1,678 posts in this topic

Happy new year everyone! I received the approval for my husbands waiver yesterday! Best way to end the year!  So i thought id share the timeline. 

Waiver sent on 6/19

received on 6/22

biometrics appt 7/23

i601a approval 12/27

I received the letter yesterday 12/31

It was being processed in the Potomac location

32 minutes ago, mvdv said:

Happy new year everyone! I received the approval for my husbands waiver yesterday! Best way to end the year!  So i thought id share the timeline. 

Waiver sent on 6/19

received on 6/22

biometrics appt 7/23

i601a approval 12/27

Congrats and Happy New Year! 🎉

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
7 hours ago, mvdv said:

Waiver sent on 6/19

received on 6/22

biometrics appt 7/23

i601a approval 12/27

Congratulations! Happy New Year! Potomac processed quick...Nebraska is super slow now. Please, update us with interview too. 

Timeline
On 12/20/2018 at 6:58 PM, sambagrl said:

I filed 8/10, Biometric 9/11, and got email 11/7 that NVC got notice of my 601a waiver. 

So it takes ~3 months for USCIS to inform NVC about 601a waiver.

Also, December is a nogo for processing at USCIS, based on noticing last year very little is processed in December by USCIS, while waiting for I130 approval (in the end took 10 months). USCIS as well as NVC are likely on holiday so less is processed.  Maybe add 1/2 month delay for December processing.

So may take up to ~3 1/2 months for USCIS to inform NVC about 601a waiver (delay in December processing)

Note - I'm no expert.  This is just my observation of patiently waiting for my USCIS petitions to get approved.  I pretty much sign off in December, as agonizing every day about getting approved just dulls my holiday spirit.

My 601a is at Potomac, with no stats on how long it takes for 601a processing yet. 

Nebraska stats is 6.5 months to 8.5 months 

I'll probably start checking more after 7 months.  Of course it's always in the back of my mind. It sucks that something could absolutely devastate your life and your at the mercy of the USCIS officer who adjudicates your case. 

Clarebear101, hope NVC is notified soon about your case, and hope this helps! :)

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 3.54.23 PM.png

Mine filed 08/14 and USCIS did not send anything yet to NVC...But Nebraska is working on my file, not Potomac. Sucks!

On 6/4/2018 at 5:09 PM, JJ_M said:

hello!

May 15 , I-601A sent

received date,  May 21

notice date May 29

6/4 Receipt letter was in my mailbox 

My case was sent to Nebraska 

waiting  for Biometrics appointment 

an update...

I just received a request for evidence letter today...I will call my lawyer, this is why I hired a lawyer to void this kind of letters.. I will keep you posted guys!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
2 hours ago, JJ_M said:

an update...

I just received a request for evidence letter today...I will call my lawyer, this is why I hired a lawyer to void this kind of letters.. I will keep you posted guys!

I am sooo sorry but hopefully its just paperwork you can just send and get your approval!  Such a long wait for a Request of Evidence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all. Just looked up this thread. Uscis Potomac center got our 601A packet 12/07/18 got the letter 12/17/18 and the biometrics appointment 01/10/19. I was trying to see where potomac is because USCIS website only shows Nebraska, and I know Potomac is going faster . I also got an email from nvc that USCIS has notified them of the submitted waiver and they'll wait for the decision to continue the petition for visa. I hope anyone has info for me to look up . Thanks!! Happy new year !!  

Edited by Valasa00123

5 hours ago, Maggie88 said:

I am sooo sorry but hopefully its just paperwork you can just send and get your approval!  Such a long wait for a Request of Evidence.

tell me about,! 7 months of waiting.... all kind of feelings when I read  the letter.  I have to think positive,  I least I know they review my waiver.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Valasa00123 said:

Hi all. Just looked up this thread. Uscis Potomac center got our 601A packet 12/07/18 got the letter 12/17/18 and the biometrics appointment 01/10/19. I was trying to see where potomac is because USCIS website only shows Nebraska, and I know Potomac is going faster . I also got an email from nvc that USCIS has notified them of the submitted waiver and they'll wait for the decision to continue the petition for visa. I hope anyone has info for me to look up . Thanks!! Happy new year !!  

Yes, you right Potomac is faster than Nebraska. But USCIS can't separate cases so you can check only Nebraska timeline on USCIS website. 

My case is in Nebraska, and USCIS didn't notify NVC from I filed waiver yet...(I filed waiver more than 4 months ago)

Timeline
16 hours ago, spoler said:

Yes, you right Potomac is faster than Nebraska. But USCIS can't separate cases so you can check only Nebraska timeline on USCIS website. 

My case is in Nebraska, and USCIS didn't notify NVC from I filed waiver yet...(I filed waiver more than 4 months ago)

Spoler, I called USCIS and they put in a request to the USCIS dept. that notifies NVC of filed 601a petitions to do just that for my case.  USCIS said the decision on this request should come mailed to me within 4-8 weeks.  So, I just have to wait and hold my NVC documents until I know they've been notified.  My case is also with Nebraska, lock box in Chicago.  I wonder if USCIS notifies NVC much later with Nebraska cases??? I hate this because I have all of our NVC documents ready to go and am anxious to check that off my list.  We filed our 601a over 3 months ago, biometrics long done.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 1/3/2019 at 1:08 AM, JJ_M said:

tell me about,! 7 months of waiting.... all kind of feelings when I read  the letter.  I have to think positive,  I least I know they review my waiver.

What was the RFE for?

On 1/1/2019 at 6:50 AM, mvdv said:

Waiver sent on 6/19

received on 6/22

biometrics appt 7/23

i601a approval 12/27

happy new year and congratulations on getting approved, what country is your husband from? i have a similar filing date 7/11/18 just hoping for some good news soon. my case is also at potomac service center and i am from mexico.

Edited by Seanjohnx
add info

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/19/2018 at 7:15 PM, MexPhil said:

Yes. I called them and they said they need my proof of financial support and that's it. They also said 3 weeks. I will submit the I-864 that I just filled up. Question is, once it's completed, how far out is the schedule like?

Thanks a lot. 

For us it took about 6 weeks for nvc to teceive our 1601a approval. And then after they received all the documentation they need, it takes them about 2 months to send you a letter of "cc" (case complete) saying that your case is complete and its waiting an appointment slot available.  My letter has a date of June 21 and I'm still waiting for an appointment.  Theres another group waiting for appointments and it seems that the people with cc of may, have appointments in February.  So I'm hopeful for a March app.  Good luck yo you all!!

Timeline

Hey guys I thought I'd give you an update on my situation (USCIS has yet to notify NVC of our pending 601a...).  On January 8 I received a letter from UCSIC regarding my inquiry as to why they haven't yet notified NVC of our 9/18 submitted 601a.... 

The USCIS letter reads "When the application is either approved or denied we will electronically notify the National Visa Center (NVC) of our decision. Currently your application is being adjudicated."

Is this a new thing?  I thought USCIS notified NVC a month or 2 after you submit your 601a just to let them know its pending?  Kinda bummed because I have all of our NVC documents ready to be submitted but can't because I don't want NVC to give us an interview date without an approved 601a.  Does it take long for the NVC to approve your documents and give your an interview date in Juarez? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.