1,901 posts in this topic

So apparently to get an invoice for Iv fee the ds261 must be reviewed by their representative which according to their spiel takes one week upon submitting.

In my case it is my one week called the center and it was explained explicitly why it is not accessible then blessedly the agent offered to review my ds261, by the way no third party agent for us it is easy for them to check then he said wait for the invoice & check my email usually takes upto 2days to be accessed so counting on it,hmmm it will be 9days or onwards... no biggie....

But just my point is upon knowing it, I tried to find and read some forum here from the past filers which people actually get their iv fee accessible soon enough after submitting ds261&pay aos because they call to ask the representative to do the review for ds261 couple days they get iv fee hmmmmm if only I have known....this message perhaps goes to future filer who has no clue like me to save you time :) .

May2 -mcn via call (completed ds261-right away)
May3- towards midnight paid aos
May4-7 status is "on process" (including weekend-no business)
May8 status changed to "paid" then call the center to ask, they offered the review part though....

Nice forum to read.......

www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/546017-how-long-for-nvc-to-process-ds-261-and-invoice-the-iv-fee-so-you-can-pay-it/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
6 hours ago, valentinasc said:

@CR1Journey2017 alright guys so i found out about the new zealand police certificate issue on the NVC website where u have the option to select the country of where u need to get documents from and they explain u exactly what they need. i actually got a criminal record from nz last month (lived there 6 months) be sent to my friend in NZ for then her mail it to me in colombia (currently residing here to be close to husband) and after receiving it i found out it is the wrong one..i have not asked my friend to mail it me i just have a scanned copy and will send that to NVC when they ask for my police certificates (got 4 to obtain -_-) but will do the Vetting Section 14 a week or two before my interview. Read from another person they send an email stating the certificate has been sent to X country’s US embassy.  if you look down below the form it says to fill out case number and address of country’s us embassy ! 

What i think i’ll do is since my i-130 has just been approved and my lawyer asked to gather all police certificates now when they have to be sent to NVC i’ll send a copy of the standard one, then figure out how long it takes for the official one to get to the us embassy ...ugh sorry if i was confusing, i’m drowning from all the certificates i need to get and pay certified translations..

do u guys have a case number already?

Thats really useful information! Thank you! 

We don't have case number yet :( case was recieved in NVC on 29th of March so kind of hoping the best but I know it can easily take another month of waiting.

1 hour ago, Elrona said:

Thats really useful information! Thank you! 

We don't have case number yet :( case was recieved in NVC on 29th of March so kind of hoping the best but I know it can easily take another month of waiting.

You can just call nvc around 9a.m (EST) tell them your uscis receipt number, petitioner name, beneficiary name date of birth and they will give you case number and invoice number. i did the same :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Does anyone know how to obtain a PCC from Bolivia when they aren't a current resident there? DOS says you have to obtain in person with a valid ID. This is obviously not possible if you're not a current resident. 

PS

I called NVC but got the usual scripted response which is basically the same thing they state on DOS web site.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Bolivia.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, lousiaC said:

You can just call nvc around 9a.m (EST) tell them your uscis receipt number, petitioner name, beneficiary name date of birth and they will give you case number and invoice number. i did the same :)

Ya, we've been calling couple of times every week. No luck yet

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So guys yesterday i emaiL Islamabad embassy to told me about sceduling interview and what documents to bring on interview.

As our case was expedited at NVC and NVC procedure was skipped so NVC have not schedule interview for us.

The embassy reply me to give some additional details to them like passport number etc.

I reply them and give them that details but still i havent receive a reply from them.

Hopefully they reply soon!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So guys yesterday i emaiL Islamabad embassy to told me about sceduling interview and what documents to bring on interview.
As our case was expedited at NVC and NVC procedure was skipped so NVC have not schedule interview for us.
The embassy reply me to give some additional details to them like passport number etc.
I reply them and give them that details and today i again email them.
So now i receive reply from them

*Dear Applicant:

We are pleased to inform you that our office has received the subject case from the National Visa Center to initiate the visa processing of this case.  

Please follow the link below in order to get the complete information on “How to set an online appointment and what documents will be required at the time of interview?”

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-iv-kvisa.asp

As soon as you have filled and submitted your online form DS-260, please let our office know.  This will help us prepare your case before your coming to our office for a formal interview.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Visa Section,

U.S.Embassy, Islamabad.*

Yaaaa!!!
So finally we can schedule interview!!!

@MahiAS

@ABK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm finally able to log into the NVC site with my Case and Invoice number. It looks like, since I have an attorney, it automatically selected my agent. It also appears that it's in the agent review phase as the "pay now" option for the first fee is not yet available. I am I correct in assuming that it automatically selected my agent and waiting for the first fee to become available?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Super frustrated, a week now since I've been being asked names/DOBs. Sick and tired of being read the riot act and starting to get a little edgy on the phone. I'll ask for another escalation tomorrow if I still don't get the case number. It's been 9 weeks.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, ABK said:

You mean they send the welcome letter by mail? My email doesn't say NVC Welcome Letter. It just says 'Notice of visa case creation'.

How soon did you received your welcome letter on ur email?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Hk1610 said:

Hello dear all,

We submitted our documents to NVC on 18 April. And the Ceac website shows ‘At NVC’. When should i expect to hear from NVC? When should i start calling them? 

We are a non-pivot case. 

Congrats! That means your case has been completed! You should receive an email once they start scheduling interview for you. You can call them anytime to ask about the same. :) 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
51 minutes ago, skyzee said:

Super frustrated, a week now since I've been being asked names/DOBs. Sick and tired of being read the riot act and starting to get a little edgy on the phone. I'll ask for another escalation tomorrow if I still don't get the case number. It's been 9 weeks.

skyzee, they asked for approximately 10 days for our names and DOB before we got the case number. We got it on the day we hit the 10 week mark.

You'll soon get it but yes, it is an extremely long process at the NVC for pivot cases. I felt really deflated the day we got the case number and I didnt even wanted to call.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, R&OC said:

skyzee, they asked for approximately 10 days for our names and DOB before we got the case number. We got it on the day we hit the 10 week mark.

You'll soon get it but yes, it is an extremely long process at the NVC for pivot cases. I felt really deflated the day we got the case number and I didnt even wanted to call.

Thanks for the info. What I have an issue with is if they tell you 8 weeks, it shouldn't be more than that, otherwise, just say it upfront that it'll be 10 weeks. And they have the nerve to say it'll be another 6 weeks for a supervisor to review? I might be powerless to do anything, but I'm certainly not going to let it slide sitting down.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.