Shamrox76

Need help on good case building.

94 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Shamrox76 said:

But proof could also be captured in the front-loading or?I stand to be corrected though....

Front loading is fine. My original posts were about excessive front loading. There were stories here of people sending bankers boxes of photos and texts. Always make sure that you supply enough proof that the adjudicator will understand that is is a true relationship. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Shamrox76 said:

Thanks and well noted.

In your case, front loading is critical. The adjudicator will have all previous information. Just make sure that your evidence will satisfy the questions that the adjudicator and CO will have. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
48 minutes ago, O&GForever said:

This I agree with. No one should ever send in tens of thousands of pages of evidence. 

What people need to remember is there is an art to frontloading. For some people in a little easier countries, one chat a month, plus a single trip, a few photos from it, and one or two pieces of evidence will do just fine.

In other countries like Ghana, it requires 3-4 chats a month, multiple trips, 5-7 pics from each trip from different days in different locations with different people, letters of support from family, and so much more...like adding a spouse to health insurance before they arrive, joint bank accounts, credit cards, etc. I feel with high fraud countries you almost have to prepare like you’re going through AOS or ROC from the beginning to overcome the challenges placed upon us from people in the past. 

Thanks for your time and wonderful thoughts would be considered.

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

In your case, front loading is critical. The adjudicator will have all previous information. Just make sure that your evidence will satisfy the questions that the adjudicator and CO will have. 

Thanks we are leaving no stone not turned

2 minutes ago, Shamrox76 said:

Thanks we are leaving no stone not turned

Perfect!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 hours ago, ChuAni said:

IT WILL BE APPROVED, EVENTUALLY!

ONE WITH GOD IS MAJORITY!

The Creator (GOD) is indeed KING!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

From my observations God does not seem to have much say in these matters.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

There is a difference between just front-loading and going overboard. There is no need to go overboard and it won't help your case. Providing a little more than you think is necessary is fine...sending photo albums and books of texts is not. But as long as you aren't going overboard or sending them stuff that hurts your case, there is no harm in front-loading. There may or may not be a benefit in doing so (see below), but it shouldn't hurt either.

In most cases, frontloading isn't necessary. It's fine to do, but the CO looks makes a decision upon the evidence you present at the interview.

In some case, frontloading is helpful.

In a few cases (i.e. very difficult embassies), frontloading is practically required or else you are setting yourself up for a refusal.

The "safest" general advice is to suggest frontloading in every case. However, various factors, such as country and the OP's circumstances, should be considered with any piece of advice.

And I'll just note that relationship evidence is not required for the I-129F...just evidence of meeting within the past 2 years is. Relationship evidence is evaluated by the CO at the embassy/consulate.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, geowrian said:

There is a difference between just front-loading and going overboard. There is no need to go overboard and it won't help your case. Providing a little more than you think is necessary is fine...sending photo albums and books of texts is not. But as long as you aren't going overboard or sending them stuff that hurts your case, there is no harm in front-loading. There may or may not be a benefit in doing so (see below), but it shouldn't hurt either.

In most cases, frontloading isn't necessary. It's fine to do, but the CO looks makes a decision upon the evidence you present at the interview.

In some case, frontloading is helpful.

In a few cases (i.e. very difficult embassies), frontloading is practically required or else you are setting yourself up for a refusal.

The "safest" general advice is to suggest frontloading in every case. However, various factors, such as country and the OP's circumstances, should be considered with any piece of advice.

And I'll just note that relationship evidence is not required for the I-129F...just evidence of meeting within the past 2 years is. Relationship evidence is evaluated by the CO at the embassy/consulate.

I agree with this, however (at my 'easy' embassy), the CO literally said, I see more than enough relationship evidence on your case, and asked me literally nothing.  I was approved pretty much after confirming my name and having my fingerprints taken.

Why? Because I had frontloaded relationship evidence.  I'm glad I did it, but as said various times now... front loaded, not OVERloaded.

MY PERSONAL K-1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
(In progress)

I-192F sent: 6/7/2017

I-129F arrived (by USPS): 6/12/2017 (Date recorded on NOA1)

NOA1 email received: 6/14/2017

NOA1 hard copy recieved: 6/19/2017

RFE Recieved: 12/30/2017

RFE response sent: 1/2/2018
RFE response recieved: 1/3/2018

NOA2: 1/12/2018
NVC Recieved: 1/26/2018
NVC Case Number Assigned: 1/26/2018
NVC Sent To Embassy: 2/2/2018

Medical (London): 2/5/2018

Interview (London): 2/23/2018 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand: 3-2-2018 - Home Delivery

POE (Atlanta, GA): 3/13/2018 (booked)

36 minutes ago, vocaledge said:

I agree with this, however (at my 'easy' embassy), the CO literally said, I see more than enough relationship evidence on your case, and asked me literally nothing.  I was approved pretty much after confirming my name and having my fingerprints taken.

Let me clarify what I meant by "the CO looks makes a decision upon the evidence you present at the interview". This may include the evidence you already provided. While you aren't directly showing it to them, it's still presented via the I-129F packet they already have. And again, this is quite embassy specific if they even look at your case before appearing at the window. For example, Manila COs don't know who they get until you show up at the window so they don't have an opportunity to review the case beforehand. They can still look at the evidence provided alongside the I-129F, but they will not have reviewed it beforehand.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline
3 hours ago, geowrian said:

Let me clarify what I meant by "the CO looks makes a decision upon the evidence you present at the interview". This may include the evidence you already provided. While you aren't directly showing it to them, it's still presented via the I-129F packet they already have. And again, this is quite embassy specific if they even look at your case before appearing at the window. For example, Manila COs don't know who they get until you show up at the window so they don't have an opportunity to review the case beforehand. They can still look at the evidence provided alongside the I-129F, but they will not have reviewed it beforehand.

It needed no clarification. I was agreeing with you that they looked at what I had already provided. No need to be so defensive.

(In progress)

Just now, vocaledge said:

It needed no clarification. I was agreeing with you that they looked at what I had already provided. No need to be so defensive.

I wasn't, actually...I just thought it wasn't clearly worded what I meant originally.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

I wasn't, actually...I just thought it wasn't clearly worded what I meant originally.

I thought you expressed it perfectly - have a great day

(In progress)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It is apparent that various Embassies have different requirements for evidence of ongoing relationship and have differing concerns that need to be addressed with evidence.   I believe that there is no generic answer to how to best assemble and present your evidence of relationship.  In other words, "One Size does not Fit All".

I recommend two things that can help...

1) Review the discussions that are relevant to the Embassy that the beneficiary will be interviewed at.    Many of these discussions can be found in the Regional Discussion forums here on Visa Journey.  Look for the Sub Forum which best matches the Embassy that will review your K1 Visa Application.

2) Look for others who have recently completed their interviews at the Embassy that will review your K1 Visa and reach out to them via the Private Message feature.   I have found that those I reached out to were willing to answer questions and provided me with very useful information specific to my Embassy.   I used the Visa Journey Visa Timeline tool to locate these members.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php

It does sound like the OP has received excellent advice from fellow members that have interviewed at their Embassy.

Edited by JoelThai

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.