1,678 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Zuri Sana said:

It was a very short notice, twelve days to the date and we have school till late May. They have now given us a new convenient  date.

My son missed almost 4 weeks of school when we went for our interview. The school prepared a package of work and were very understanding of the whole situation. We did had to talk with the principal and explain why we were going overseas during school session. Unfortunately we can’t choose the date of the interview... I was hopeful that it was going to be during summer break but it wasn’t. Good luck with everything, keep us posted 🙏🏻

16 hours ago, Tyssa said:

My son missed almost 4 weeks of school when we went for our interview. The school prepared a package of work and were very understanding of the whole situation. We did had to talk with the principal and explain why we were going overseas during school session. Unfortunately we can’t choose the date of the interview... I was hopeful that it was going to be during summer break but it wasn’t. Good luck with everything, keep us posted 🙏🏻

Wow, glad everything worked out well for you ! Our embassy is not that big so hopefully all will go well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/26/2020 at 9:20 PM, tayymay said:

Hi All,

Its been years but we finally received our appointment for the interview in Juarez for March 2020. Is there anyone else that will also be going this March?

How long have you guys been waiting? I am excited and happy for you 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/25/2020 at 8:38 PM, Zuri Sana said:

I already have the interview date for March 5 but will have to reschedule it. 

How long after cc did you receive you appointment letter? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 5:33 PM, Tyssa said:

Hi guys! I’m wondering if the public charge would affect more the interview and not the waiver approvals??? What have you all been hearing? Let’s keep this thread going to inform each other and help everyone to be prepared for it in the interviews. 

Look I’m speaking as of my situation. Back in July 2019 my husband was found inadmissible for public charge and I sent in 4 times what they wanted which was a new i864. The US consulate in Juarez kept sending be back asking for another i864 (which I never understood what they wanted from the new one that the old one didn’t have) Well my attorney didn’t know what to do since he was filling out exactly how the law requires, so thankfully I was recommended to this lady that helped me and she explained to me that Juarez consulate likes things a certain was and she re-did  all my paperwork and just how she did them they got approved. So my best advice is look at everything and make sure of making copies of everything. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone know what’s going on because of this whole coronavirus situation? Are all appointments cancelled and stopped and all that

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.