dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Sorry- what does sent to supervisor mean? 

We are using a lawyer- but I’m getting impatient- I’m 22 weeks pregnant and will be leaving Sydney on March 13-soni can be in the states to give birth... ahhh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rella said:

Sorry- what does sent to supervisor mean? 

We are using a lawyer- but I’m getting impatient- I’m 22 weeks pregnant and will be leaving Sydney on March 13-soni can be in the states to give birth... ahhh

when we talk about NVC and they haven't created the case in the 2 week time they tell us, they email their supervisor at NVC to get in contact with those putting in and creating cases to pull the file, and get a case created.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rella said:

Can you request it be sent to supervisor- or it does t seem to matter? 

generally when you call they will say this is outside of our time, I will send it to a supervisor for review, if they have not said that to you, I would call back and ask that it be sent if it has been more than 2 weeks since it was scanned into NVC as received.  

2 hours ago, Luna17 said:

Hello, I just found out that petitioners are not required to attend the visa interview, only my spouse,  but of course, I do plan to be there. In the past, both needed to attend and participated in the interview and in some embassies they won't let you in. I found a post from last year and someone advise that in Dom. Rep. attendance isn't required but strongly suggested. Any experience from anyone? Thanks

My husband has two friends in the DR that just had their interviews within the last few months and neither of them had their spouse come to the interview and everything went fine. However my lawyer said that anytime an embassy says it's optional for the spouse to come, she strongly suggests the spouse to go and has told me I should go so I plan to go even if it's not required. 

3 hours ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

You are in the same situation as we are. My wife lives in Ireland with me and is the US citizen, she filled out the form I-130 so she is my sponsor and her father is my joint sponsor.

As the spouse you are the sponsor and your father will be joint sponsor, you must prove intent to domicile.

Oh okay, yeah i understand now...Thank you so much and good luck to you .

20 minutes ago, Melencarnacion said:

My husband has two friends in the DR that just had their interviews within the last few months and neither of them had their spouse come to the interview and everything went fine. However my lawyer said that anytime an embassy says it's optional for the spouse to come, she strongly suggests the spouse to go and has told me I should go so I plan to go even if it's not required. 

Thanks for sharing. I'm totally with you, it's better to be there. I saw your timeline and you'll soon be sending your NVC package. It looks like you have a lawyer, but if it's only you on this stage, make sure that you read all the instructions and submit required docs plus don't leave anything blank, put NA or None. Good luck. 

13 minutes ago, Luna17 said:

Thanks for sharing. I'm totally with you, it's better to be there. I saw your timeline and you'll soon be sending your NVC package. It looks like you have a lawyer, but if it's only you on this stage, make sure that you read all the instructions and submit required docs plus don't leave anything blank, put NA or None. Good luck. 

Yes thank you, we do have our lawyer through the rest of the process but i'm still triple checking everything because I don't want something minor to hold up this process anymore. It looks like you are waiting for your CC correct? I wish you the best of luck and will be keeping an eye on your timeline to see when you get your interview date! We are getting closer :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
47 minutes ago, SME2017 said:

Oh okay, yeah i understand now...Thank you so much and good luck to you .

No problem at all, best of luck to you on your journey.

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

3 hours ago, Madison Raney said:

¡Solo llamé y obtuve la fecha de mi entrevista! Aquí esperamos ver más CC y entrevistas programadas para este mes:)

SD: 2/9/18

CC: 26/02/18

Entrevista: 18/4/18

Congratulationss!!!

CR-1 (Spouse of Citizen US)

*** USCIS ***

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate: Dominican Republic

Marriage: 12/15/2016

I-130 Sent: 03/07/2017

I-130 NOA1: 03/14/2017

I-130 Approved: 09/29/2017

*** NVC ***

NVC Received: 11/03/2017

Case # and Invoice ID Obtained: 11/24/2017

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 11/28/2017

Pay AOS Bill: 11/29/2017

Send AOS Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Submit DS-261: 11/29/2017

Receive IV Bill: 12/04/2017

Pay IV Bill: 12/06/2017

Send IV Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Form DS-260 NVC Received: 12/16/2017

SD: 12/20/2017 

CC: 02/08/2018

Interview Date: 04/24/2018 

Result: Approved.^_^

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Omg omg I’m documentarly qualified which means CC after exactly 1 week. For all of you pivot cases. Hang in there. It goes really fast after your case number. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, kubes said:

Omg omg I’m documentarly qualified which means CC after exactly 1 week. For all of you pivot cases. Hang in there. It goes really fast after your case number. 

nice congrats ...yeah i hope so

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 minutes ago, MR1989 said:

Hi, yesterday my CEAC status showed "submit documents" but today it showing ''at NVC".  Does it mean case complete?  I submitted my documents on 02/01.  Please advise. 

Yes, from statistics it should be case complete.. 

call to confirm, congratulations in advance 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.