1,678 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Dalila Gonzalez said:

Does anyone know what’s going on because of this whole coronavirus situation? Are all appointments cancelled and stopped and all that

From my understanding only in person services have been canceled and anyone that had an appointment coming up will be receiving a letter with a new date. Also saw this morning the they will be reopening on April 7. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/26/2020 at 8:12 AM, Tyssa said:

From my understanding only in person services have been canceled and anyone that had an appointment coming up will be receiving a letter with a new date. Also saw this morning the they will be reopening on April 7. 

Doubtful, with the US being on lockdown until May 3rd now. My CC is August 21st for am IR1 visa, was thinking I’d be receiving an appointment letter around June/July. I wonder how long of a set back this will be. Specially with the interview needing to happen in Juarez 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

https://youtu.be/PQ7VZneXSi4 

Hey Everyone ! 

Here’s a video I did regarding this whole mess we are in. I’ve sent it to a few local News Stations around Los Angeles. I’ve heard back from 2 already. They would like to talk over the phone to get an actual in person interview.... let’s cross our fingers it happens! We need all the news to hear about this!!! 

On 4/17/2020 at 8:23 AM, Jane88 said:

Hi guys! Hope everyone is safe and sound during these difficult times. For those of you who already interviewed overseas and came back to the US, how long did it take for your green card to arrive? It’s getting close to 120 day mark for me and I’m wondering if I should start contacting USCIS regarding the delay. 

Hi! So nice to hear from you. Mine took about 60 days. Do you have a tracking number? 

2 minutes ago, Tyssa said:

Hi! So nice to hear from you. Mine took about 60 days. Do you have a tracking number? 

Hi Tyssa!! So nice to hear from you too!  I only have IOE number from when I paid the fee, But when I check status on USCIS it says ‘immigrant visa fee received in November’. Been saying same thing for the past 4 months already.

20 hours ago, Jane88 said:

Hi Tyssa!! So nice to hear from you too!  I only have IOE number from when I paid the fee, But when I check status on USCIS it says ‘immigrant visa fee received in November’. Been saying same thing for the past 4 months already.

I think you should try calling USCIS since you are getting close to the 120 days. Good luck and keep us posted. 

did anyone filed your i601 by yoursefl? or you all had a lawyer do it?

i had an interview in may 2019, got an approval for i130 and an evidence request for i601 in august. i tried to find a lawyer to do it but non of them wanted to take my case so i had to did it myself and sent it in sep 2019

my receive date is 09/2019 and still havent heard anything yet

On 4/27/2020 at 6:25 AM, mai_hoang said:

did anyone filed your i601 by yoursefl? or you all had a lawyer do it?

i had an interview in may 2019, got an approval for i130 and an evidence request for i601 in august. i tried to find a lawyer to do it but non of them wanted to take my case so i had to did it myself and sent it in sep 2019

my receive date is 09/2019 and still havent heard anything yet

Hi, I had a lawyer and also got a RFE around the same time as you did. After you submitted the response you should’ve got a response within 60 days. Go on their website and sign up for updates with your case number you should be able to see the status of your case. Good luck. Keep us posted.  

3 hours ago, Tyssa said:

Hi Jane88! Any luck in contacting uscis?

Hi Tyssa! I did e request online, supposedly should hear back by May 16th. So I’m just waiting. My lawyer said e request should do the job, but once everything opens up and If by then I don’t hear back from them I will make an Infopass appointment...this is frustrating 

13 hours ago, Jane88 said:

Hi Tyssa! I did e request online, supposedly should hear back by May 16th. So I’m just waiting. My lawyer said e request should do the job, but once everything opens up and If by then I don’t hear back from them I will make an Infopass appointment...this is frustrating 

It is! All of this is stressful just as is and now + a pandemic!!!!!!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/6/2019 at 7:14 AM, mikeyp123 said:

I-601A received 07/30/2018

Biometrics Done 09/06/2018

Approved 04/05/2019

Waiver done by self.

Congrats! We just got my wife’s I-130 approval today, filed on Feb 23! I’m looking to do the waiver on my own as lawyers charge an arm and a leg for this process, would you be willing to give me some guidance and or tips on the process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.