TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, streanor said:

My Fiance called, they told him they will put in a "service request" for our case and that we should hear back in max of 30 days.

Have people here found that service requests help get things moving? Hoping we will hear soon!!!!

A tier 2 submitted a service request for me on March 6.  I was told i would receive an answer in 15 business days.  It shows up as assigned to an officer for response, but I haven't heard anything yet.  I am going to call again tomorrow. - Jason

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, streanor said:

My Fiance called, they told him they will put in a "service request" for our case and that we should hear back in max of 30 days.

Have people here found that service requests help get things moving? Hoping we will hear soon!!!!

My fiance (petitioner) called on March 05 and a service request was placed. The app updated a couple of days later to show that the request was assigned to an officer on March 07. I was willing to give them two weeks to respond.

I checked the app yesterday, March 14, around 12:00 pm and there weren't any updates. I checked an hour later and there were two new updates:
1) "On March 14, 2018, we sent a response to your general inquiry. referral number ######;" and

2) "On March 14, 2018, your general inquiry, referral number ######, was completed."

Fiance called again, but they told him there wasn't anything new that they could provide him with. He's going to try calling again later. I wish I could just call to find out, but they've already informed me that as a beneficiary I cannot get any info without him also on the line. Hoping that it is good news as I am anxious and stressed AF.

Today is Day 211 for us.

Edited by kenikki

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks for all your answers @DennisWaldron @emekus94 @Pedro0319 @JasonGG @kenikki it's interesting to hear other experiences with inquiries so far.

I will let you know if I hear something... fingers crossed :)

event.png

16 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

One day we will find out more information about this elusive RFE.

8FAEC4B6-9D23-4012-ADF1-9BF316499514.png

Wow!  This is my story just different dates.  I was told an RFE was sent to me 2/26.  But I told the tier 2 guy that I hadn't received anything and it was already March 5th. He agreed that that was very strange.  So he did the service request and boom same day I got the update that and RFE was coming. And then it actually came.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Pedro0319 said:

Wow!  This is my story just different dates.  I was told an RFE was sent to me 2/26.  But I told the tier 2 guy that I hadn't received anything and it was already March 5th. He agreed that that was very strange.  So he did the service request and boom same day I got the update that and RFE was coming. And then it actually came.

Well, I’m hoping that we actually get an RFE after this. We keep being told that it was an internal RFE, and then we are told that we should have received something, and then we are told that we shouldn’t have received something... blah blah blah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK just to give everyone hope ........ my approved petition only took 12 days to get to the NVC from the CSC !!!

approved 3/3/18 and NVC got it 3/15/18

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent : 2017-05-29
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-05-30
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-12-27  
RFE Reply(s) : 2018-01-27
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-03-03
NVC Received : 2018-03-15 :jest:
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :2018-03-19  
NVC Left :2018-03-21  
Consulate Received :2018-03-25  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date :2018-05-23        
Interview Result :approved 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Irishdoherty said:

OK just to give everyone hope ........ my approved petition only took 12 days to get to the NVC from the CSC !!!

NVC has been moving much faster since end of January (After the horror with May filers)
It's taking about 2 weeks now. Sometimes even less!

Wishing you a speedy rest of the process @Irishdoherty

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Irishdoherty said:

Did you already get a case number too?

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Irishdoherty said:

Congratulations! Very lucky

our NOA2 is February 22 and we haven’t heard from the NVC

Did you call or find out via mail or email?

5 hours ago, DennisWaldron said:

Intrested to know this also.

I called this morning and put in an inquiry. 

Now when i check our case at uscis website at the bottom it says...

As of March 15, 2018, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number *********, is currently not assigned for processing.

So withen a couple hours it was assigned an officer. And updated the website.

Updated On March 15, 2018, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number ********, was assigned to an officer for response.

🤔🤔🤔

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, KAF said:

Should I call uscis now? It’s been 15 days since they received my RFE. No updates till now.

I'll tell you what they'll say:

it can take up to 60 days after we receive.

now I'll add vj average on k1 cases rfe received to approval:

usually within a week to a month. Sometimes passes a month but rarely goes to full 60 days.

save money on calls and also protect your nerves ;) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.