julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
5 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I think all of this really depends on the embassy. The embassy in Bucharest, Romania was fine with scanned wet signature for affidavit and new intent to marry (he signed the page and scanned it and i printed it out before the interview), but they wanted original/certified divorce decree. (He got it from the courthouse, it had an extra page attached to it declaring it is a 100% copy of the original one, or something similar. Can look up the wording if needed.)

At the embassy stage i was lucky there were people on this forum who had interviews in Bucharest and they were super helpful. Also with  all the info I got from them I just called the embassy and asked them (phone and email) again if it is ok or not and printed out the e-mail conversation just in case they change their minds :)))

I know it is hard. Try to compile a list of what you want to take and send them an e-mail and ask if it is ok to be a scanned copy, or if u need to translate anything from hungarian to english etc etc. (PM me and i will send the checklist i had for the interview)

Will do!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question for those who have completed the process, has anyone actually scheduled the medical and interview after getting their case number before it actually got the beneficiary's embassy? If so, what was the outcome? Where there issues?

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Okay everyone, I want to make sure I'm not leaving anything out, here is my "Interview Checklist":

Interview Checklist

Petitioner (Me):

• Bring original and copy of NOA2

• Bring copy of I-129F petition

• Print additional copy of DS-160 confirmation page & Interview Confirmation/Appointment Page

• Passport

• I-134 (Completed & Signed)

• Employment Verification Letter

• 2015, 2016, and 2017 Tax Return (Print from TurboTax)

• 2016 & 2017 W2’s

• Paystubs (at least 6 months)

• Annual Performance Compensation Summary (Showing Monetary Raise)

• Birth Certificate (original & copy)

• Divorce Certificate (original & copy)

• Letters of Intent (update the dates & make sure Reni and I sign)

• Proof of ongoing relationship

• Print pictures from May 2017, August 2017, January 2018 visits (print a picture of the wedding dress)

• Print more chats from WhatsApp

• Make sure to bring/pack boarding passes, baggage receipts

Beneficiary (Reni):

• Passport

• Copy of DS-160 confirmation page & Interview Confirmation/Appointment Page

• Police Record

• Certificate of Non-Impediment

• Passport Photos

Am I missing anything? Please let me know.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 hours ago, Michelle M said:

I'm in NYC too and yes it is super expensive but I would miss my city (as I call it) too much if I move.

you guys should move to Philly - its like New York only cheaper and prettier !! and close to the beach still.  We go to Bethany in Delaware in the summer and its only a few hours drive! @Trinab80 and @Michelle M

Edited by Thelucybelle

1 minute ago, Thelucybelle said:

you guys should move to Philly - its like New York only cheaper and prettier !! and close to the beach still.  We go to Bethany in Delaware in the summer and its only a few hours drive.

I graduated from Temple University and lived in Philadelphia a few years. My son was born there. 

It diesnt compare to the BIG APPLE!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, Trinab80 said:

I graduated from Temple University and lived in Philadelphia a few years. My son was born there. 

It diesnt compare to the BIG APPLE!

New York just overwhelms me!!!! Where were you in Philly?  I'm a  Germantown girl

Just now, Thelucybelle said:

New York just overwhelms me!!!! Where were you in Philly?  I'm a  Germantown girl

I live in Newark Delaware now tho 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We received our case number today!!  The status still shows At NVC, but based on others, we hope it will change to a ready status quickly.

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

12 minutes ago, h&y said:

Is this from your embassy website? I know W2's aren't required per my fiancé's instructions. Unless you're self employed I think? Just wanted to make sure iiiiiii am not missing anything lol

No....this is my checklist I created for myself. I'm including my W2s because I like to front-load and provide as much as possible. I front-loaded our petition when I sent it to USCIS almost a year ago and I'm going to the interview with everything. Rather have it and don't need it than to need it and not have it. 

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Trinab80 said:

No....this is my checklist I created for myself. I'm including my W2s because I like to front-load and provide as much as possible. I front-loaded our petition when I sent it to USCIS almost a year ago and I'm going to the interview with everything. Rather had it and don't need it than to need it and not have it. 

I am with you on this

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
9 hours ago, enfinity83 said:

My baby's interview is today! 7:45am local, but my time tonight at 6:45pm! She's super nervous but i'm sure it'll be fine

Good luck you guys. I look forward to hearing how I went. Our interview is also at 7:45AM but on May 1st.

2 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Okay everyone, I want to make sure I'm not leaving anything out, here is my "Interview Checklist":

Interview Checklist

Petitioner (Me):

• Bring original and copy of NOA2

• Bring copy of I-129F petition

• Print additional copy of DS-160 confirmation page & Interview Confirmation/Appointment Page

• Passport

• I-134 (Completed & Signed)

• Employment Verification Letter

• 2015, 2016, and 2017 Tax Return (Print from TurboTax)

• 2016 & 2017 W2’s

• Paystubs (at least 6 months)

• Annual Performance Compensation Summary (Showing Monetary Raise)

• Divorce Certificate (original & copy)

• Letters of Intent (update the dates & make sure Reni and I sign)

• Proof of ongoing relationship

• Print pictures from May 2017, August 2017, January 2018 visits (print a picture of the wedding dress)

• Print more chats from WhatsApp

• Make sure to bring/pack boarding passes, baggage receipts

Beneficiary (Reni):

• Passport

• Copy of DS-160 confirmation page & Interview Confirmation/Appointment Page

• Police Record

• Certificate of Non-Impediment

• Passport Photos

Am I missing anything? Please let me know.

Do NOT print a picture of the wedding dress!!!!!! This has been done innocently and it went horribly wrong at the interview for others. The CO thought that they had already gotten married and declined the K-1 Visa. They tried to dispel that notion but the CO would not listen. Interview OVER. So don't show pictures of any wedding dresses or any pictures of a large family gatherings as it also can be misconstrued as a wedding celebration.  Just show pictures of the two of you together doing different things together and it helps to show pictures of you with her and her parents. Gives the notion that you met the parents and all is OK with them.

W2's are not needed as you have them in the 1040. Best thing to do and it only takes a few minutes of your time and that is request a tax transcripts is easier and the CO has seen plenty of them. Go here as you can get online and print right away.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/request-a-transcript-or-copy-of-a-prior-year-tax-return

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Do NOT print a picture of the wedding dress!!!!!! This has been done innocently and it went horribly wrong at the interview for others. The CO thought that they had already gotten married and declined the K-1 Visa. They tried to dispel that notion but the CO would not listen. Interview OVER. So don't show pictures of any wedding dresses or any pictures of a large family gatherings as it also can be misconstrued as a wedding celebration.  Just show pictures of the two of you together doing different things together and it helps to show pictures of you with her and her parents. Gives the notion that you met the parents and all is OK with them.

Duly noted. I will not include a picture of my wedding dress. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.