1,901 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, TGP said:

I called the NVC on Feb 28, to ask if there was any progress with our case. The polite agent told me that they had received our application

on Feb. 27, and within TWO WEEKS, we would get a case number.

Our immigration Lawyer called the NVC on Friday May 04 to ask why we had not received a case number to date.

Today, after 9 weeks and 6 days, I awoke to an email stating that we had been given a case number.

Congratulations!

We finally received a number today as well (one day shy of ten weeks after the NVC receipt date) and were able to log in and pay both fees immediately. Now waiting for them to process so we can get started on the forms.

Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yaay! Alhamdulilah, I received my case number and invoice number today! NVC receive date: Feb 28. It took 9 weeks and 6 days. Best wishes to everyone! Hang in tight! 😊😊

Edited by ABK

Timeline
7 minutes ago, heythereluna said:

Congratulations!

We finally received a number today as well (one day shy of ten weeks after the NVC receipt date) and were able to log in and pay both fees immediately. Now waiting for them to process so we can get started on the forms.

Congratulations! I just received it too! 

Just created an account to share some of my stats.

Petition - I-130

NoA1: June 20, 2017

NoA2: February 5, 2018

NVC Received: March 9th, 2018

NO CASE NUMBERS YET! (Currently at 8 weeks 3 days)

But as I see the most recent few have been at just over 9 weeks, I'm mustering all my patience and crossing all my limbs. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ReneeWads said:

Just created an account to share some of my stats.

Petition - I-130

NoA1: June 20, 2017

NoA2: February 5, 2018

NVC Received: March 9th, 2018

NO CASE NUMBERS YET! (Currently at 8 weeks 3 days)

But as I see the most recent few have been at just over 9 weeks, I'm mustering all my patience and crossing all my limbs. 

Hang in tight! It's coming soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys. I am confuse. So I got same email about cover document sheet but I been seeing people talk about two package?  One for IV and second is for AOS. What is the difference? Also my wife (beneficiary) is not comfortable filling DS-260 so can I fill it for her and have her print out the confirmation page? Thanks in advance. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, hl and bl said:

Hey guys. I am confuse. So I got same email about cover document sheet but I been seeing people talk about two package?  One for IV and second is for AOS. What is the difference? Also my wife (beneficiary) is not comfortable filling DS-260 so can I fill it for her and have her print out the confirmation page? Thanks in advance. 

Hi. So everything goes in 1 package to be mailed. Use the cover sheet as the first page (obviously) and then add all the necessary papers as it says on the cover sheet, in order. What I did was separate each section with a paperclip and then a big clip to the entire package. Do not staple anything! As far as the ds-260, me and my hubby just filled it out together. We video chatted and did it. After you finish it, it asks if you want to email the confirmation page so i suggest putting her email and yours. Then just have her print it. She needs this confirmation page for the interview. 

Hope that helps!

5 hours ago, NatalieB said:

Case was sent to NVC on 5/4, am waiting patiently for NVC to actually receive our case so I can request an expedite. How long does NVC usually take to receive your file after status online actually gets sent?

they say upto 8weeks, it varies.

yes,

you can send by using your uscis number or ;

yes, you can send by using case number.

Edited by Seniorachen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, heythereluna said:

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Hope the rest of it is quicker for you :| 10 weeks sheesh.

Scan date: Apr 25th

Case closed: May 3rd

Now just waiting in the queue for a interview date. I have to call two times to believe my case closed that quick.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.