lorene21

Filled 1-130 in July 2017. Still no answer.

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 minutes ago, missileman said:

You are exactly right.......even the CBP officer said that to my wife when she arrived at DFW.......I guess we just grew tired of the waiting. LOL....and my wife had just finished selling all our furniture and everything in Taipei....

We are seriously considering waiting till after July 14th,2019 to cross at a Mexican land port if our case drags out far enough in order to qualify for the IR1.  The way things are taking so long to get approved we may get it by default which would save the headache later of removing conditions. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
17 minutes ago, ironpatriot1 said:

I have a question;

Why didn't you guys wait until August 1st to fly to the USA?  If you had done that you would have qualified for an IR1 instead of a CR1.

I dnt know why.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

We’re there too

I hope it will will be as fast as possible but on the other side I guess I should wait to enter the US until after Jan 14th next year

we’ll see but the waiting definitely sucks 🙄😂

36 minutes ago, Zzyzx said:

Here is the link so anyone curious can look at processing times for various centers.  It's waaay easier to show someone how to fish instead of trying to appear smart. ;)

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

The site linked above is not accurate; VJ forum exists for a reason. No fishing nor teaching here and nothing is easier nor harder. Thanks

Edited by AdilB

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Zzyzx said:

Says he who quoted the USCIS site earlier in the thread.  Just sharing another tool for those who want access to more information.  Like all the information on here concerning USCIS, it should be viewed as one small snapshot of the whole picture. 

Actually, the reason I shared that site was because that is the only place Potomac is shown....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Fatima el orra said:

Thx.but ur advice doesnt help....waste time ur way.....so if u dnt understand our curiosity.  Cz u r smarter....dnt need to share nth...im asking for who know how help me...

It is against the terms of service of this web site to tell others not to post......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, ironpatriot1 said:

We are seriously considering waiting till after July 14th,2019 to cross at a Mexican land port if our case drags out far enough in order to qualify for the IR1.  The way things are taking so long to get approved we may get it by default which would save the headache later of removing conditions. 

That is good planning on your part......I would highly suggest you wait if you can.......I'm not looking forward to the Removal of Conditions process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
17 minutes ago, missileman said:

It is against the terms of service of this web site to tell others not to post......

Nd to b ironic too.when im.asking is cz i want a serious answer...nd i had it ...nd post ironic answers isnt gd to the site too.cz all of us  r here for the same reason..not to joke with each others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 minutes ago, missileman said:

That is good planning on your part......I would highly suggest you wait if you can.......I'm not looking forward to the Removal of Conditions process.

My spouse has a cousin that is an american citizen and her husband is from Chile.  He came up to the states on the two year and in 2017 it was time to remove conditions.  USCIS has taken so long that he no longer has a job and their household income is suffering because of the dipwads at USCIS cant get a removal of conditions done on time.  It was supposed to be done before his GC expired.  They gave him a letter extending him one year till they sort it out but his employer didnt want to be apart of it.  For this reason waiting might be better.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, lorene21 said:

ironpatriot1, just be aware that once you get approved in the consulate you have only 6 months to enter the U.S. So make sure the timing is correct for you to wait until July 2019. 

Good point @lorene21 and @ironpatriot1......and in some case, the time to enter is even shorter.  My wife's CR-1 visa's expiration date was only 4 months after it was issued..........this entire process takes so, so much knowledge, planning, and patience....and money.

Edited by missileman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 2.03.2018 at 8:11 PM, Sangreaves said:

Anyone here applied in December 2017?

Come here with us dear -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/655546-december-2017-i130-filers/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 2.03.2018 at 8:02 PM, missileman said:

Good point @lorene21 and @ironpatriot1......and in some case, the time to enter is even shorter.  My wife's CR-1 visa's expiration date was only 4 months after it was issued..........this entire process takes so, so much knowledge, planning, and patience....and money.

Especially knowledge and patience... With all the time on our hands waiting for any kind of response from USCIS or NVC we can collect money easily. After all the whole process takes months and months now :(

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.