I don't understand why everything keeps breaking at every step. I am so frustrated.

He can start looking for a job without it, they'll only need it once he's hired and that might be weeks out, no? I only really needed my SSN to get my driver's permit beyond that. ITIN works for taxes, bank account is doable without SSN.

h

I'm on Day 260 with no end in sight...

My EAD/AP expires in September, but I'm thinking of visiting home this summer (it's the only time I can travel home since I have school-going kids). Would it be wise to renew my EAD/AP card now? 

TIMELINE FOR AOS from B1/B2 visa

05/21/2018 – Sent I-485, I-765 and I-131 packets via Fedex (Chicago Lockbox)
05/23/2018 – Packet delivered to USCIS (0 days).
05/29/2018 – Received text/email notification NOA1 (6 days)
06/08/2018 – Received biometrics appointment letter/I-797C hardcopy in mail (16 days). Priority Date on NOA says 06/01/18.

06/18/2018 – Biometrics done (26 days)

06/21/2018 – Case status changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled for an interview" (29 days)

06/22/2018 – Courtesy letter (reminder to bring I-693 medical report to interview) received in mail (30 days). Letter dated 06/14/18

07/10/2018 – Submitted change of address
07/14/2018 – Email from USCIS confirming successful change of address

09/15/2018 – Online status changed to "Approved" for I-765
09/17/2018 - Received I-797 (NOA) hardcopy of approved I-765 in mail

09/18/2018 – Online status changed to "New card is being produced" for I-765

09/26/2018 – Received EAD/AP card in mail. No online or text updates received.

09/27/2018 – Applied for SSN at SSA (in person)
10/05/2018 – Received SS card in mail

06/25/2019 – Received email notification that case status has changed to "Interview was Scheduled" (400 days)

07/03/2019 – Received hardcopy of notice for interview (note: letter was sent to my old address, and was forwarded to my new address)

07/29/2019 – Interview held @ Sacramento office (1045hrs)
07/29/2019 – Case status changed to "Initial Review" (2100hrs)
07/30/2019 – Case status changed to "Card/Document Production" (0100 hrs)
08/01/2019 – Case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"
08/02/2019 – AOS approval notice received in mail

08/02/2019 – Case status changed to "Card was picked up by USPS"
08/05/2019 – Green Card in hand

I had my interview on 26th feb. Interview went well. It lasted for 30 minutes IO asked regular yes or no questions then he asked  if we have any supporting documents or proof of our marriage. We had pics letters from family n friends about our mariage house lease phone pacakge together so we showed him and that's it. At the end he asked if we have any questions we replied no. 

He didn't approved or denied us nor he said that he'll review our case. He didn't gave us any paper that people get when they are not approved on the spot. But I'm confused that why its taking so long to get any update.  We had our interview on 26th feb and now its almost two weeks.  Its still showing interview is scheduled on uscis portal. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Clock said:

I had my interview on 26th feb. Interview went well. It lasted for 30 minutes IO asked regular yes or no questions then he asked  if we have any supporting documents or proof of our marriage. We had pics letters from family n friends about our mariage house lease phone pacakge together so we showed him and that's it. At the end he asked if we have any questions we replied no. 

He didn't approved or denied us nor he said that he'll review our case. He didn't gave us any paper that people get when they are not approved on the spot. But I'm confused that why its taking so long to get any update.  We had our interview on 26th feb and now its almost two weeks.  Its still showing interview is scheduled on uscis portal. 

Same here, but my interview was on January 30th IO didn’t approved or denied no paper, just that they will reviewed. I heard of people that has been waiting for more than 90 or 120 days. Hopefully they don’t take that long to approve our cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.