1,678 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2019 at 9:36 AM, nata38 said:

Hi Zuri, did your case oficially close and did you get an email that you are in queue for appointment? The NVC timeline is so confusing 🙄.

Yes, I got an email that says NVC will be working with the consulate to schedule an interview .  Our country is small unlike Mexico so my appointment might come sooner.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, Jane88 said:

Hi, nata38! Medical was super quick, I was scheduled for 8 am and was out of the clinic at about 10:30am. I attended my medical alone, but I’ve seen quite few ppl having a friend or a family member with them. The clinic I had my medical in was huge so there was plenty of waiting areas. I don’t see why you would have an issue bringing someone to the medical with you. The interview Itself  was about 5-10 mins long, it took about an hour and a half from the moment I got in to the embassy till the time I got out. I was asked when and where I met my husband; when we first moved in together, when we got married; she asked about our child, when the baby was born; asked where my husband is from and if he is currently with me in my home country ( we are both same nationality). As she was asking me those questions she was typing constantly on her computer, so I feel like that made the interview a bit longer . She questioned me about my overstay, what visa was my last entry to the US and why I didn’t come back home whenever I had a chance earlier... 

Hi Jane88. Congratulations on your journey.  What type of visa did you have and how did you respond to the officer for your overstay?

8 hours ago, Zuri Sana said:

Hi Jane88. Congratulations on your journey.  What type of visa did you have and how did you respond to the officer for your overstay?

I had previously come on a K1 visa but never married the petitioner, even though have spent 4 years in the US with him. I just explained the situation, CO asked few more questions about him and that was it. I also said that I was too young to understand the consequences of my overstay at that time. I was 20 years old when I came here on K1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jane88 said:

I had previously come on a K1 visa but never married the petitioner, even though have spent 4 years in the US with him. I just explained the situation, CO asked few more questions about him and that was it. I also said that I was too young to understand the consequences of my overstay at that time. I was 20 years old when I came here on K1

I came here on K1 visa too, sorry to ask so many questions but what Q. did they ask about previous petitioner? Like his DOB or workplace? Thank you so much.

10 hours ago, nata38 said:

I came here on K1 visa too, sorry to ask so many questions but what Q. did they ask about previous petitioner? Like his DOB or workplace? Thank you so much.

Which embassy will you be going through? I had a feeling they would be asking about previous petitioner, and they did indeed. But every embassy is different. She asked the full name of a previous petitioner, also asked how long we stayed together and when we split, like the actual month, and who initiated the split...CO also asked why I never returned home after we broke up... Good luck at your interview, just be honest and try not to be nervous. Today, I entered the US with IR1 visa and they also asked me few questions about my past K1 at the POE, so just be ready 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Jane88 said:

Which embassy will you be going through? I had a feeling they would be asking about previous petitioner, and they did indeed. But every embassy is different. She asked the full name of a previous petitioner, also asked how long we stayed together and when we split, like the actual month, and who initiated the split...CO also asked why I never returned home after we broke up... Good luck at your interview, just be honest and try not to be nervous. Today, I entered the US with IR1 visa and they also asked me few questions about my past K1 at the POE, so just be ready 

Thank you so much for all the information and welcome back! I feel very lucky to have a chance to hear your experience and advise. I will be going through embassy in Kyiv, I know they are strict but I will be prepared.

Timeline

Hello everyone, finally I have something to share with you: 

601a received Feb. 15,  2019

RFE: Oct. 30, 2019

Response to RFE received: Nov. 25

Approved: Dec. 17, 2019

Approval notice in mail: Dec. 24

This is an important step forward but the time to celebrate starts after we are successfully admitted back to the U.S.

Edited by nata38

2 minutes ago, nata38 said:

Hello everyone, finally I have something to share with you: 

601a received Feb. 15,  2019

RFE: Oct. 30, 2019

Response to RFE received: Nov. 25

Approved: Dec. 17, 2019

Approval notice in mail: Dec. 24

This is an important step forward but the time to celebrate starts after we are successfully admitted back to the U.S.

Congrats!!! 🎉🙏🏻

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tyssa said:

Congrats!!! 🎉🙏🏻

Thank you Tyssa, I do remember I have to share some details about my RFE with you. How soon are you guys planning to file 601a for your husband? Just curious..

1 hour ago, nata38 said:

Thank you so much for all the information and welcome back! I feel very lucky to have a chance to hear your experience and advise. I will be going through embassy in Kyiv, I know they are strict but I will be prepared.

So same embassy!!! Yay! Don’t be worried, just be prepared, and don’t forget to upload the ORIGINAL POLICE CERTIFICATE to CEAC when you receive it in Ukraine. I forgot to upload it and they gave me hard time, saying they have to do my job for me...Even tho I had uploaded original police certificate that I got from the Ukrainian Embassy here in the USA. I did notice most of COs nowadays are Ukrainians in the Embassy, I have gone thru that embassy 4 times in my past and all the times COs were Americans. The POE officer was really nice tho! Good luck, and update us on your journey 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jane88 said:

So same embassy!!! Yay! Don’t be worried, just be prepared, and don’t forget to upload the ORIGINAL POLICE CERTIFICATE to CEAC when you receive it in Ukraine. I forgot to upload it and they gave me hard time, saying they have to do my job for me...Even tho I had uploaded original police certificate that I got from the Ukrainian Embassy here in the USA. I did notice most of COs nowadays are Ukrainians in the Embassy, I have gone thru that embassy 4 times in my past and all the times COs were Americans. The POE officer was really nice tho! Good luck, and update us on your journey 

Oh, wow. I hope they let me speak in English b/c I cannot express myself in Ukrainian very well. I came here in 1999 and I only communicate in English including w/my husband and all my friends. Regarding Police Certificate - I had a relative getting one for me (in Ukraine with power of attorney) dated Sep. 11, 2019. It should be good for 6 month to upload but I have to give to the lawyer a copy to upload (cannot give her original so she would lose it). She told me copy is enough even though I don't trust what she's saying. She charged $$  for waiver and NVC at the same time so I am stuck with her. DS-260 I will fill out myself.

5 hours ago, nata38 said:

Oh, wow. I hope they let me speak in English b/c I cannot express myself in Ukrainian very well. I came here in 1999 and I only communicate in English including w/my husband and all my friends. Regarding Police Certificate - I had a relative getting one for me (in Ukraine with power of attorney) dated Sep. 11, 2019. It should be good for 6 month to upload but I have to give to the lawyer a copy to upload (cannot give her original so she would lose it). She told me copy is enough even though I don't trust what she's saying. She charged $$  for waiver and NVC at the same time so I am stuck with her. DS-260 I will fill out myself.

You will have to bring ALL of the ORIGINALS to the interview, including Original copy of police certificate. Copy is only good to be uploaded to CEAC, that’s about it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.