1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lana&Tyler said:

I absolutely love your reply, very very helpful. Thanks a lot ! I appreciate it !

LOL I thought you were being super sarcastic until I clicked on the reply to see what it actually said. this is how your post looks like: :P

256637959_ScreenShot2018-11-14at18_02_48.png.0302d3ac5f293e177cf222a610427dde.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Matiela said:

LOL I thought you were being super sarcastic until I clicked on the reply to see what it actually said. this is how your post looks like: :P

256637959_ScreenShot2018-11-14at18_02_48.png.0302d3ac5f293e177cf222a610427dde.png

Lol nope, I was sincere :D 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Its been a busy month but finally have time to sit down and write this out.

On Nov 6, had my greencard interview at San Jose office. Had to wait almost half an hour after my appt. time even though we rocked up earlier than the time. (So about 45-50 min wait). The lady was very nice. She went through the i-485 form questions and updating any changes (my new job, husband's job promotion with salary and title etc.) We provided some forms from our original packet that she said she couldn't find in the packet in front of her. She asked some questions about us, how we met, if we met each other's families, if we plan to have kids etc. She took our evidence of relationship (photos with family, lease agreement, health insurance etc) After the interview she took my fingerprint and gave us a letter about the process and that we are pending approval. Later that night around 7pm, I got a text update saying that it was approved.

According to the updated status, Green card will be in my hand today. Nov 15.

May 22, 2017 to Mar 10, 2018 - Start of K-1 Visa Process to Point of Entry to USA

Apr 13, 2018 - Marriage

Apr 23, 2018 to Nov 15, 2018 - Start of Adjustment of Status process to Green Card in hand

Aug 11, 2020 to Feb 24, 2021 - Removal of Conditions on GC start to 10yr GC in hand

-------

Aug 08, 2021 - N-400 submitted online

On 11/5/2018 at 9:00 PM, Lsthorpe1 said:

Oh no! That really sucks! I filed April 2nd and I still haven’t recieved my EAD/AP so I feel your pain.

I have been issued two emergency AP though. I got to go back to England for 14 days in March and 10 days in September.

If your in dire need like you say, maybe you could go to your local office and see if they can help you.

Update I got the 131 approved via senators office. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey ya'll,

Would an K1 files who have done their interview be able to confirm a couple of things?

The interview checklist states I need my I-693, the sealed envelope if not previously submitted. I believe I submitted this at port of entry, the sealed envelope from the doctor. Are they going to have this on file somewhere?

And also the I-864 Affidavit of support. Is this required again if I've already sent this with my AOS application? Do I need an updated one or can it be a copy of the original I sent? Or am I good and don't need to bring it at all?

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, Jeto said:

Hey ya'll,

Would an K1 files who have done their interview be able to confirm a couple of things?

The interview checklist states I need my I-693, the sealed envelope if not previously submitted. I believe I submitted this at port of entry, the sealed envelope from the doctor. Are they going to have this on file somewhere?

-Yes, they will have that or will request it from the POE or Consulate (whoever has it).

And also the I-864 Affidavit of support. Is this required again if I've already sent this with my AOS application? Do I need an updated one or can it be a copy of the original I sent? Or am I good and don't need to bring it at all?

-You should be good if you submitted it already, but take copies just in case.

Thanks!

AoS (I-485, I-131, & I-765)

4/11/2018- Packet received by USCIS

4/25/2018- Check cashed (A.M.)

4/25/2018- NoA emails/texts received (8:40PM)

4/28/2018- Hard copies of NoA's received in mail.

5/7/2018- Biometrics appointment letter received.

5/17/2018- Biometrics appointment/Biometrics done.

5/21/2018- Status updated to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" (received txt/emails)

8/27/2018- Status updated to "Interview was Scheduled" (received txt/emails)

10/4/2018- EAD/AP Approved

10/9/2018- AoS Interview (Approved pending medical)

10/12/2018- AoS approved

10/12/2018- EAD/AP Card Received

10/12/2018- AoS Approved (Card in Production)

10/19/2018- Green card arrived

RoC (I-751)

7/16/2020- Packet received by USCIS

7/23/2020- Check cashed (A.M.)

7/24/2020- NoA email/text received.

8/3/2020- Hard copy of NoA received.

12/30/2020- Case transferred.

1/21/2021- Fingerprints applied.

3/19/2021- RFE

3/31/2021- New card being produced

4/1/2021- Case was approved

4/2/2021- Card was mailed

4/7/2021- Received card

3 hours ago, britishandusa said:

Who here still hasn't gotten their AOS interview? 

I feel like we won't get our interview until next year :( 

We haven't either :( Everything went so quickly in the beginning. We were "Ready to be scheduled" just four days after biometrics back in May. Haven't heard a thing since then....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
13 hours ago, britishandusa said:

I'm a March filer in Minneapolis, wouldn't be surprised if it took me another year to interview 😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
14 hours ago, britishandusa said:

I would think many people still do not have it. Don't these take a year? https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I was thinking next year I would see some movement. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Me ! Sad ;(

19 hours ago, Tomalley said:

Me ! Sad ;(

19 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

We haven't either :( Everything went so quickly in the beginning. We were "Ready to be scheduled" just four days after biometrics back in May. Haven't heard a thing since then....

8 hours ago, George & Roth said:

I would think many people still do not have it. Don't these take a year? https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I was thinking next year I would see some movement. 

At first Orlando was taking 7.5 months when we've applied and now it's increased to 16 months. It's gonna be a long wait :( 

On 11/20/2018 at 6:13 PM, britishandusa said:

I haven't either. But I'm not expecting untill next year about spring. What I'm still really waiting it's AP.. I've got approved a month ago via senator office but still haven't got in hand.. 

Processing times in Los Angeles is now 16 months! This is crazy. It increases every 2 months. I remember it was only 12 months when I filed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.