1,678 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sambagrl said:

Congratulations!  How do you turn on the service for USPS to send pictures of every letter I am going to receive every day?

Based on your timeline I've got about 4 more months to wait.  What service center was your I601A at?

You also asked about interview dates..they do vary by country.  Mine will be Peru and I have no idea how long it takes. 

You go to USPS and it’s a service they have called “Informed Delivery Daily Digest”. It was through the Nebraska center. I’m reading in other threads that it’s about 6 months for an appt 😕☹️

On 11/2/2018 at 8:27 AM, Seanjohnx said:

Congratulations on your approval! It gives me a little bit of peace of mind because i have very similar timeline:

waiver packet sent 7/7/18

received:7/11/18

biometrics done:8/21/18

just patiently waiting for the approval notice. My case is also at Potomac service center. 

Hello did you get an approval? I am from Sep 20, just wanna know how fast potomac is working....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Mine was received May 12th and I am still waiting. It is currently taking 8 months for approval, I am at 7 so hopefully will see something soon. Facebook has a group called 601- a Honduras and people post updates everyday as well as travel info it has been very helpful to me. People from April are just now seeing approvals. All cases are now at Potomac center. 

5 minutes ago, Christie&Mario said:

Mine was received May 12th and I am still waiting. It is currently taking 8 months for approval, I am at 7 so hopefully will see something soon. Facebook has a group called 601- a Honduras and people post updates everyday as well as travel info it has been very helpful to me. People from April are just now seeing approvals. All cases are now at Potomac center. 

Gracias, unos estan tomando 3 meses y otros mucho mas, no se a que se deba. yo soy de Peru. solo se puede esperar.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
27 minutes ago, mvdv said:

I submitted in June and had the biometric appt in July.

Nebraska in the past did approve in 3 months, now it is 8+ because a ton of cases were transferred to Nebraska from another center no longer processing 601-A. Their is nobody at this time being approved in under 8 months. Some people who's cases were transferred are just now getting approved from January.  I can soon make a case inquiry if they don't set the time back again like they did last month, it went back 3 weeks. 

Screenshot_20181217-131807_Samsung Internet.jpg

25 minutes ago, Christie&Mario said:

Nebraska in the past did approve in 3 months, now it is 8+ because a ton of cases were transferred to Nebraska from another center no longer processing 601-A. Their is nobody at this time being approved in under 8 months. Some people who's cases were transferred are just now getting approved from January.  I can soon make a case inquiry if they don't set the time back again like they did last month, it went back 3 weeks. 

Screenshot_20181217-131807_Samsung Internet.jpg

I guess its a waiting game. My was transfer to potomac, hopefully that one its a bit faster. but I guess I still have to wait a few months.

8 hours ago, LUIS H. said:

Gracias, unos estan tomando 3 meses y otros mucho mas, no se a que se deba. yo soy de Peru. solo se puede esperar.

I am also at Potomac and country is Peru.  My dates are submitted 8/10, biometrics 9/11 .

I've got a little longer than you to wait, but still have not seen many cases from Potomac.  Let's keep in touch, hopefuly we will get approved soon! Ingrid

14 minutes ago, sambagrl said:

I am also at Potomac and country is Peru.  My dates are submitted 8/10, biometrics 9/11 .

I've got a little longer than you to wait, but still have not seen many cases from Potomac.  Let's keep in touch, hopefuly we will get approved soon! Ingrid

Oh nice, I don't know if country has something to do with the time but we'll see. I submitted on 9/20 and biometrics 10/19 so yours should be sooner. I have seen some Potomac cases done within 3-4 months but others longer than that. Lets keep in contact with updates. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:42 PM, Scajer25 said:

"It just means that USCIS has informed NVC about your i601a and they will wait until your approval before they process your case and close it before sending it to the embassy for your appointment.  You should have received an email already informing you about this. Just call NVC to make sure they have the right email address. It’s an easy fix. You need to have your NVC case number. It is the same number you used when paying the $325 & $120. 

Here is the number if you need it:

1 (603) 334-0700

Good luck! 🍀"

Huh, I submitted our 601a packet on September 20, and biometrics appointment a month later... but have never gotten an email or letter from NVC about USCIS.   EYE ROLL, calling NVC now, been on hold for 20 minutes and counting... 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Clarebear101 said:

Huh, I submitted our 601a packet on September 20, and biometrics appointment a month later... but have never gotten an email or letter from NVC about USCIS.   EYE ROLL, calling NVC now, been on hold for 20 minutes and counting... 

Welp, just got off the phone with NVC and dun dun dun they have no correspondence from USCIS that a 601a was submitted, I am so glad I called!!  

Can't wait to call USCIS later with my husband the applicant and be on hold for another hour, then try to explain over and over again why we are calling :(.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
4 hours ago, Clarebear101 said:

Welp, just got off the phone with NVC and dun dun dun they have no correspondence from USCIS that a 601a was submitted, I am so glad I called!!  

Can't wait to call USCIS later with my husband the applicant and be on hold for another hour, then try to explain over and over again why we are calling :(.

4 hours ago, Clarebear101 said:

I filed I601A on 08/14/2018. USCIS did not notify NVC yet. I called and emailed to NVC couple of times and informed them I filed waiver. But NVC said, USCiS has to notify them only. 

My NVC case closed and they scheduled interview for me already...I have to explain to consulate why I cancel it.  It`s shame. Two government agencies don`t talk with each other. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, spoler said:

I filed I601A on 08/14/2018. USCIS did not notify NVC yet. I called and emailed to NVC couple of times and informed them I filed waiver. But NVC said, USCiS has to notify them only. 

My NVC case closed and they scheduled interview for me already...I have to explain to consulate why I cancel it.  It`s shame. Two government agencies don`t talk with each other. 

Yes, NVC informed me this morning that only USCIS can inform them of the filed 601a petition.  I called USCIS and was transferred to a “Level 2” agent who put a service request in for me.  I am to receive a “Notice of Action” in the mail in 2-3 weeks on USCIS’ DECISION as to whether or not they will fulfill my request. If approved, then they will notify the NVC of my petition (which I filed In September 2018).  Absolutely ridiculous. I have my NVC documents ready to be submitted, but certainly won’t do so until either I have notice from NVC that USCIS contacted them, or notice of a 601a approval. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.