1,678 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Pacoria said:

Hi guys so my wife filed for my I-601a waiver on6/20/18

and on 7/06/18 we received the receipt and my biometrics appointment was on 7/25/18 & now we are waiting . Is anyone else waiting This long?

Mine was received July 11th biometrics dime on August 21th but I’ve seen people from July 19th who have gotten approved already; I guess it depends on the service center your application is been processed at and the workload they have. Once your receipt date is past the processing time on their  website you can submit and inquiry; right now it says that they’re working on applications received by June 12th so I’d give it a week before you contact them. I know it’s taking a long time but we’re all in the same situation just hang tight I’d think you’ll hear something before I do so please let us know if you get an approval soon, good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Seanjohnx said:

Mine was received July 11th biometrics dime on August 21th but I’ve seen people from July 19th who have gotten approved already; I guess it depends on the service center your application is been processed at and the workload they have. Once your receipt date is past the processing time on their  website you can submit and inquiry; right now it says that they’re working on applications received by June 12th so I’d give it a week before you contact them. I know it’s taking a long time but we’re all in the same situation just hang tight I’d think you’ll hear something before I do so please let us know if you get an approval soon, good luck!

My husband did his biometrics June 2018 and we're still waiting also. Nebraska has our paperwork.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tyssa said:

Mine was submitted in September. Which office was yours processed Potomac or Nebraska?

Good luck with the interview. Keep us posted! 🍀 

Hi, Potomac. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
26 minutes ago, nyc623 said:

Hi, Potomac. 

Hi was your case accepted by Potomac in the beginning or was it accepted by Nebraska and transferred? Thank you and congratulations. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/30/2019 at 3:26 PM, Michigan248 said:

Hello all! Just wanted to post my timeline. Really getting discouraged on how long it’s taking. 

I-601a accepted 11/13/17

fingerprints done 1/16/18

Case transferred to Nebraska 5/3/18

November 2 2018 we submitted an inquiry on why it was taking so long and got a reply back that it was pending adjudication and that they had to perform additional reviews which was causing longer processing time. Not sure the meaning from what I researched it meant background checks were taking a long time. Does anyone have a similar timeline and still waiting? I’m trying to be patient as I know it’s extremly backlogged but it’s gettjng scarier and scarier around here everyday. 

I got the approval today in the mail❤️ Dated 2/7/19. Not updated in website yet. A long 15 month wait but we are so close to the finish line. 

Timeline
On 2/10/2019 at 11:06 AM, mikeyp123 said:

Hi was your case accepted by Potomac in the beginning or was it accepted by Nebraska and transferred? Thank you and congratulations. 

Hi, thank you! & it was at Potomac the whole time. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 2/1/2019 at 10:09 AM, Clarebear101 said:

UPDATE GUYS - I went to https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn

and put in an online request to USCIS to send a pending 601a notice because why not at this point... and low and behold I get an email from NVC a week later stating they received notice of my pending 601A... 

I made the request as "other" and wrote "Please send notice to The National Visa Center that I have a PENDING 601a and that NVC is to suspend scheduling of my visa interview until my 601A is adjudicated." 

Sending my NVC docs and app today! :) 

Hi Clarebear101,

I did online request what you mentioned last time two weeks ago. I got this email from USCIS:

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the USCIS Contact Center (NCSC) at the number provided below.

And I still did not receive notice from my waiver by NVC. Did you get same asnwer from USCIS when you sent the online request? 
Thank you for your help.

Sylvia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 hours ago, spoler said:

Hi Clarebear101,

I did online request what you mentioned last time two weeks ago. I got this email from USCIS:

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show your case is in line to be reviewed by an officer. We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. If after 60 days you have not received anything in the mail, please contact the USCIS Contact Center (NCSC) at the number provided below.

And I still did not receive notice from my waiver by NVC. Did you get same asnwer from USCIS when you sent the online request? 
Thank you for your help.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia!  After making my USCIS inquiry, I only received the 601A pending email from NVC that I had requested.  USCIS has never sent me a follow up email to my inquiry.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Potomac office 601 A APPROVED!!!

07/20/2018 sent

07/26/2018 receipt date 

08/27/2018 Biometrics 

02/4/2019 approved 

letter mailed on 2/11/2019 no changes on app. Or online.

appoitment 2/27/2019 with lawyer to submit Ds-260

Edited by Maggie88

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.