19 posts in this topic

Timeline

I am an American - Pakistan and I got married about eight months back to a Pakistani. I have filed for his immigration from here and mailed out all the required documents, i-130, i-130A etc. I got an email as well as a postal mail that my case has been approved. My case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Nebraska Service Center for processing. Does any one generally know how long it takes? Is the Nebraska Service Center faster? I heard that New York & California are relatively slow. What should I be expecting next?

Edited by Penguin_ie
personal info

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your case has not been approved.  Your case was accepted and was sent to the Nebraska Service Center for adjudication.  You are a long way away from approval.  You can look at the processing times by service center to see where they are at the moment

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Your case was sent ro Nebraska service center and now you have to wait.

Fill our your VJ timeline it might help you and others and also can give you a...prediction about when your case might be adjudicated...

Nebraska is not the fastest, but it is speeding up a bit!

As of now, you lean back a bit and wait ;)

Your case wasn't approved. It was accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center to make a decision regarding your case whether to approve it or deny it. This might take up to a year depending on where you are from and how fast NSC is going.

When we filed I-130 it took us a year and 10 months to get approved. I'm not saying this will happen to you, but I'm telling you to expect everything

Edited by abe&kari

Visa Class: IR-1.

Embassy: U.S embassy in Amman, Jordan.

Married: May 28, 2015.

Interview Date: Aug 17, 2017.

Interview Result: Approved.

VISA Received: Aug 21, 2017.

U.S Entry & Passport Stamp: Aug 25, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was produced: Oct 9, 2017.

Permanent (Green) Card was mailed to me: Oct 11, 2017.

Received My Social Security Card: Oct 29, 2017.

First Job in America: Dec 21, 2017.

Received Plastic Green Card in the mail (Permanent Resident Card): Mar 16, 2018.

N-400 Applied: May 28, 2020.

N-400 NOA: June 1, 2020.

Bio: June 19, 2021.

Interview: July 23, 2021.

Ceremony: Aug 13, 2021.

I'm finally a U.S Citizen now

Independence Day Usa GIF by CBS

Case not approved your looking at a 6 month wait. Case once approved will go to NVC and another 3 months from there. in total your looking at 10 months till you get the green card.

Ten months is on the light side IMO. The typical timeline is 12-14 months, IIRC.

That said, Pakistan is notoriously strict, and some cases go through extended AP due to background checks. But nobody knows if that will happen until after the interview.

2 minutes ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

What is NVC and what happens there? And once my spouse gets the green card we need to travel immediately? 

They take the approved I-130 and basically prepare it (along with more info you will need to submit at that time) for the embassy.

You will get a visa upon approval, not a green card. The green card arrives after entry on the immigrant visa. The visa is valid for at most 6 months, but is limited by the validity of the medical exam (usually 6 months as well).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

What is NVC and what happens there? And once my spouse gets the green card we need to travel immediately? 

Take a slow step one at a time. First wait for the I-130 to be approved or denied depends on the relationship and other circumstances, for the I-130 to be approved it takes about a year then USCIS send your case to NVC for visa processing, Before USCIS sends your case to NVC they would let you know that its approved or denid if its approved then USICS will send your case to NVC which would take additionally 1 to 2 months and after that they will send you a welcome package which will contain some documents like invoice number and case number where you will pay your fees will it and NVC will ask you to provide documents regarding your relationship which would take 2 to 3 months and after that they will schedule an interview which would take 1 to 2 more months if they have an available slot in Islamabad Embassy. the whole process take about 1 year and 7 to 9 months. if there is nothing wrong with your case then they will approve it or if they need more documents they will put your case on administrative processing which would take additinal time until you provide them the required documents. If they find any red flags in your case then they can send your case back to USCIS which would take 1 to 2 more year. So be ready and Good luck. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

You dont get green card until you are in United States. You only get an immigrant visa and the visa is only valid for 6 months so you would have to travel within 6 months and after that you land im U.S. then they will send you a green card in 2 to 3 months but as I said let the process begin and do your research how to prepare documents and everything.

Timeline

@Saadat Alam - Thank you for the detailed help. I'm much more clear on everything.

• I have paid $ 535 fee along with the i-130 Form, which other fee is to be paid & how much?
  • When do I get my affidavits ready? 
  • Is the welcome package mailed out to the residential address? I'm based in Karachi right now.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Kanwal Haqqi said:

@Saadat Alam - Thank you for the detailed help. I'm much more clear on everything.

• I have paid $ 535 fee along with the i-130 Form, which other fee is to be paid & how much?
  • When do I get my affidavits ready? 
  • Is the welcome package mailed out to the residential address? I'm based in Karachi right now.

You dont need an affidavit of support right now. You will need that when you get the welcome package. One will be mail to you and one will be mail to your petitioner which would be in the U.S. Fees will be paid when you get the welcome package which would have fees details.

Don't worry about any thing now. Just wait for a few months. You will need a mailing address which is in 'USA. USCIS will not mail any letters overseas. I had the same issue.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Good luck on waiting! I have waited one year and 5 months to get this I-130 approved. It still has not been approved even though I am a US citizen. I've tried everything from online inquiries to infoPass appointment to ask about my case. No freaking luck so far. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.