1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just wanted to make a point here. There are a lot of confusions in which form of Affidavit of support to use for joint sponsor. It is stated everywhere that if the joint sponsor is from the same household as the main petitioner, then the joint sponsor has to fill in an i864a. But people are worried to do that and fill i864 instead. Anyways, my wife's brother was the joint sponsor and he filled i864A and we got CC. :) So, I think there's nothing much to burn our heads as far as these two forms are concerned provided they are both from the same household. Hope it helps! :) 

Just now, sunil1 said:

All the documents arrived at NVC today. How do I know when is my scan date ?

Call them. If they say we received your form and it is under review from 'xyz' date, then that's your scan date :) 

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, hl and bl said:

Hey guys. I am confuse. So I got same email about cover document sheet but I been seeing people talk about two package?  One for IV and second is for AOS. What is the difference? Also my wife (beneficiary) is not comfortable filling DS-260 so can I fill it for her and have her print out the confirmation page? Thanks in advance. 

Yes you can 

10 hours ago, Abies said:

Petitioner's home address is the U.S.  Mailing address is when they specify so if both addresses are different,indicate specifically

Thanks for the response but i am still a bit confused.

at time of filing petition my spouse had different address(mailing and physical).

now at ds260 : in spouse details section i have added same address where we intent to live.

in petitioner section : there is no detail that its mailing or physical address/home address so should i write mailing address or physical address? at which address nvc sends snail mails?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, lousiaC said:

Thanks for the response but i am still a bit confused.

at time of filing petition my spouse had different address(mailing and physical).

now at ds260 : in spouse details section i have added same address where we intent to live.

in petitioner section : there is no detail that its mailing or physical address/home address so should i write mailing address or physical address? at which address nvc sends snail mails?

I think in the U.S. mailing address is same as the physical address

On 5/4/2018 at 7:36 PM, heythereluna said:

Oh! We have the same receipt date. Did you find out by calling them or did you receive a welcome letter?

I didn't call, just received an email at 12am Friday morning from the NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Just a question about police certification. I have always thought I will need one from Germany but now after reading about the certifications again, I've started to doubt it. It says: Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.

I'm citizen of Estonia and I did live in Germany but three-four weeks short of one year. I already got my certification once but as the whole process has been delayed, I will need new one. I don't really look forward to the whole hassle again (schedule appointment in embassy, get the signature certified, mail the application, wait until they send it back).

I will get one from New Zealand as I stayed there exactly for one year + lived/worked another four months half a year later but I'm doubting about Germany.

TL:DR: I lived in another country 11 months and 1 week. Do I still need police certification?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.