heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, pearla said:

I’ve had the “inactivity alert” option set to “yes” ever since the start of my application. The feature never worked and I never received any updates until yesterday (Tuesday) when I received my first ever “inactivity update” similar to what @Cougarfalcon83 is experiencing 

I’m a CSC May 22 filer NOA June 12 

I don’t know honestly. Also why was my case not transferred. Everyone before or after me got transferred. 

My guess is my case slipped through the cracks or it is transferred but there is a system glitch 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

how are you guys getting emails about the case updates???

K-1 Timeline

09/15/14 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/14 - NOA1 Text Message
05/04/15 - NOA2 Text message - Approved
09/15/15 - Interview Montreal [221(g) given for missing ORIGINAL Birth Certificate]
09/15/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Sept 15th
11/13/15 - Sent missing document via Loomis to Montreal
11/16/15 - Loomis Tracking shows delivered
11/19/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Nov 19th
11/21/15 - Ceac Status shows READY for Nov 21st [Case Creation Date updated to Nov 21st]
11/25/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Nov 25th
11/30/15 - VISA Issued !!!!!
12/07/15 - VISA in hand

AOS Timeline

03/26/16 - Mailed AOS Package
04/03/16 - USCIS Received
05/04/16 - Biometrics Done
05/07/16 - RFE Received (I-864 Joint Sponsor Documentation)
06/28/16 - EAD/AP Approved

07/11/16 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!! / No Interview :dance:
07/13/16 - 2 Year Conditional Green Card arrived in mail

10 hours ago, pearla said:

Hi guys, just curious... for those of you that got a letter for a biometrics appointment what was the number stated under “Code” ?

122E547F-BB52-46C1-9CEB-8F905A2069B6.jpeg

@LinJoe @Hpp

mine was 3

7 hours ago, LinJoe said:

oh! could observation. i didn't pay attention to that on my husband's letter. I'll have to check when i get home. I did a google search and not sure if this is accurate but same info on several different immigration forums. The below is from https://forums.immigration.com/threads/what-is-code-2-and-code-3-biometric.306906/ .

Code 1 is for fingerprinting of all 10 fingers. This is electronically sent to FBI the same day, they run it to match thru their database to match it with criminals/persons of interest and send the results the same day (or the next) to USCIS. Code 1 is very important as it is part of your security/background check and determines admissibility for GC. Code 1 expires after 15 months e.g. FBI needs to check their database again. 

Code 2 (right index finger only+photo+sign) is for the generation of cards for immigration benefits e.g. EAD, GC etc. If you filed for EAD, you definitely need code 2 or the card can not be generated. Code 2 is done everytime we apply for a benefit.

Code 3 (fingerprinting all 10 fingers+photo+sign) is a combination of both, when USCIS wants to get a security check done on you as well as generate card. 

thank you 

Hi, 

I found this forum and I would like to share mine.

I filed last year in first week of April to the Vermont center.

Case number is EAC1813~~~.

I did fingerprint in June, and my case had been showing no movement until just now.

It says my case is transferred to another office, and I will have to wait for the actual letter to see more details. 

I don't know how long It is going to take more, I am planning to go visit my family back home for this summer and I am just tired waiting for the card. 

So, they transferred because they need to see my case more in detail? I see some other people's posting saying their cases are moved because of the workload. I hope it is just that workload reason. My husband is in military and I did not expect it would take this long time since my conditional case only took me about 3 months. Well, :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
20 minutes ago, veryblueberry said:

Hi, 

I did fingerprint in June, and my case had been showing no movement until just now.

It says my case is transferred to another office, and I will have to wait for the actual letter to see more details. 

I don't know how long It is going to take more, I am planning to go visit my family back home for this summer and I am just tired waiting for the card. 

So, they transferred because they need to see my case more in detail? I see some other people's posting saying their cases are moved because of the workload. I hope it is just that workload reason. My husband is in military and I did not expect it would take this long time since my conditional case only took me about 3 months. Well, :(

No, they transfer to share workload.  Most EAC files have gone to Texas.  A big load went yesterday and today.  Nothing special about a transfer.

You should file N-400 when you are eligible and request an expedited processing as a family member of an active military member.  You have the basis for expedition of N-400; that would require that they pull your I-751 and approve it at the same time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, Hpp said:

mine was 3

went home and checked...husband's also had a 3.

N-400/Citizenship process:

Applied online: 9/06/2020

NOA1 received: 9/07/2020

Biometric: reuse letter received 1/19/2021

Interview: 5/12/2021 - APPROVED!!! 😃

Oath Ceremony: 6/04/2021

----------------------------

ROC process:

Mailed I-751 petition package: 4/6/2018

USPS delivered I-751: 4/9/2018

Check cashed: 5/24/2018

NOA received: 5/26/2018

Biometric letter received: 3/1/2019; Biometric Appt: 3/11/2019

Case Transfer letter received: 3/11/2019

Online Status changes: Card being produced- 5/24/2019; case is approved - 5/28/2019; Card is mailed - 5/29/2019; USPS picked up for delivery - 5/30/2019 (ETA 6/1/2019)

Approval letter received: 5/31/2019 showing approval date of 5/24/2019

Card received: 6/1/2019

------------------------------

Married life begins! June 25, 2015 (L)

I-130 Petition Process:

FedEx overnight I-130: July 15, 2015

NOA1 hardcopy received: July 24, 2015 (PD July 16, 2015);  NOA2 hard copy received: January 16, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: January 25, 2016

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: February 1, 2016 :dance:

Case Complete: April 27, 2016 :dance:(286 days from NOA1)

Received Interview Date: May 9, 2016 :dancing:  Received Interview/Appointment Letter via email: May 10, 2016

Embassy Process:

Medical Exam: May 24, 2016;  Fingerprinting: June 16, 2016

Interview: June 17, 2016 (337 days from NOA1) - APPROVED!!!!! :dancing: :dance: :yes: :lol: B-)

Notification of Passport/Visa ready for pick up: June 21, 2016;  Visa in hand: June 22, 2016

POE (DFW): July 4, 2016; SS Card received: July 14, 2016; Green Card received: September 8, 2016

Applied for corrected GC: October 7, 2016; Corrected GC approved: December 16, 2017;  Corrected GC Received: December 22, 2017

45 minutes ago, LinJoe said:

went home and checked...husband's also had a 3.

Haha thank you. I guess there is nothing there, I’m trying to de-cypher every little thing through out this process it’s driving me crazy not knowing what’s going on lol

20 hours ago, veryblueberry said:

Hi, 

When will be your time to file N400?
My hub also in military too. 
Wonder should I file combo for N400 or wait? and don't know if I just submit normal online for N400 or mail the package out.

05/19/2016: Interview

07/07/2016: Approved I-485 + I-130 

07/11/2016: Received 2-year Green Card

-----

04/17/2018: File I-751

04/19/2018: Delivered to California Services Center

05/29/2018: Received NOA

06/29/2018: Received 18-months extension letter

02/28/2019: Approved Fingerprint

08/16/2019: Case Transferred & New Office has Jurisdiction

-----

04/07/2019: Expecting to file N-400

04/11/2019: Filed N-400

04/12/2019: Received NOA

04/19/2019: Biometric Appointment Scheduled

05/07/2019: Completed Biometric

08/15/2019: Noticed of Interview Schedule

09/23/2019: Interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 3/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, LinJoe said:

oh! could observation. i didn't pay attention to that on my husband's letter. I'll have to check when i get home. I did a google search and not sure if this is accurate but same info on several different immigration forums. The below is from https://forums.immigration.com/threads/what-is-code-2-and-code-3-biometric.306906/ .

Code 1 is for fingerprinting of all 10 fingers. This is electronically sent to FBI the same day, they run it to match thru their database to match it with criminals/persons of interest and send the results the same day (or the next) to USCIS. Code 1 is very important as it is part of your security/background check and determines admissibility for GC. Code 1 expires after 15 months e.g. FBI needs to check their database again. 

Code 2 (right index finger only+photo+sign) is for the generation of cards for immigration benefits e.g. EAD, GC etc. If you filed for EAD, you definitely need code 2 or the card can not be generated. Code 2 is done everytime we apply for a benefit.

Code 3 (fingerprinting all 10 fingers+photo+sign) is a combination of both, when USCIS wants to get a security check done on you as well as generate card. 

Veryyy interesting thanks for posting!!! I’m code 5... online I go for researching that... 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

I filed in April and got the biometric done in Early July, haven't heard from anything, my case is still in Vermont. Should I worry? Also what is the new website to check the status?

On 3/15/2019 at 9:23 PM, ShellthePirate said:

Hi all,

I filed in April and got the biometric done in Early July, haven't heard from anything, my case is still in Vermont. Should I worry? Also what is the new website to check the status?

Vermont is now approving files from January 2018. April filers still have some weeks/months of wait. No worry.

Hi All,

April CSC filler here and did my biometric Last Monday 03/11/2019.  Tried to log in my.uscis.gov (the new account system) today but received "Failed to retrieve profile", and no updates were shown there.

I then went to uscis.gov and logged into my account there (from the old case status tracking page https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do)  and searched my case number. Updates shown as "Fingerprint Review was Completed". I was able to add my case number to my account there and turned on the email and mobile alert.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? It's good to see some updates though...

53 minutes ago, Sophia2018 said:

Hi All,

April CSC filler here and did my biometric Last Monday 03/11/2019.  Tried to log in my.uscis.gov (the new account system) today but received "Failed to retrieve profile", and no updates were shown there.

I then went to uscis.gov and logged into my account there (from the old case status tracking page https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do) and searched my case number. Updates shown as "Fingerprint Review was Completed". I was able to add my case number to my account there and turned on the email and mobile alert.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? It's good to see some updates though...

Early April '18 filer here too. For me, the new system does not show any update other than the initial file received status. The old system correctly shows "file transferred" status to NSC and I did receive the notice in mail 1 week ago. My finger print was waived long time ago.

7 minutes ago, SCCH said:

Early April '18 filer here too. For me, the new system does not show any update other than the initial file received status. The old system correctly shows "file transferred" status to NSC and I did receive the notice in mail 1 week ago. My finger print was waived long time ago.

Good to here it's not only me...

Did you fill in CSC or VSC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.