Xcalj5

Devastated! Victim of marriage Fraud before ROC w/ Iranian national

79 posts in this topic

I brought my current husband from Iran on K1 visa. My husband is 14 years younger than me and came without any money. Yes, I lost my mind. I fell in love with young charismatic man. I am educated and my whole life I saved with hard work and sacrifices. And it happened, he used me just for a green card (yeah stupid me for trusting). He admitted for lying on application regarding his previous employment. He admitted for working for Iranian government and having weapons training (not mentioned on visa app). He received his visa based on lies (I have no way of proving it). I refused to sign ROC (I751) and so he left and is filing it based on divorce waiver. He was abusive throughout the relationship, which was documented in court. Two temporary restraining orders. No criminal charges though. After he left (2.5 yrs) I found out he was in relationship with another older woman and have recording of them. I am ok he left, but I am not ok he is suing me for half. I confirmed with 3 attorneys that he is entitled to half of my savings (which is a lot collected during marriage.) He is also going for alimony and my 401k which I saved a lot. He did not pay a dime to me or towards my house or anything. I covered all his expenssed. Found him job. I basically lost $40K on him and will lose another $40k based on him defrauding me and the country. I made Infopass and was lucky to speak to officer who then told me they cannot do anything!!! He is permanent resident (conditional green card) and has every right to renew it based on divorce, because I cannot prove it was a sham. Even if he does not have anything in his name, no financials because some marriages agree to that. So not only he wasted almost 6 yrs of my life, he refused to have children (I never had it was my last chance), he will get my savings, 401K, plus my investments and I am being told there is nothing I can do to stop it and I am on the hook for I864 for 10 yrs, so this will never end. He is evil and is doing everything to hurt me financially. I really don’t understand why as I only gave him and provided everything and let him travel with me all over the world. I am glad that he is out of my life, but is there anything I can do so he does not take everything I worked so hard for. He received his visa based on lies and deception. I can clearly show that he was using me for money and green card. USCIS is not interested in what I had to say at the infopass. Is there anything else I can do?? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Xcalj5 said:

I brought my current husband from Iran on K1 visa. My husband is 14 years younger than me and came without any money. Yes, I lost my mind. I fell in love with young charismatic man. I am educated and my whole life I saved with hard work and sacrifices. And it happened, he used me just for a green card (yeah stupid me for trusting). He admitted for lying on application regarding his previous employment. He admitted for working for Iranian government and having weapons training (not mentioned on visa app). He received his visa based on lies (I have no way of proving it). I refused to sign ROC (I751) and so he left and is filing it based on divorce waiver. He was abusive throughout the relationship, which was documented in court. Two temporary restraining orders. No criminal charges though. After he left (2.5 yrs) I found out he was in relationship with another older woman and have recording of them. I am ok he left, but I am not ok he is suing me for half. I confirmed with 3 attorneys that he is entitled to half of my savings (which is a lot collected during marriage.) He is also going for alimony and my 401k which I saved a lot. He did not pay a dime to me or towards my house or anything. I covered all his expenssed. Found him job. I basically lost $40K on him and will lose another $40k based on him defrauding me and the country. I made Infopass and was lucky to speak to officer who then told me they cannot do anything!!! He is permanent resident (conditional green card) and has every right to renew it based on divorce, because I cannot prove it was a sham. Even if he does not have anything in his name, no financials because some marriages agree to that. So not only he wasted almost 6 yrs of my life, he refused to have children (I never had it was my last chance), he will get my savings, 401K, plus my investments and I am being told there is nothing I can do to stop it and I am on the hook for I864 for 10 yrs, so this will never end. He is evil and is doing everything to hurt me financially. I really don’t understand why as I only gave him and provided everything and let him travel with me all over the world. I am glad that he is out of my life, but is there anything I can do so he does not take everything I worked so hard for. He received his visa based on lies and deception. I can clearly show that he was using me for money and green card. USCIS is not interested in what I had to say at the infopass. Is there anything else I can do?? 

Praying for you! I would surely try and work on the falsifying info part. Call Brad Bernstein NYC for help 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Xcalj5 said:

Try to prove it best as possible when it comes to that time that he lied the entire time. If you can especially prove he lied on original applications for the original visa you may be able to get out of it and even have him stripped of his legal status. If you can't, legally if that law in your state says he is owed half of everything/alimony... it is what it is.... again if you can manage to prove all this there may be some hope though for you to save your assets....

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Just now, Ben&Zian said:

Try to prove it best as possible when it comes to that time that he lied the entire time. If you can especially prove he lied on original applications for the original visa you may be able to get out of it. If you can't, legally if that law in your state says he is owed half of everything/alimony... it is what it is.... again if you can manage to prove all this there may be some hope though for you to save your assets....

Problem is I cannot prove he lied on application. USA does not have any ties with Iran. I know that he traveled to Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia on diplomatic passport. Again, I have no way of getting hard proof.

10 minutes ago, Xcalj5 said:

Wow I am so sorry to hear that. I cannot believe there are people like that but apparently there are. I am praying for you. I am sure many here will provide valuable advice. God bless. 

I-751 Timeline:

I-751 filed at VSC                 : 05/08/2017

USCIS Received                  : 05/09/2017

Check Cashed                     : 05/18/2017

NOA1 Receipt Date             : 05/10/2017

NOA1 received                     : 05/20/2017

Biometrics letter Received  : 06/10/2017 - Appointment for 06/23/2017

Biometrics Walk-in               : 06/12/2017 - biometrics completed

DMV license renewed         : 06/12/2017 - 1 year extension from greencard expiration 

I-751 Approved                    : 06/06/2018

N-400 Timeline:

Paper filing received at USCIS              : 05/24/2018

N400 notice to create online account   : 05/30/2018

N400 NOA                                                  : 06/02/2018

N400 Biometrics                                       : 06/21/2018

N400 Interview                                          : 09/19/2018

The only way I could save my assets/finances is by filing alimony, but in my states is almost impossible to get it. I was told super slim chance.

Just now, wanderer84 said:

Wow I am so sorry to hear that. I cannot believe there are people like that but apparently there are. I am praying for you. I am sure many here will provide valuable advice. God bless. 

Thank you! Nobody can even imagine my devastation and hurt.

4 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Try to prove it best as possible when it comes to that time that he lied the entire time. If you can especially prove he lied on original applications for the original visa you may be able to get out of it and even have him stripped of his legal status. If you can't, legally if that law in your state says he is owed half of everything/alimony... it is what it is.... again if you can manage to prove all this there may be some hope though for you to save your assets....

What the others said, PLUS, find yourself a very good lawyer who will fight for you to keep your savings, money, retirement, and investments.  How long were you actually married?  He should only be entitled to half of what was earned at that time, not in total.  Add up your expenses, forms filed, etc, and ask that it be deducted from any alimony, etc.  He will likely also try to get you to pay for HIS lawyer.  What a jerk.  I'm sorry for this.

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

3 minutes ago, Xcalj5 said:

The only way I could save my assets/finances is by filing alimony, but in my states is almost impossible to get it. I was told super slim chance.

Thank you! Nobody can even imagine my devastation and hurt.

If the marriage was not in "good faith", I hope there are avenues to follow. 

I-751 Timeline:

DMV license renewed         : 06/12/2017 - 1 year extension from greencard expiration 

N-400 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Only problem with lawyering up - you end up losing all your money to the lawyers involved.

your best bet is to come to a settlement or you both end up losing.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Just now, wanderer84 said:

If the marriage was not in "good faith", I hope there are avenues to follow. 

On his part it was not. On mine it was. I gave him everything. I even pay for his health insurance. I put him on car insurance, etc. He admitted for using me for GC and that now he found a way of not have to stay with me and still get a green card. Unfortunately is all true.

2 minutes ago, cyclone27 said:

Only problem with lawyering up - you end up losing all your money to the lawyers involved.

Yes!!!! He lawyered up after he left me announcing he used me for green card and money and now he is gonna get more! I still did not retain attorney. They cost thousands and I have to pay just to defend what I worked so hard for.

1 minute ago, cyclone27 said:

I would also worry about long term consequence of just settling now without involving the law. There is no telling what will happen later and I would worry if OP can be misunderstood later as if they willing took part in any of his schemes.  

I know nothing about the law, but given what OP tells about him, I would take no chances with this character.

I-751 Timeline:

N-400 Timeline:

Just now, Xcalj5 said:

Yes!!!! He lawyered up after he left me announcing he used me for green card and money and now he is gonna get more! I still did not retain attorney. They cost thousands and I have to pay just to defend what I worked so hard for.

Please lawyer up, better safe than sorry, please dont be defenseless when he is already working to build a case against you. 

I-751 Timeline:

N-400 Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.