1,707 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Just now, kirikiristar said:

Is it possible to do so? Im at the 95 day mark, so Im still within "normal processing times". I dont have a job offer to prove "financial" loss (nor am I in the red)... do they normally ask for proof?

What other reason for expediting can I give?

Well see if you can get a job offer issued by a potential employer (even if you may not work for them in the future). Use that job offer and whatever bills/mortgages/debts you are paying as evidence to try and expedite your Combo card. Otherwise...You won't be able to submit a service request until you get to the 6.5 months mark (or however the processing timeline goes).

Is it just me or does it seem like the February/March filers were getting green card interviews faster than the April filers? Some of them already have their green cards, but a lot of us here are "ready to be scheduled" and have been sitting there since May. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NancyLyz said:

Well see if you can get a job offer issued by a potential employer (even if you may not work for them in the future). Use that job offer and whatever bills/mortgages/debts you are paying as evidence to try and expedite your Combo card. Otherwise...You won't be able to submit a service request until you get to the 6.5 months mark (or however the processing timeline goes).

I hope so! Its just so sad seeing all these interviews go well then have to tell the employer that you have to deal with immigration and expediting... then they dont want you anymore. So hard to get that solid job offer.

TN to GC: AOS through marriage

Paperwork received: 4/9/18

Biometrics complete: 5/7/18

Ready to be scheduled for interview: 7/16/18

EAD/AP Approved: 9/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Received: 9/10/2018

Interview Notice: ???????????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone, I got an update today saying: 

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. 

I didn't know they would update me only to tell me there are no updates!! I little frustrating at this point.

Did anyone else got this message?

Good luck for all of us in this (very stressing) journey!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
41 minutes ago, CamiBrad said:

I didn't know they would update me only to tell me there are no updates!! I little frustrating at this point.

That is part of their process. You request something, they will email you an notification saying that they are working on.....just be patient. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, T_P said:

That is part of their process. You request something, they will email you an notification saying that they are working on.....just be patient. 

I didn't make any request at all! That's why I thought this update was so weird and made no sense to me! lol

Thank you tho... being patient is the only thing we can control in this process, right? :)

1 hour ago, CamiBrad said:

Are you signed up for https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ ? I thought people who are signed up there get those updates every 3 weeks. You need to go to settings and then and edit something called ''case inactivity notifications'' if you don't want to get those.

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Timeline
Just now, Martella&T said:

Are you signed up for https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ ? I thought people who are signed up there get those updates every 3 weeks. You need to go to settings and then and edit something called ''case inactivity notifications'' if you don't want to get those.

I'm signed up for that, but this is the first time I ever got this message. Thank you so much for your help. I don't wanna receive updates saying there are no updates! lol 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 minutes ago, CamiBrad said:

I didn't make any request at all! That's why I thought this update was so weird and made no sense to me! lol

Thank you tho... being patient is the only thing we can control in this process, right? :)

Yup, that is the only thing we can do.......unfortunately USCIS has A LOT to improve and I mean in many different areas.....you are not the first to receive weird notifications without having requested anything.....

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

7 minutes ago, CamiBrad said:

I'm signed up for that, but this is the first time I ever got this message. Thank you so much for your help. I don't wanna receive updates saying there are no updates! lol 

For me those updates were helping me not to check the account every day until...I found out a couple of days ago that somebody got the update about no updates ( :rolleyes: ) and they checked and they had a major update there about their interview!!! Who wrote that program :bonk:...

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021

Timeline
1 minute ago, Martella&T said:

For me those updates were helping me not to check the account every day until...I found out a couple of days ago that somebody got the update about no updates ( :rolleyes: ) and they checked and they had a major update there about their interview!!! Who wrote that program :bonk:...

WOW so maybe I should keep these updates going! lol This process will drive us crazy!!

6 minutes ago, CamiBrad said:

WOW so maybe I should keep these updates going! lol This process will drive us crazy!!

Ha ha honestly...it's hard not to go a bit crazy with all of that. Wish things were simpler, faster and more predictable...and out of these I would settle on faster! :clock:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, CamiBrad said:

being patient is the only thing we can control in this process, right? :)

I'd say that is #1, and being able to laugh when they're being silly like right now is my close second :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Matiela said:

yep, already got the license, good for one year. they took a couple weeks to give me the learner's permit initially because they needed to snail mail DHS asking if I was a good little immigrant or not, and then they gave me the permit (thankfully I could take the knowledge test before that, or I would have forgotten everything I crammed the day before). what was really surprising was that, for once, not being a citizen made me pay LESS, not more (like $10 less) for the permit. granted, if I had to keep renewing this every year in the end it would cost way more...

Hi! I'm just curious - I'm from Pennsylvania too, and I paid $35.50 in Allentown PennDOT office. There was no discount for me as an immigrant. What was your discount for? Did they tell you about the discount in the office? Because I haven't seen any info on this on their website. Thank you!

p.s. Funny, they hadn't let me take my test before they cleared me with DHS.<_< Was the road test hard for you?

Date Filed (I-485, I-765, I-131): 2018-03-27

NOA Date: 2018-04-09

Bio. Appt.: 2018-05-02

EAD Expedite Request: 2018-07-09

Congressman Office Visit: 2018-07-12

EAD in production: 2018-07-24

EAD/AP approved: 2018-07-25

EAD/AP in hand: 2018-07-30

AOS interview date: 2019-13-03

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

UPDATE ON MY CASE! Hello fellas! well. today I had an update, they receive my REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE RESPONSE. so this is my timeline so far:

04/21/2018 - AOS Package sent thru Fedex
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018 - Text Message & Email Notification.
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment
06/22/2018 - REF notification update
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX
07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and in the website)

I also want to ask to you'all if someone have try to get their Driver Licence in texas?

I had one in 2016, it says: LIMITED TERM DRIVER LICENCE. its expire with my I-94 in the middle of 2016 (was valid for only 6 months) I still have it with me. 

I was wondering if with my notices of action (I-797 C) I have already 5 of those ones. I can go an get/renew my driver licence? I do have all the documents to prove that had done Biometrics, and also my married certificate to prove name change, and proof of residence as the lease apartment with my name on it. 

Someone have tried this in Texas During AOS process?

04/21/2018  - AOS Package sent thru Fedex 
04/24/2018 - AOS Package Delivered by Fedex
05/01/2018  - Text Message & Email  Notification. 
05/05/2018 - Mail Notification Receipt  PD:  04-27-2018 (Day 1)
05/12/2018 - Biometrics Mail Notice. (Day 14)
05/24/2018 - Biometrics Appointment.(Day 26)
06/22/2018 - REF notification update.(Day 55)
06/27/2018 - REF Mail letter (Certified Translation of Birth Certificate). (Day 60)
07/02/2018 - REF Sent thru FEDEX.
07/06/2018 - REF delivered by FEDEX.

07/10/2018 - REF was received (update text message and  website). (Day 73)

07/19/2018 - Case Update:  Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview (Text, E-mail and website). (Day 82)

08/24/2018 - Case Update:  New Card Is Being Produced (Text, E-mail and website). ---> EAD Card  (Day 118)

08/27/2018 - Notice of action received in the mail. ---> EAD Card has been approved  (Day 121)

09/01/2018 - Social Security Card (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 126)

09/07/2018 - EAD Card  (by itself)  Received in the Mail  (Day 132)

002/19/2019 - EAD Renewal Package Sent Thru Fedex

02/21/2019 - Delivered by USCIS

02/25/2019 - Text Notification Received by USCIS

03/04/2019 - Letter Recieved in the mail (receipt)

05/03/2019 - Notification: Interview has been scheduled

05/22/2019 - Letter Received in the mail 

INTERVIEW SCHEDULEDE FOR: 06/07/2019 (RFE was provided at the interview with a deadline to submit medicals when ready - my medicals took a little bit longer than expected, i was told will be ready next day but actually take 3 to 7 business days)

6/28/2019 - Approval Letter for Alien petition (Letter Received in the mail)

7/12/2019 - Notification Medicals received and under review

7/24/2019 - New Car is Being Produced

7/30/2019 - New Card was mailed to me

7/30/2019 - New Card was picked up by USPS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.