1,707 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Your case being ready to be scheduled for interview simply means NBC (the general office for everybody) thinks ur case is fine

It now goes to ur local office. how soon you get your interview is based on how backed-up ur local office is.

So to answer ur question simply-

Local offices schedule the interview based on the date of filing

BUT someone from a faster office is more than likely to get their "ready to schedule interview" after u AND get their interview scheduled before you.

You seem to be in the LA office
I think that wait is about a year from when you filed. Good luck!

Oh okay. Got it. That’s the only thing I needed to know.

So LA office will schedule interview based on PD, regardless of when they’re ready to be scheduled for interview. I thought that having the status as “ready” would bump me up the line in LA. Oh well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Got the notification I-485 is ready to schedule an interview this morning. After the RFE 3 weeks ago it really happened quick. 

Bad news is we live in Maryland and I think the Baltimore field office has the longest wait times. 

Work permit and advanced parole are not moving forward at all. I will put an inquiry in on the 30th, as that marks the 6 month mark of them receiving my cases. 

It really is moving painfully slow. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, antipasti7 said:

Oh okay. Got it. That’s the only thing I needed to know.

So LA office will schedule interview based on PD, regardless of when they’re ready to be scheduled for interview. I thought that having the status as “ready” would bump me up the line in LA. Oh well.

Well yes and no

If someone gets an RFE and takes a long time to reply, you definitely jump the hoop over them since they're not gonna wait additional time for them when they can interview you.

But to some extent, if am not mistaken, if y'all kinda get "ready" around the same time, then they go by PD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Everybody, 

Received my EAD on October 16th !!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY !!  THANKFUL FOR THIS BLESSING.

Now to wait for Interview date, Since Sept 7th only shows " Ready to be schedule for interview"

So my question is since the momento you received notice with date for Interview to the actual Interview haw long it takes?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Lana&Tyler said:

Got the notification I-485 is ready to schedule an interview this morning. After the RFE 3 weeks ago it really happened quick. 

Bad news is we live in Maryland and I think the Baltimore field office has the longest wait times. 

Work permit and advanced parole are not moving forward at all. I will put an inquiry in on the 30th, as that marks the 6 month mark of them receiving my cases. 

It really is moving painfully slow. 

Hang in there. I clocked 191 days. Have your USC spouse call them. That seems to get them working. My wife called and we had it on speaker and you could tell the lady was taking it more seriously than anyone ever took me. Two working days later I got the "my card was mailed to you" notification. 

Edited by QED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 11:06 AM, Lsthorpe1 said:

Ours changed last night too! Congratulations!

Will you let me know when your interview date comes in the mail?!! 😁

Timeline

A Bit Anxious

Our 485 was received the first week in April.

Processing is complete and status changed to: Interview was Scheduled.

We are in AZ so I’m assuming Phoenix is our interview center.

I just checked the processing times and it says 14 to 26 months for 485.

I’m certainly not complaining but how is it possible that we are at “interview scheduled” at 6 months?

Am I correct to assume a letter with the interview date and time should be arriving shortly?

Thank you.

Timeline

Hello folks! To add to the record, we had our green card interview yesterday in Albany, NY. It lasted all of about 10 minutes and involved no questions except confirmation of the details on the application (including my husband's date of birth, which was really the only test-like question). The officer didn't read through any of our evidence or check our photographs, and approved us on the spot.

It is worth mentioning that he highlighted our case as giving him "no concerns" from the outset, so it would have been different had there been some red flags. 

We waited 183 days from submission to interview, and four months for our interview to be scheduled after the status changed to "Ready". Our EAD was also produced about a month ago. We got very lucky and I'm really sorry to those of you who are still waiting.

Good luck everybody!

Timeline
25 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

A Bit Anxious

Our 485 was received the first week in April.

Processing is complete and status changed to: Interview was Scheduled.

We are in AZ so I’m assuming Phoenix is our interview center.

I just checked the processing times and it says 14 to 26 months for 485.

I’m certainly not complaining but how is it possible that we are at “interview scheduled” at 6 months?

Am I correct to assume a letter with the interview date and time should be arriving shortly?

Thank you.

This reflects our experience in NY - you should indeed be receiving a letter soon with your interview date.

It varies considerably but, generally, green card interviews are coming along a little faster than they used to in many locations. This is because the NBC is prioritizing them over EADs (last I heard). You can disregard the timelines provided by USCIS.

On 10/18/2018 at 5:13 PM, emekus94 said:

Your case being ready to be scheduled for interview simply means NBC (the general office for everybody) thinks ur case is fine

It now goes to ur local office. how soon you get your interview is based on how backed-up ur local office is.

So to answer ur question simply-

Local offices schedule the interview based on the date of filing

BUT someone from a faster office is more than likely to get their "ready to schedule interview" after u AND get their interview scheduled before you.

You seem to be in the LA office
I think that wait is about a year from when you filed. Good luck!

I filed I-130 in April 2018 (PD: 04/18/2018, and filed AOS at the end of August, the PD for I-485 stays the same as 04/18/2018. Will my local office schedule the interview based on my PD or the filing date, which is August 28th? 

Thank you so much!!!!

Timeline
12 hours ago, George & John said:

This reflects our experience in NY - you should indeed be receiving a letter soon with your interview date.

It varies considerably but, generally, green card interviews are coming along a little faster than they used to in many locations. This is because the NBC is prioritizing them over EADs (last I heard). You can disregard the timelines provided by USCIS.

Thanks Gents!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Kat1111 said:

I filed I-130 in April 2018 (PD: 04/18/2018, and filed AOS at the end of August, the PD for I-485 stays the same as 04/18/2018. Will my local office schedule the interview based on my PD or the filing date, which is August 28th? 

Thank you so much!!!!

Ur local office will schedule ur interview when it is ready

If NBC has not told u your case is ready for an interview, it means that you could still get an RFE. an RFE will delay ur case.

So to answer ur question- it depends

Typically, local offices will schedule cases as they arrive from NBC- not taking into account when you filed because someone can file the same time but take a longer time to reply an RFE so their case gets to the local office later.

Ur case is also a little bit different with the I-130 so am not sure I can answer it correctly.
hope that helps!

Quick question about Driver License

so I went to DMV on Oct 9 to renew my DL, but DMV had to send my information to USCIS for secondary verification (I used my EAD to prove legal presence).

Until now I still don’t have my DL. How long did it take you guys before you get your Drivers license?

If anyone has filed from SLC, UT, i’ve created a separate thread for AOS filers so we can get an idea of timelines etc 🤗

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Aruba
Timeline

So as of last week, my case is outside of normal processing times. So we and our lawyer submitted an SR regarding our case. Can't believe my case status is 'Received'. I'm considering in contacting my congresswoman to help shake the tree a bit. Has anyone ever experience this before?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.