pontof

March 2018 I-129f Filers

2,295 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
56 minutes ago, gremarielyzza said:

I see. According to the processing time of CA office, its 5-7 months. Is it reliable? Is there any chance that the petition will be approved between August-October if 5-7 mos from March? Im about to give birth on late august or early september and quite worried. Thank you 

Hi there! The 5-7 months is an estimate. Watching the other forums for previous months it is pretty accurate and from what I see people are typically getting approved by the 6 or 7 month. Either way its not something you can count on. Just to make sure-- you understand that this is not the final approval to get him here, correct? I am only asking because you mentioned having a baby In Aug/Sept. After this approval (NOA2) you still have atleast a few months to go for the final approval-- and even after that it can take a few weeks for him to receive his visa to come here. After speaking with my lawyer and paying attention to these forums I know for sure the full process will probably take atleast 10 months from beginning to end. And the timing of everything near the end all depends on their particular embassy (i.e. how long it takes to get an interview and notify you, etc.). For me, my NOA1 was received March 5 and I am expecting to hear from the USCIS about an approval around the end of September or October. But it could definitely be later. Then getting my paperwork together and sending it to the NVC.. then from what my lawyer said its taking them longer to process your paperwork there now and give you a # (about 8 weeks). And then it goes off to their embassy, taking possibly another couple months until its all done. My honest advice is to not rely or count on any timeline and accept you won't know and hopefully relax. I'm sure most people here would agree with that advice. You can't change the process and unfortunately its taking much longer than it used to, but it is what it is. So being anxious and trying to plan is not a good idea and not good for you anyway. So accepting you don't have a guaranteed timeline hopefully would help you relax and not worry. Sorry if I said more than needed.. wasn't sure how much you already knew. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
13 minutes ago, gremarielyzza said:

I see. According to the processing time of CA office, its 5-7 months. Is it reliable? Is there any chance that the petition will be approved between August-October if 5-7 mos from March? Im about to give birth on late august or early september and quite worried. Thank you 

It is currently pretty reliably 7 months. So in case you don't receive an RFE, you should not expect your NOA2 before October. I am not sure if you are the beneficiary (being pregnant) - even if you were to be approved in August, you need to keep in mind that each airline has different rules on how long into the pregnancy you are allowed to fly with them.

K1

2018-02-09: I-129F sent

2018-02-15: NOA1

2018-08-16: NOA2

2018-10-11: Interview 

2018-10-19: Visa received

2018-12-06: US entry

2018-12-15: Wedding

AOS/EAD/AP

2019-02-26: Filed

2019-03-05: NOA

2019-06-12: Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751)

Potomac Service Center

2021-05-07: Filed

2021-05-12: NOA

2021-08-26: Biometrics

2023-03-11: 48-month extension letter received

2024-02-07: RFE 

2024-02-14: Response to RFE received

2024-02-15: I-751 approved

Citizenship (N-400)

2024-04-02: Filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, gremarielyzza said:

Hi! Do you have any update regarding your petition? We filed our petition on March too, and case was received on march 19 2018. We haven’t heard any update nor news from uscis or lawyer. How about you? 

HI!  No news yet.  I don't expect anything until Mid September.  Pins and needles.

February 27,  2018 - Overnighted I-I29F

February 28,  2018 - Received by Dallas Lockbox

March 5, 2018 - Received NOA1 Text

March 8, 2018 -  NOA1 Hard-copy

September 7, 2018 - Received email petition approved

September 10, 2018 - NOA2 Hard copy received 

October 16, 2018 -  Left NVC for CDJ

October 26, 2018 - Received consulate letter dated Oct 23rd

March 15th, 2019 - Interview date

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/14/2018 at 10:29 AM, Nicola and Jordan said:

Just dropped my fiancé off at the airport after he spent a week with me at my home in England. Had the best week but it gets harder and harder to say goodbye 💔😔 I really feel for those who don’t get to see their partners and you guys here are the only ones who really know how I feel right now. I really hope we all get those approvals sooner rather than later so we can all be with our loved ones.

Same! I'm just counting the days until I get to visit my fiance again in September. I can't imagine having to wait all 5-7 months (plus the additional 2 months for NOA2 processing on top of that) until you can see each other again. :( Hang in there everyone!

***K-1 Visa***

NOA1:         03/01/18 (old site)

03/06/18 (new site)

NOA2:         09/04/18

Interview:   12/27/18

Visa Rcvd:   01/09/19

POE Date:    01/27/19

Married:       02/22/19

***Adjustment of Status***

Sent:             03/07/19

NOA1:           03/15/19

Biometrics:  04/11/19

Ready:           04/24/19

EAD/AP:        08/20/19

Card Rcvd:    08/26/19

***Removal of Conditions***

Sent:             11/17/21

NOA1:           11/20/21

24-month Extension: Received

48-month Extension: Received

Approval:     02/20/24

***Naturalization***

Sent:             10/05/23

NOA1:           10/05/23

Biometrics:  10/25/23

Interview:     02/12/24

Oath:             03/27/24

============================================

Case Status Online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus

Timeline
10 minutes ago, crono_clone said:

Same! I'm just counting the days until I get to visit my fiance again in September. I can't imagine having to wait all 5-7 months (plus the additional 2 months for NOA2 processing on top of that) until you can see each other again. :( Hang in there everyone!

Also just in case you didn't know, its taking even longer now once you receive your NOA2 before it goes on to the embassy. My lawyer recently notified me it used to be a really quick process, like at most 2 weeks. And he let me know he has clients that everything is turned in but its sitting there at the NVC for 8 weeks or more before it even is getting sent to the embassy of the fiancees country. Overall the entire process on average has been taking 10+ months. It also of course depends on how quickly the embassy can do the interview and gets the visa back to you. I personally am not counting on any time line but thinking it will be around the 10 month mark until its all done. But there's no guarantee.

3 hours ago, Rayapig said:

Also just in case you didn't know, its taking even longer now once you receive your NOA2 before it goes on to the embassy. My lawyer recently notified me it used to be a really quick process, like at most 2 weeks. And he let me know he has clients that everything is turned in but its sitting there at the NVC for 8 weeks or more before it even is getting sent to the embassy of the fiancees country. Overall the entire process on average has been taking 10+ months. It also of course depends on how quickly the embassy can do the interview and gets the visa back to you. I personally am not counting on any time line but thinking it will be around the 10 month mark until its all done. But there's no guarantee.

Yeah I have planned about 12 months in but it is what it is if it’s 7 months or 14 months there’s isn’t much I can do lol just need to wait it out :) 

6 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi everyone who filed on march, have anyone heard anything? has anyone gotten their noa2? 

March filers will hopefully heard sometime in September, They are starting with January and still have no finished all december Cases! is kinda 6-7 months to get NOA2.

April filers are praying for october! Good luck! Marchilettes!

Edited by Kyle&Ana

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I just read an article that USCIS will be able to deny applications without a RFE starting in September. 😱😡

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/visa-policy-changes/index.html

3 hours ago, Alan&Alex said:

I just read an article that USCIS will be able to deny applications without a RFE starting in September. 😱😡

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/visa-policy-changes/index.html

It won’t affect us as it’s for filers from September onwards 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-policy-guidance-certain-requests-evidence-and-notices-intent-deny

Timeline

Thanks to you both for sharing those articles and keeping us informed. From reading both articles I think this is actually a good thing for our country and also those of us filers who take the time to file everything correctly. As I understand sometimes the USCIS will get backed up because there are so many of us filing and then on top of that they are dealing with RFE's. And as it says there are people who quickly just send in a incomplete application just to make sure they quickly get it in as a "place holder" to get it in quickly. But overall it isn't fair that people can do that and then push us all back  when we receive our NOA2. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello everyone, does anyone know how they determine which service center to send your k1visa?  i live in georgia which is closer to vermont, but our petition was sent to california. why are the other k1 visa send to vermont?

thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hello everyone, does anyone know how they determine which service center to send your k1visa?  i live in georgia which is closer to vermont, but our petition was sent to california. why are the other k1 visa send to vermont?

thanks!

All K-1 petitions are sent to California normally. The ones sent to Vermont have special issues usually dealing with waivers or criminal records.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.