julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Sam&Steph said:

Good day everyone.

Question,  my case is on its way to London.  My medical is booked.

I filled the Ds-160 out and on ceac it says in transit to london.

Can i book my interview slot now or do i have to wait until London receive my case?

Our case just seems to be slow moving all over.

Thanks in advance

you have on wait till it gets to london 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey all! 

We went for the visa interview yesterday in Seoul, South Korea and was approved. My fiancé was there with me and the interview itself took about 5mins. I'll post more detail on my timeline. 

I do have a question though. My fiancé and I both live and work in South Korea. I know the visa is valid for six month from the date of the medical. I also know that we have to get married within the first 90 days of entering the US. That's no problem since we have set September 8 as our wedding day. That's less than two weeks after POE. My question is about AOS. Do I have to file for adjustment of status before the medical runs out on  October 11th to not have to repeat the medical? Right now my vaccination worksheet says that I voluntarily completed all the required vaccinations. That should be enough not to do another medical in the States right? We are obviously trying to save as money as possible by planning ahead. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks all! 

3 hours ago, Enita said:

Day 20 and no news from NVC ....my case is electronic....i am so stressed out at this point and afriad of being left behind

i know it's hard but don't worry! they say it can take up to 8 weeks :/ i'm seeing its a lot faster than that currently though. don't lose hope!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, J&B said:

Hey all! 

We went for the visa interview yesterday in Seoul, South Korea and was approved. My fiancé was there with me and the interview itself took about 5mins. I'll post more detail on my timeline. 

I do have a question though. My fiancé and I both live and work in South Korea. I know the visa is valid for six month from the date of the medical. I also know that we have to get married within the first 90 days of entering the US. That's no problem since we have set September 8 as our wedding day. That's less than two weeks after POE. My question is about AOS. Do I have to file for adjustment of status before the medical runs out on  October 11th to not have to repeat the medical? Right now my vaccination worksheet says that I voluntarily completed all the required vaccinations. That should be enough not to do another medical in the States right? We are obviously trying to save as money as possible by planning ahead. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks all! 

Congratulations!!! Sorry I can’t answer your question though!

8 hours ago, Anloooom and m said:

Any body recieve there packet 3 from USEM abu dhabi?

No not yet, my fiance spoke to someone on the phone last week and I also personally emailed them. They say we must wait until we get the email from them. My case has said received since 4/16/2018 and updated on 4/25/2018. Hopefully,  soon they will send the packet 3 so we can proceed. 

2 minutes ago, ReeOta said:

No not yet, my fiance spoke to someone on the phone last week and I also personally emailed them. They say we must wait until we get the email from them. My case has said received since 4/16/2018 and updated on 4/25/2018. Hopefully,  soon they will send the packet 3 so we can proceed. 

Hopefully thts wat i m praying this is a long wait for everyrhing being electronically but hopefully we get it soon no one to cotnact either becuz they dont respond properly just wait is said.

4 hours ago, J&B said:

Hey all! 

Do I have to file for adjustment of status before the medical runs out on  October 11th to not have to repeat the medical? YES

That should be enough not to do another medical in the States right? YES BUT - when you are ready to submit your paperworksuggest that you print a copy of page 4 of the I-485 instructions, highlighting section 7c that states the vaccination record is all that is required for the K-1 and staple it to your copy of the DS-3025.  There has been contact with USCIS regarding that some adjudicators are requesting the I-693 where it is not needed.  So unless you had a class A medical condition, no I-693 is required.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

6 hours ago, magnoses said:

I noticed on the NOA2 they gave my fiancee and A number. Should I put that on the I-134 document?

The I-134 requires the A number be added. As you probably already know but I will repeat for others the A Number is located at #8 under "Other Information". :thumbs:

6 hours ago, Sam&Steph said:

You can put it but I don't think it matters :no:

This is a required field so she should enter her A number. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

11 hours ago, Anloooom and m said:

Any body recieve there packet 3 from USEM abu dhabi?

Two things if I may. First USEM is the acronym for US Embassy Manila. Second, while you are waiting if you would like to know more of what documents are needed and the next steps then check in here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare.html :thumbs: 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

7 hours ago, Sam&Steph said:

Good day everyone.

Question,  my case is on its way to London.  My medical is booked.

I filled the Ds-160 out and on ceac it says in transit to london.

Can i book my interview slot now or do i have to wait until London receive my case?

Our case just seems to be slow moving all over.

Thanks in advance

May I suggest that you visit the UK portal here on VJ where a lot of you questions will be answered. To find the portal go to the top of the page on the blue ribbon select "Portals" and then once there locate UK and there you will find a wealth of information and others who are better at answering your questions as many here are trying to get their arms around their requirements and may not have the answer to all your questions. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

That should be enough not to do another medical in the States right? YES BUT - when you are ready to submit your paperworksuggest that you print a copy of page 4 of the I-485 instructions, highlighting section 7c that states the vaccination record is all that is required for the K-1 and staple it to your copy of the DS-3025.  There has been contact with USCIS regarding that some adjudicators are requesting the I-693 where it is not needed.  So unless you had a class A medical condition, no I-693 is required.

@Greenbaum 

Thanks for the swift response. I looked at the instructions for form i-485 and cannot find section 7c that states all that K1 applicants need is the vaccination record. I do understand though why you are suggesting I add it since some adjudicators might be confused. I just cannot seem to find the section in the instructions. 

On 4/30/2018 at 8:30 AM, Naes said:

Right behind you sisters! ❤️

Yesssss you are! ❤️ Very eager to hear your updates 😍

On 5/1/2018 at 1:56 AM, Thelucybelle said:

I know she will want to fill you in with all the details but I can tell you that our dear @Swissmiss82 is safe and sound on US soil. We just figured out she has been sat in The Philadelphia airport for 5 hours and I only live about half an hour away from it!! 

Also @LizM fingers and toes crossed and good luck for Thursday- keep your eyes open for my girl @NadiaK who will be at the same embassy as you. You can’t miss her - she is drop dead gorgeous!!!  @Naes @NICK & PAULAHurry up and join us - the Champagne is now officially chilling in the fridge!!! We are finally at the home straight! :jest:

Yay this made me so happy to read! Glad @Swissmiss82 made it safely and that the POE was smooth 😄

I will definitely look out for her, also I’m not surprised to hear - all Norwegians are super good looking 😉 @NadiaK A huge good luck tomorrow! Go to Gamla stan and have some ice cream today 🙏🏻 And don’t miss Kungsträdgården, pretty sure the cherry blossoms are in full bloom there atm!

h

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, Amit M said:

Thank you! And nope don’t mind you asking. Feel free to ask anything.

and to answer your question: everything is and needs to happen in US. Nothing should be done in Beneficiary’s country. If you’re good at keeping secret then you can (I’d recommend not) but the whole purpose of K-1 is being single and intending to get married to US citizen after entering US soil. And nope, I’m Not doing any ceremonies since my fiancé is in US and we don’t plan on her being here plus we don’t want to. We ain’t really doing the typical Indian way of celebration. 

@Amit M Thanks I understand what you say and agree with you that everything should happen in Us only. 

Thanks.

When is your interview? All the best !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Bulent had his interview in Ankara today and was approved in ~30 minutes from entering the building, including 15 minutes when there was a drill (I hope) where the embassy employees went under their desks. 262 days to NOA2, 324 days to interview approval. :jest:

We’ll post a full review with the questions he was asked on the embassy page a bit later, but since everyone seems so concerned about being asked about wedding plans I’ll add that here. He was asked about our plans for the wedding and if we’ll have ceremonies in the US and Turkey. Bulent showed the officer our printed wedding invitation with our US date (8.11.18 - well within our 90 days as he’s not planning on POE until June) and our vendor bookings. She asked if anyone from his side will attend (yes, about 10) and how many from my side (he said he wasn’t sure since I’ve been handling all the planning, but a lot). He then said that we plan to have our Turkish ceremony sometime next year and that we’ll go on our honeymoon afterwards. She then asked where we plan to go on our honeymoon and then said he was approved. Bulent said the officer had a giant engagement ring on so maybe she was just more interested than normal in wedding plans, but she to really like his answers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.