1,678 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, Zuri Sana said:

17 days

Hi Zuri, did your case oficially close and did you get an email that you are in queue for appointment? The NVC timeline is so confusing 🙄.

Timeline
On 12/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, Jane88 said:

Same

Hi Jane88, could you share how was your interview and what questions you were asked? How long did you stay inside embassy? Also, if you have a friend with you, can this person come inside medical clinic to wait for you or she has to wait outside? Thank you in advance.

26 minutes ago, nata38 said:

Hi Jane88, could you share how was your interview and what questions you were asked? How long did you stay inside embassy? Also, if you have a friend with you, can this person come inside medical clinic to wait for you or she has to wait outside? Thank you in advance.

Hi, nata38! Medical was super quick, I was scheduled for 8 am and was out of the clinic at about 10:30am. I attended my medical alone, but I’ve seen quite few ppl having a friend or a family member with them. The clinic I had my medical in was huge so there was plenty of waiting areas. I don’t see why you would have an issue bringing someone to the medical with you. The interview Itself  was about 5-10 mins long, it took about an hour and a half from the moment I got in to the embassy till the time I got out. I was asked when and where I met my husband; when we first moved in together, when we got married; she asked about our child, when the baby was born; asked where my husband is from and if he is currently with me in my home country ( we are both same nationality). As she was asking me those questions she was typing constantly on her computer, so I feel like that made the interview a bit longer . She questioned me about my overstay, what visa was my last entry to the US and why I didn’t come back home whenever I had a chance earlier... 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jane88 said:

Hi, nata38! Medical was super quick, I was scheduled for 8 am and was out of the clinic at about 10:30am. I attended my medical alone, but I’ve seen quite few ppl having a friend or a family member with them. The clinic I had my medical in was huge so there was plenty of waiting areas. I don’t see why you would have an issue bringing someone to the medical with you. The interview Itself  was about 5-10 mins long, it took about an hour and a half from the moment I got in to the embassy till the time I got out. I was asked when and where I met my husband; when we first moved in together, when we got married; she asked about our child, when the baby was born; asked where my husband is from and if he is currently with me in my home country ( we are both same nationality). As she was asking me those questions she was typing constantly on her computer, so I feel like that made the interview a bit longer . She questioned me about my overstay, what visa was my last entry to the US and why I didn’t come back home whenever I had a chance earlier... 

Thank you so much for sharing, I am guessing you passed the interview successfully , so congratulations!

Edited by nata38

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jane88 said:

Yes, thankfully I was approved!🙏🏻 Thank you so much! Do you have your interview date yet?

Not yet, still waiting for response after RFE...but I want to be prepared.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 hours ago, Jane88 said:

Yes, thankfully I was approved!🙏🏻 Thank you so much! Do you have your interview date yet?

Congrats on visa approval !!!

Whats the time frame , in your case , after 601A approval  till interview in Ukraine ? 

How does it all work after approval?

260 , NVC , appointment day in consulate , police certificate , medical 

Would really appreciate  some info 

I got approved  w 601A and only then realized that my passport expired , had to fly to San Francisco Ukranian consulate,  now waiting hopefully till the mid January to file 260 w new passport .

Thanks in advance 

Timeline
On 12/12/2019 at 4:36 PM, Bariskurt said:

Thank you for the support guys but this is what it is.. today they denied my case didn't receive the paperwork yet but I will share once I have

I am sorry to hear this brother ...

:( :( :(

9 hours ago, orestovich said:

Whats the time frame , in your case , after 601A approval  till interview in Ukraine ? 

I got approved  w 601A and only then realized that my passport expired , had to fly to San Francisco Ukranian consulate,  now waiting hopefully till the mid January to file 260 w new passport .

Thanks in advance 

Thank you! And congratulations to you as well! You are very close to the end of this journey! Regarding NVC stage, most of my documents were submitted back in February, before my I 601A even was approved. Once my Waiver was approved ( I believe it was mid May) my lawyer submitted the last doc that was missing ( if I remember it correctly it was tax transcripts and tax returns for 2018) and then it took about a month or so for NVC to send me an email with scheduled interview date. I had close to a month and a half from receiving NVC email to an actual interview date, so it gave me plenty of time to prepare and book a flight. I’m not sure where and how long you will be staying in Ukraine before the interview, but if you are tight on time, I would request police clearance certificate while you are still in the US. You may contact pretty much any licensed translation bureau or agency and they will be able to get it for you and mail it to any address in Ukraine or you can pick it up yourself. I believe I paid like $50 and once they received the certificate they mailed it to my parents house. If you are planning to get it yourself while in Ukraine, mind that it takes up to 30 days to get one. Most of agencies will claim that they can get it for you in few business days, but I would be cautious about that. I paid to receive my certificate in 4 days but it took close to 20 days for them to actually receive it. So prepare accordingly and make sure you have plenty of time to get one. Medical is easy, nothing to worry about there

10 hours ago, orestovich said:

Thanks in advance 

I also had to get a new passport at the consulate in Washington D.C., but my lawyer warned me at the beginning of the process that I would be required a new unexpired passport at NVC stage, so I was lucky to get it well in advance. But it only took about 1.5 months to receive it. So I’m sure you will get yours soon

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jane88 said:

I also had to get a new passport at the consulate in Washington D.C., but my lawyer warned me at the beginning of the process that I would be required a new unexpired passport at NVC stage, so I was lucky to get it well in advance. But it only took about 1.5 months to receive it. So I’m sure you will get yours soon

I can't  thank You enough . This is huge help for me . I will  start w police certificate right now 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.