heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys,

Today I got another letter from USCIS saying that they MIGHT sent an extension letter with WRONG information, they asked me to check again and if it's wrong, send it back to them, otherwise just dis-regard it. I wonder if anyone got an extension letter from wrong info. If so, which info could have been wrong? I checked mine and nothing looked wrong besides the fact that they put my name on both petitioner's name and petition's name.

Thanks

Henry N Giddens

1 hour ago, JohnNHenry said:

Hi guys,

Today I got another letter from USCIS saying that they MIGHT sent an extension letter with WRONG information, they asked me to check again and if it's wrong, send it back to them, otherwise just dis-regard it. I wonder if anyone got an extension letter from wrong info. If so, which info could have been wrong? I checked mine and nothing looked wrong besides the fact that they put my name on both petitioner's name and petition's name.

Thanks

I just got the same letter. I thought they sent it because I recently changed my mailing address. Now I guess other poeple got it too even though they didn't change anythings.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Peter123456 said:

I just got the same letter. I thought they sent it because I recently changed my mailing address. Now I guess other poeple got it too even though they didn't change anythings.

They resent extension letters to a just about everyone that received copies instead of the original extension letter in August. The error was sending a copy instead of the original

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

So, just got email from usps informed delivery that I might be getting same kind of mail too from USCIS. This might be the reason that we all are getting these letter.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-reissues-receipt-notices-extensions-conditional-permanent-resident-status

Hi guys,

Just wondering if all of you (April 2018 filers) have received bio-metrics appointment notices by now or most of you are still waiting? This is about CSC.

I am mid June filer and trying to estimate tentative timeline for bio-metrics appointment. We are planning to travel outside US in next 3 weeks but worried that what if we receive bio-metrics appointment notice in the mail when we are gone and miss the appointment. Recently I did inquiry with USCIS regarding travelling concern, in email they said "Please know your name has been added electronically to appointment scheduler and you will receive ASC notice once date is established for you." I am not sure if this is automated reply or someone at USCIS actually looked into file and emailed us. 

I have heard that appointment can be rescheduled but that is possible after notice is received. In our case, due to travel we will not be able to check if notice has arrived and can't think of anyone who can open our mail box either. 

Please advise. 

Thanks.

Edited by Immigrant8

Timeline
10 hours ago, Immigrant8 said:

Hi guys,

Just wondering if all of you (April 2018 filers) have received bio-metrics appointment notices by now or most of you are still waiting? This is about CSC.

I am mid June filer and trying to estimate tentative timeline for bio-metrics appointment. We are planning to travel outside US in next 3 weeks but worried that what if we receive bio-metrics appointment notice in the mail when we are gone and miss the appointment. Recently I did inquiry with USCIS regarding travelling concern, in email they said "Please know your name has been added electronically to appointment scheduler and you will receive ASC notice once date is established for you." I am not sure if this is automated reply or someone at USCIS actually looked into file and emailed us. 

I have heard that appointment can be rescheduled but that is possible after notice is received. In our case, due to travel we will not be able to check if notice has arrived and can't think of anyone who can open our mail box either. 

Please advise. 

Thanks.

April 9th filer. No biometrics yet. Received 12 months and 18 months letter as of now.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Any new updates April 2018 filers for VErmont ..

Last I see is "fingerprints/Biometrics received"

Is the case transferred for you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No biometrics info yet.  Filed at CSC in April of this year.  Considering how things are going, when do you think that us April filers will get our permanent Green Cards?  Mid 2019?

Timeline
Just now, ParabolaEulogy said:

No biometrics info yet.  Filed at CSC in April of this year.  Considering how things are going, when do you think that us April filers will get our permanent Green Cards?  Mid 2019?

My hope, July 2019. 😀

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My husband finally got his 18 months extension letter. I don't think it was the original one that was supposed to be sent since the August letter that said we would get one. it's the letter that said there may have been an error in the previously sent one. whatever the case, we finally have the 18 months extension letter. 

Still waiting on the biometric letter and nothing updated on the site.

Maybe they are making some kind of progress. several months ago the processing time said 18.5 - 21.5 months. Now it says 15.5 - 21.5 months. so maybe by July of next year they will finally get to our file. finger's crossed. 

N-400/Citizenship process:

Applied online: 9/06/2020

NOA1 received: 9/07/2020

Biometric: reuse letter received 1/19/2021

Interview: 5/12/2021 - APPROVED!!! 😃

Oath Ceremony: 6/04/2021

----------------------------

ROC process:

Mailed I-751 petition package: 4/6/2018

USPS delivered I-751: 4/9/2018

Check cashed: 5/24/2018

NOA received: 5/26/2018

Biometric letter received: 3/1/2019; Biometric Appt: 3/11/2019

Case Transfer letter received: 3/11/2019

Online Status changes: Card being produced- 5/24/2019; case is approved - 5/28/2019; Card is mailed - 5/29/2019; USPS picked up for delivery - 5/30/2019 (ETA 6/1/2019)

Approval letter received: 5/31/2019 showing approval date of 5/24/2019

Card received: 6/1/2019

------------------------------

Married life begins! June 25, 2015 (L)

I-130 Petition Process:

FedEx overnight I-130: July 15, 2015

NOA1 hardcopy received: July 24, 2015 (PD July 16, 2015);  NOA2 hard copy received: January 16, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: January 25, 2016

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: February 1, 2016 :dance:

Case Complete: April 27, 2016 :dance:(286 days from NOA1)

Received Interview Date: May 9, 2016 :dancing:  Received Interview/Appointment Letter via email: May 10, 2016

Embassy Process:

Medical Exam: May 24, 2016;  Fingerprinting: June 16, 2016

Interview: June 17, 2016 (337 days from NOA1) - APPROVED!!!!! :dancing: :dance: :yes: :lol: B-)

Notification of Passport/Visa ready for pick up: June 21, 2016;  Visa in hand: June 22, 2016

POE (DFW): July 4, 2016; SS Card received: July 14, 2016; Green Card received: September 8, 2016

Applied for corrected GC: October 7, 2016; Corrected GC approved: December 16, 2017;  Corrected GC Received: December 22, 2017

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I heard today that USCIS is not requiring G-325A anymore. Does that mean for i751 filers there won’t be a fingerprint notice any more? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/23/2018 at 4:59 PM, longuscisprocess said:

My hope, July 2019. 😀

I am setting my mind for December 2019 just so I dont go crazy waiting.

April Filer - CSC - 12 & 18 MO Ext - No BIO 

On 10/23/2018 at 4:51 PM, LinJoe said:

My husband finally got his 18 months extension letter. I don't think it was the original one that was supposed to be sent since the August letter that said we would get one. it's the letter that said there may have been an error in the previously sent one. whatever the case, we finally have the 18 months extension letter. 

Still waiting on the biometric letter and nothing updated on the site.

Maybe they are making some kind of progress. several months ago the processing time said 18.5 - 21.5 months. Now it says 15.5 - 21.5 months. so maybe by July of next year they will finally get to our file. finger's crossed. 

It's because they sent A LOT of people courtesy copies of the 18 month letter. So to cover themselves, they're sending everyone the official 18 month letter, which states that there were issues and may have been sent an incorrect one in the past. 

There's been some people who have already received their green cards and are done with ROC and they received the same letter too lol

I wouldn't put this as things are going faster, this is just USCIS covering their butts because they sent A LOT of people an unofficial document that could have caused lots of trouble if those people presented it thinking it's official.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.