1,678 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Clarebear101 said:

Our 601a packet was received on 9/20/18 and my hubby finally got his fingerprints done yesterday!  I was so nervous about time that we ended up at the processing center 45 minutes before his appointment... the staff was so nice, processing him immediately after we arrived... we were out the door in 5 minutes.  Wouldn't it be nice if the entire process went this smoothly??  LOL 

Hi, I applied on 9/19/18 and will be doing my fingerprints on Nov 1st. 

Good luck to all of us!!!! 🤞🏻

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 2:02 PM, OKCgonzalez said:

Hi, new to this thread, so glad I found it! It has been very helpful, as we were getting worried with our case taking so long.  We did not hire a lawyer up to this point, we filed with the help and advice from others who have gone through this process.

We applied and are waiting for my husbands i601a waiver approval.  Any advice on process going forward? We have not filed a DS-260 yet.  

Our timeline:

Waiver Mailed to USCIS: April 9

Office: Nebraska Service Center

Received date: April 24

USCIS notified NVC: May 9

Biometrics letter received: June 15

Biometrics appt: July 3

"USCIS notified NVC: May 9" What does this mean? Received email or letter in mail? Thank you. Was wondering because I didn't receive anything from NVC about 601a.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, AndyJuarez said:

"USCIS notified NVC: May 9" What does this mean? Received email or letter in mail? Thank you. Was wondering because I didn't receive anything from NVC about 601a.

It just means that USCIS has informed NVC about your i601a and they will wait until your approval before they process your case and close it before sending it to the embassy for your appointment.  You should have received an email already informing you about this. Just call NVC to make sure they have the right email address. It’s an easy fix. You need to have your NVC case number. It is the same number you used when paying the $325 & $120. 

Here is the number if you need it:

1 (603) 334-0700

Good luck! 🍀 

Im so glad I found this makes me feel like I’m not alone . 

I sent my off on 10/09/2018 

nebraska center received it on 10/15/2018

I was notified on 10/27/2018 that since I’ve gotten biometrics before due to myself having daca I won’t need biometrics seems like I’m the only one from this feed going through this so my process is now to just wait. I hope it goes by faster since I don’t need biometrics done 😬

On 5/3/2018 at 8:46 AM, fazi73 said:

Hi All, Our I-601A waiver was approved in May 2017,  interview was on April 2018 in Juarez, my wife was refused because she brought her son in 1998 (7 years old), now we need to file I-601/212, my attorney said if Juarez field office accepts it then 3-4 months if they don't then file with USCIS and that could take up to 13 months. Any advise, suggestion, useful information would be highly appreciated, Good luck to us all.

Request to expediate with a written letter and proffer of why is it emergent to expediate. Ect crime rate maybe one of you has medical condition, maybe no babysitter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all, 

Update: I sent my waiver packet on July 11th, Biometrics 8/24 and was approved 10/24 I just received my approval notice.

Also, the Potomac Service Center was where they reviewed my paperwork.

2 hours ago, Alejandra Q said:

Hi all, 

Update: I sent my waiver packet on July 11th, Biometrics 8/24 and was approved 10/24 I just received my approval notice.

Also, the Potomac Service Center was where they reviewed my paperwork.

Congratulations, you're a month ahead of me, so thrilled you got such a fast approval!  Hope mine is the same. 

This is the first Potomac approval I've seen, I'm sure there are others?  Anyone else with 601a approved at Potomac?

8 minutes ago, sambagrl said:

Congratulations, you're a month ahead of me, so thrilled you got such a fast approval!  Hope mine is the same. 

This is the first Potomac approval I've seen, I'm sure there are others?  Anyone else with 601a approved at Potomac?

I sent my waiver in June and its being processed in the Potomac Service Center as well. However, i havent received a response as of yet. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/29/2018 at 10:20 AM, AndyJuarez said:

Yes, I recieved an email from NVC notifying us that USCIS notified them they had recieved the 601A. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, sambagrl said:

Thank you!! Yes it was super fast, I hope you receive your approval soon.

Yeah i wanted to post my update because I didn't anyone else that was assigned to Potomac.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alejandra Q said:

Thank you!! Yes it was super fast, I hope you receive your approval soon.

Yeah i wanted to post my update because I didn't anyone else that was assigned to Potomac.

Omg!! I have same office and our date was July 26!! I have high hopes now😱😍  Congratulations!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Maggie88 said:

Omg!! I have same office and our date was July 26!! I have high hopes now😱😍  Congratulations!!!

Thank you!! Hope you receive the approval soon!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 10/29/2018 at 12:42 PM, Scajer25 said:

It just means that USCIS has informed NVC about your i601a and they will wait until your approval before they process your case and close it before sending it to the embassy for your appointment.  You should have received an email already informing you about this. Just call NVC to make sure they have the right email address. It’s an easy fix. You need to have your NVC case number. It is the same number you used when paying the $325 & $120. 

Here is the number if you need it: 

1 (603) 334-0700

Good luck! 🍀 

Thanks for clarifying that. This is weird. I've gotten emails from NVC before. I just didn't receive any emails about 601a filed. Wondering if something went off in the system somewhere that either NVC failed to send me email or NVC failed to receive notification from USCIS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/31/2018 at 3:48 PM, Alejandra Q said:

Thank you!! Hope you receive the approval soon!!

Ladies, I am helping my husband with his process and he just had his biometrics appt on Oct 29th. Also being processed in in the YSC location (Potomac) I am hoping everything goes as quick as both of yours!!! I want to know when you guys get the letter showing your appt for overseas! 

I-601A received Oct 1, 2018. 
Notice Date Oct 4, 2018.

Biometrics Notice Date Oct 12, 2018.

Biometrics Appt: Oct 29, 2018.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.