TBoneTX

May 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

632 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Just got our case number!! It was created today!!!! This is so exciting and unreal at the same time!!!

Wow,  congratulations,  everything is faster now, just keep going, it is very exciting ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Just got our case number!! It was created today!!!! This is so exciting and unreal at the same time!!!

Everything is going to happen so quickly from here on out!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone I have been following this trend for some time and barely decided to make a account to correspond. I have a question if anyone can help me out. My fiance has his interview on the 25 and he is trying to tell me that he doesn't need a sponsor for the simple fact that he has more than enough money in his savings and banking accounts. I'm thinking about sending my tax forms to him just in case. Is a sponsor required in order to be approved for the visa?

Edited by KristaDaniel87

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, KristaDaniel87 said:

Hello everyone I have been following this trend for some time and barely decided to make a account to correspond. I have a question if anyone can help me out. My fiance has his interview on the 25 and he is trying to tell me that he doesn't need a sponsor for the simple fact that he has more than enough money in his savings and banking accounts. I'm thinking about sending my tax forms to him just in case. Is a sponsor required in order to be approved for the visa?

Am not sure I understand your question but let me see if I can clarify-

IF you are the petitioner, YOU have to prove that your fiance will not be a public charge when he comes to America. 
I don't believe this has anything to do with how much money your fiance makes?
You need to send him the financial documents proving that you make enough income above the poverty level.
If YOU do not make enough income, then you need a sponsor in order to help you prove that you can support your fiance once he's here.

Someone please correct me/clarify if am wrong on her question :yes:

Edited by emekus94

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Am not sure I understand your question but let me see if I can clarify-

IF you are the petitioner, YOU have to prove that your fiance will not be a public charge when he comes to America. 
I don't believe this has anything to do with how much money your fiance makes?
You need to send him the financial documents proving that you make enough income above the poverty level.
If YOU do not make enough income, then you need a sponsor in order to help you prove that you can support your fiance once he's here.

Someone please correct me/clarify if am wrong on her question :yes:

Yes that's exactly what I was trying to ask. Thank you so much for clarifying that for me.

DS-160 is completely filled out and passport photo has been uploaded (thanks to me of course ;)). Tomorrow, Reni and I will review it together to make sure all is good and then he will e-sign, submit and print the confirmation page. Then I will pay the visa fee. Hopefully, we can schedule the interview and medical exam tomorrow, even though our case is still saying "at NVC" on the CEAC case tracker. 

Should I be worried that it's still at the NVC??? I mean, I just got my case # on Monday and I know it suppose to be about 5-7 days before it goes to the JA Embassy but shouldn't it be "in transit" by now, or is this my paranoia kicking in? Should I wait until I see the case is "in transit" before we schedule the interview and medical exam or just do it anyway?

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

POE today at the Toronto Pearson Airport pre-clearance area. It was a pretty smooth process.

Unfortunately,  my flight is delayed and I'll probably be missing my connection and be stranded overnight in Washington DC. 😔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Daphney said:

Visa in hand ✋,:rolleyes:.

Congratulations I'm so happy and proud of you girl lol god answer players Poe next gods willing 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.