1,678 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
7 hours ago, PaulineMartinnn said:

Hello everyone, I’m very glad I found this page. I have been patiently waiting for my i106A approval. 

I sent my waiver April 28 2018

Biometrics appt May 22  2018

and now I’ve waiting for the approval. 

Has anyone from April been approved? 

I sent mine April 19, 2018. Patiently waiting 😔

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 hours ago, HSantos05 said:

Hi everyone I'm new here, just to make a long story short, my husband got approved for his 1-601 provisional waiver, and now he finally has his appointment next month in Juarez, my question is what types of questions do they ask? How can he prepare for his interview? Thank you.

Hi,

When did you husband get approved for his 1-601?

On 10/15/2018 at 10:07 PM, vivigege said:

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. My husband just passed his interview in China 9/11/18 and returned to US 10/2/18.  His green card is on its way.  I would like to share a detailed 601a timeline. Hope this will help.

1. 2/24/17  I-212 received (He has final order of deportatition,must file i212 before filing 601a )

2. 10/25/17  i-212 approved

3. 1/8/18  601A received 

4. 1/31/18  Fingerprints done 

5.  6/30/18  601a  approved 

7.  7/12/18 NVC documents sent 

8.  8/7/18   Email (Notification of interview date &time ) received from NVC

9. 9/11/18  Interview at US consulate in China

10.  9/30/18  Visa package received 

11. 10/2/18  Returned to US 

12. 10/15/18 USCIS website status updated: green card produced and will be mailed soon 

Thank God this long long journey is completed. I wish everyone a same smooth journey as us too!

hi good morning.  Is your husband has medical exam done in in China or United state ? And how long did he stay in China ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all,

I am petitioning for my husband (no attorney), 601a sent a few months ago, and now I'm getting our AOS docs and affidavit of support ready to send in. 

Questions - I MIGHT not meet the support level for a family of 4 by myself depending on my W2s in January... my brother wants to sponsor us, but what form would he fill out?  I know I am to fill out the I-864, but the I-864a for a co-sponsor only says it is for a "household member" of which he is not, he lives a state away. 

So I fill out form I-864, and my brother also fills out form I-864?  Or does he fill out an I-864a even though he is not technically a member of my household? 

Thank you so much, you guys have been so helpful through this process.  

Timeline

Ok, It seems that I and my co-sponsor brother each fill out an I-864.  

Anyone else in the same boat? 

Hope I'm doing this right... :) 

None of the above apply and you are using the income of other household members to meet the minimum income requirement.

The sponsor must complete Form I-864 and each household member must complete Form I-864A

See tips for completing I-864 and tips for completing I-864A
None of the above apply and:
  1. You do not meet the 
    minimum income requirement
     and are using a joint sponsor, and
  2. You are not using the income of other household members to qualify.
The sponsor and the joint sponsor must each complete Form I-864

Timeline

Thank God.

I-601A received - 1/18/18

Biometrics Feb 2018

Submitted status update requests 2x sometime in August and November 2018

Approval via USCIS website and email - 12/5/18

Waiting for the Consulate Interview and our immigration atty already filed us the DS-260 last month November I think.

Hoping for a positive outcome on all of this.  It took us 11 months for approval on our waiver which was submitted in Lee's Summit, Missouri and when we called the NVC, they said that Lees Summit does not have timeframe so it is a bummer if you update on your case status not like Nebraska, huh, but it's all worth it, now we can just move forward.

Stay positive and patient guys.

Just got approval notice.

I-601A received 4/02/18

Biometrics 5/02/18

Approval 12/04/18 but only recieved it today in mail. Website still only says fingerprint fee recieved.

I have informed delivery from USPS which sends pictures of every letter I am going to recieve every day. I have checked it for the past 8 months just waiting for the day where I would see a USCIS letter. I saw the letter this morning and was terrified all day. I was so worried we would get denied. I'm so happy that we got approved.

My wife is still in removal proceedings so we will have to terminate that case first, but it seems like it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jookjook22 said:

I-601A received 4/02/18

Biometrics 5/02/18

Approval 12/04/18 but only recieved it today in mail. Website still only says fingerprint fee recieved.

I have informed delivery from USPS which sends pictures of every letter I am going to recieve every day. I have checked it for the past 8 months just waiting for the day where I would see a USCIS letter. I saw the letter this morning and was terrified all day. I was so worried we would get denied. I'm so happy that we got approved.

My wife is still in removal proceedings so we will have to terminate that case first, but it seems like it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.

Congratulations!!!!

22 hours ago, Jookjook22 said:

I-601A received 4/02/18

Biometrics 5/02/18

Congratulations!  How do you turn on the service for USPS to send pictures of every letter I am going to receive every day?

Based on your timeline I've got about 4 more months to wait.  What service center was your I601A at?

You also asked about interview dates..they do vary by country.  Mine will be Peru and I have no idea how long it takes. 

15 minutes ago, sambagrl said:

Congratulations!  How do you turn on the service for USPS to send pictures of every letter I am going to receive every day?

Based on your timeline I've got about 4 more months to wait.  What service center was your I601A at?

You also asked about interview dates..they do vary by country.  Mine will be Peru and I have no idea how long it takes. 

You need to go on the USPS website, and search for informed delivery. It was very easy, all they ask for is some basic information. It's so convenient! Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.