1,678 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, spoler said:

So looks like USCIS do not notify NVC from filed waiver anymore?!...they just notify NVC with final decision. I have similar situation like you. 5 months and USCIS still did not send email to NVC from my filed waiver..They are overloaded. USCIS page said, 3rd quarter they have 15,985 waiver and approved only 5,798. Denied 409. Pending case end of 3rd quarter 39,728... 

Hello where did you get the stats ? - "USCIS page said, 3rd quarter they have 15,985 waiver and approved only 5,798. Denied 409. Pending case end of 3rd quarter 39,728... "

Which USCIS page?

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
22 minutes ago, sambagrl said:

Hello where did you get the stats ? - "USCIS page said, 3rd quarter they have 15,985 waiver and approved only 5,798. Denied 409. Pending case end of 3rd quarter 39,728... "

Which USCIS page?

Thanks

USCIS Data page: 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports and Studies/Immigration Forms Data/All Form Types/Quarterly_All_Forms_FY18Q3.pdf

I have no idea why approved only 5,798 in 3rd quarter...looks like they are going slow from middle of 2018 year.

Edited by spoler

Hey guys. New here and wanted to see if someone could help me out. 

Sent I601a waiver request November 1, 2018 and biometrics appt December 4, 2018. Nebraska Location.

While I wait my lawyer said I could do my medical appointment in the US and also get my carta de no antecedentes penales here as well. Everyone I ask say the do all that in Mexico when going to the interview so I’m confused. Anybody have experience with that???? 

Edited by VeroJ

28 minutes ago, VeroJ said:

Hey guys. New here and wanted to see if someone could help me out. 

Sent I601a waiver request November 1, 2018 and biometrics appt December 4, 2018. Nebraska Location.

While I wait my lawyer said I could do my medical appointment in the US and also get my carta de no antecedentes penales here as well. Everyone I ask say the do all that in Mexico when going to the interview so I’m confused. Anybody have experience with that???? 

You cannot do your medical appointment here, my husband just went through this, it has to be done abroad by an approved medical facility. Sorry that your lawyer misinformed you. This website has some very useful information, good luck. Also your medical appointment is done at least 2 days before your interview at the consulate. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

Edited by HSantos05

24 minutes ago, HSantos05 said:

You cannot do your medical appointment here, my husband just went through this, it has to be done abroad by an approved medical facility. Sorry that your lawyer misinformed you. This website has some very useful information, good luck. Also your medical appointment is done at least 2 days before your interview at the consulate. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

Thanks for the info. 

Wow! So glad a lot of people have been replying to this topic! 

I would like to update everyone regarding my case. 

Waiver sent April 28, 2018

biometric appointment May 22, 2018 

I was going crazy checking online to see any changes had happened but the status never changed and on 

November 20th I checked the mail and well to my surprise the waiver approval was there!!! 

Since the person who helped me with my case did the DS260 first I had missed my appointment because I couldn’t leave without the approval. All I did was call and tell them I couldn’t attend due to no having the approval, they said it was totally fine to wait for the approval and call back. 

I called back the same day I received it and they told me they would send a letter in the mail so I could set up a new appointment. I received that letter 2 weeks later. We had to set up an online account to make the appointment, I also had to wait another 2 weeks because they had not taken off the old appointment so I couldn’t make one. Once the took it off when looking for an appointment date they only had dates until August 2019!! I was pretty bummed out, I was suggested to call them really early for a week and see if by any chance someone had cancelled or if new dates had opened before choosing the August appointment. So I called 4 days straight and they said August was the only month they had. On the 5th day I called and to my surprise they told me they had appointments in February and in March! I will now be going to my appointment in cuidad Juarez next month! I am so emotional I really thought I’d be waiting 7 months. Everyone be patient it is definitely a very very long process! I hope next month when I go everything goes smoothly I am very very nervous. 

46 minutes ago, PaulineMartinnn said:

Wow! So glad a lot of people have been replying to this topic! 

I would like to update everyone regarding my case. 

Waiver sent April 28, 2018

biometric appointment May 22, 2018 

I was going crazy checking online to see any changes had happened but the status never changed and on 

November 20th I checked the mail and well to my surprise the waiver approval was there!!! 

Since the person who helped me with my case did the DS260 first I had missed my appointment because I couldn’t leave without the approval. All I did was call and tell them I couldn’t attend due to no having the approval, they said it was totally fine to wait for the approval and call back. 

I called back the same day I received it and they told me they would send a letter in the mail so I could set up a new appointment. I received that letter 2 weeks later. We had to set up an online account to make the appointment, I also had to wait another 2 weeks because they had not taken off the old appointment so I couldn’t make one. Once the took it off when looking for an appointment date they only had dates until August 2019!! I was pretty bummed out, I was suggested to call them really early for a week and see if by any chance someone had cancelled or if new dates had opened before choosing the August appointment. So I called 4 days straight and they said August was the only month they had. On the 5th day I called and to my surprise they told me they had appointments in February and in March! I will now be going to my appointment in cuidad Juarez next month! I am so emotional I really thought I’d be waiting 7 months. Everyone be patient it is definitely a very very long process! I hope next month when I go everything goes smoothly I am very very nervous. 

Congratulations on getting approved and finding an interview date so soon, it gives people like me a little peace of mind knowing that, although slow, the process is moving forward, thank you for sharing this information! Would you keep us updated on the rest of your process? I submitted my I-601A in July waiting for the approval. 

33 minutes ago, Seanjohnx said:

Congratulations on getting approved and finding an interview date so soon, it gives people like me a little peace of mind knowing that, although slow, the process is moving forward, thank you for sharing this information! Would you keep us updated on the rest of your process? I submitted my I-601A in July waiting for the approval. 

Yes of course! I will let everyone know the process of going to cuidad Juarez and all that good stuff. I totally understand, reading a lot of these would make me feel like everything was going to be okay. Wow that’s awesome, I hope that gets approved soon! I’ve been reading that it’s been taking about seven months so almost there. 

14 minutes ago, PaulineMartinnn said:

Yes of course! I will let everyone know the process of going to cuidad Juarez and all that good stuff. I totally understand, reading a lot of these would make me feel like everything was going to be okay. Wow that’s awesome, I hope that gets approved soon! I’ve been reading that it’s been taking about seven months so almost there. 

14 minutes ago, PaulineMartinnn said:

Thank you! 

Filed: Other Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On 1/10/2019 at 1:16 PM, Lulu01 said:

For us it took about 6 weeks for nvc to teceive our 1601a approval. And then after they received all the documentation they need, it takes them about 2 months to send you a letter of "cc" (case complete) saying that your case is complete and its waiting an appointment slot available.  My letter has a date of June 21 and I'm still waiting for an appointment.  Theres another group waiting for appointments and it seems that the people with cc of may, have appointments in February.  So I'm hopeful for a March app.  Good luck yo you all!!

Do you know the name of the “group” for those waiting on appointments? 

Hi, I am wondering if anyone here is in the same situation as me or can help clarify my question. 

I have a I-140 approved and now waiting for my I-601A hopefully to be approved as well. Last time I saw my lawyer when we applied for my waiver I was informed that only myself and my son would be going overseas for the consulate interview since my husband isn’t eligible to apply for a waiver but that he would be after I return with my green card. So we would then apply for his waiver and consular process. Now I received a list of documents I need to gather for the interview but they are asking me to also pay for my husbands interview fee which I don’t understand why I would if he is not going to be interviewed now!?

I contacted my lawyer but they take days to get back to me so I thought I would post

this question here because I’m so enxious!!!! 😒

Im from from Dominican republic, im here to share my timeline after have more than 8 months reading your messagges thanks for everybody that helps! 

2018:

April 26: I601a sent 

May 11: receip letter case in Nebraska

Jun 11: the fingerprint appoiment 

Dec 31: aproval date

Jan 8: letter in my mail box 

Thanks god my first gift of 2019 was found that aproval notice in my mailbox. For everybody that is like me checking case tracker 8 times during the day, please just check your mailbox, dont lose your time. In the case tracker app: my case is still in fingerprint after more than 20 days.

Next step: send out all the documents, ds260 and affidavit to NVC to wait for my interview date in santo domingo. Ill send all my documents this jan 25.

somebody knows the timeline to the interview after we send the documents to NVC? My interview will be in Santo Domingo.

hi! new here, still waiting on news for my husbands waiver. Sent July 16th, 2018, received letter July 19th that Potomac Center was handling it. July 30th got letter saying to wait for Bio appt. August 13th received bio appt for Aug 23rd. Been waiting since then, hopefully won't take too long

Edited by natalia3101

Timeline
8 hours ago, natalia3101 said:

hi! new here, still waiting on news for my husbands waiver. Sent July 16th, 2018, received letter July 19th that Potomac Center was handling it. July 30th got letter saying to wait for Bio appt. August 13th received bio appt for Aug 23rd. Been waiting since then, hopefully won't take too long

Did you get email from NVC when USCIS informed them you filed waiver? Some people got this email , others and me are not...

Timeline
On 1/24/2019 at 5:36 AM, Maquiavelous said:

Im from from Dominican republic, im here to share my timeline after have more than 8 months reading your messagges thanks for everybody that helps! 

2018:

April 26: I601a sent 

May 11: receip letter case in Nebraska

Jun 11: the fingerprint appoiment 

Dec 31: aproval date

Jan 8: letter in my mail box 

Thanks god my first gift of 2019 was found that aproval notice in my mailbox. For everybody that is like me checking case tracker 8 times during the day, please just check your mailbox, dont lose your time. In the case tracker app: my case is still in fingerprint after more than 20 days.

Next step: send out all the documents, ds260 and affidavit to NVC to wait for my interview date in santo domingo. Ill send all my documents this jan 25.

somebody knows the timeline to the interview after we send the documents to NVC? My interview will be in Santo Domingo.

Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.