1,678 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Jcarla70 said:

The mistake was my marital status. I’m divorced but when I was giving a print out of DS260, there was either single or married and asked my lawyer and she said to mark single, then I double check online and there was no option for divorced. So I assume it was correct. While in Peru, as I mention, embassy wanted to correct this mistake and send me an email prior to interview but I didn’t have access to my email so I didn’t know until my actual appointment  day. I was glad they gave a chance to fix right the same day. 

Oh wow, such a small thing and it caused so much trouble. Another lesson to learn for all of us who is still waiting. Thank you so much for sharing.

3 hours ago, Jcarla70 said:

Hi, I came back from Peru last Tuesday after a 40 day stay. My interview was on Nov 6, and I had a little hiccup because there was a mistake on DS260 which my embassy acknowledged me by sending an email prior to interview but I did not have access to it as my email server didn’t recognize me because I was on a different IP address. So while on my interview, before getting to consul’s window, I was told that there was a mistake and my choices were either to fix it the same day (they gave me 1 hr) for which I had to exit the embassy get my phone and contact my lawyer here on the states to fix the problem, or my other choice, to get another appointment date. I decided on first choice, and thankfully my lawyer fix the mistake within 5 mins. I enter embassy at 7:30 and exit at 11:30, I was approved!!!.

Congratulation!!! 

Hi Jcarla70, super glad that you were able to fix that problem right there. 

Could you please share about your process in Peru? (Medical exam, Police reports, questions during the interview and others if I am missing ones)

I am from Peru and I am still waiting for the decision on my I601A. 

Thank you and welcome back!

1 hour ago, V&R2015 said:

Congratulation!!! 

Hi Jcarla70, super glad that you were able to fix that problem right there. 

Could you please share about your process in Peru? (Medical exam, Police reports, questions during the interview and others if I am missing ones)

I am from Peru and I am still waiting for the decision on my I601A. 

Thank you and welcome back!

I arrived on oct 20th, and doctors appointment was day after, it was annoying not having the information about vaccination costs, which over the phone when making the appointment, they told me it was going to be about 50$ but on the spot I was charged about 200$. My interview was on Nov 6, and I picked up results from doctor a week before the interview. All the paperwork needed to close the case with nvc (police reports, birth certificate, etc) was send to nvc, but I took a file of original docs that my lawyer prepared and organize. 
I only presented the docs that they were asking me for and responded to questions with yes/no answers. Just 3 questions, what do I do for living, who is the petitioner and where Am I going to reside. That was it. 
The most annoying part was not able to accessing to my email account, I had to fill an online form and with all my accurate info they let me access to my email account 30 days later 🙄.

This whole process puts everyone to a high stress level but it all goes away when you hear, “your visa has being approved”. So relieved now!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you for the support guys but this is what it is.. today they denied my case didn't receive the paperwork yet but I will share once I have

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tyssa said:

I’m so sorry to hear this. 

Question:) should I just wait for my wife to become a citizen or re-apply for this sh.t? Loll

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tyssa said:

How long until she is a citizen? When she is you qualify for adjustment of status right and won’t need a waiver... 

June 2022.. she can apply.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bariskurt said:

Thank you for the support guys but this is what it is.. today they denied my case didn't receive the paperwork yet but I will share once I have

I am shocked and speechless, I am so sorry. I don't know what to think. For how long have you been married? Maybe if the marriage is not for a long time they are looking at it differently?😔

13 hours ago, Bariskurt said:

Oh my! I'm sorry to hear this, just know that everything happens for a reason! I remember my husband's denial and how I felt but there was a change in the law and he qualified without even applying again. At least you have an option to wait for your wife to become a citizen and you can still apply again as you wait. The denial notice will shed more light so you can correct the problem.  I have also seen people on FB who were second time fillers and were approved 

On 12/11/2019 at 2:05 PM, Jcarla70 said:

I arrived on oct 20th, and doctors appointment was day after, it was annoying not having the information about vaccination costs, which over the phone when making the appointment, they told me it was going to be about 50$ but on the spot I was charged about 200$. My interview was on Nov 6, and I picked up results from doctor a week before the interview. All the paperwork needed to close the case with nvc (police reports, birth certificate, etc) was send to nvc, but I took a file of original docs that my lawyer prepared and organize. 
I only presented the docs that they were asking me for and responded to questions with yes/no answers. Just 3 questions, what do I do for living, who is the petitioner and where Am I going to reside. That was it. 
The most annoying part was not able to accessing to my email account, I had to fill an online form and with all my accurate info they let me access to my email account 30 days later 🙄.

This whole process puts everyone to a high stress level but it all goes away when you hear, “your visa has being approved”. So relieved now!!

Congratulations! Who petitioned for you?

Edited by Zuri Sana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.