dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

I’m not sure about the DR but I’m glad I attended with my spouse yesterday at Islamabad because we were both interviewed separately. I have a feeling if I wasn’t there that we would’ve been denied but we got approved. Just have to send in the correct size passport photos and they said they would start processing his visa. 

Yeah it's not really worth the risk IMO.

Especially when Santo Domingo  is realatively a short flight compared to Islamabad. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Peachess said:

Is it normal for my case status to show "Action required: submit requested documents" even though nvc already confirmed my SD yesterday? 

Yeah , my scan date is Feb 22 , and shows same , 

It'll change when they CC your case 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rawanruru said:

Hello everyone. For the choose and agent, my lawyer chose his self and completed my ds-261 now when I want to call and ask them to review the ds what questions do they ask for? Do they ask for the agents name ? Address ?

Oh your lawyer is agent , 

So when you call to review ds-261 they'll only ask the name of agent , and email address most likely , nothing much 

My case was sent to NVC on Jan 12

Received on Jan 18

Sent to a supervisor on Feb 9

And I'm still waiting in a case number!

I'm hoping to get it soon...any one else on the same boat?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, NilsaAnil21 said:

My case was sent to NVC on Jan 12

Received on Jan 18

Sent to a supervisor on Feb 9

And I'm still waiting in a case number!

I'm hoping to get it soon...any one else on the same boat?

I got approved Jan 17, sent to nvc 2/1 received 2/5 scanned as received 2/8 I am still waiting also sent to supervisor 3 times

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I got approved Jan 17, sent to nvc 2/1 received 2/5 scanned as received 2/8 I am still waiting also sent to supervisor 3 times

3 times lol after a while dont u say hey i dont think thats working sending to supervisor or u guys have a bad supervisor lol

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just now, H&H. said:

3 times lol after a while dont u say hey i dont think thats working sending to supervisor or u guys have a bad supervisor lol

2 of those times were sent to the same supervisor, I just gave up all I can do now is hope I get one before end of March.

Timeline
9 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

I’m not sure about the DR but I’m glad I attended with my spouse yesterday at Islamabad because we were both interviewed separately. I have a feeling if I wasn’t there that we would’ve been denied but we got approved. Just have to send in the correct size passport photos and they said they would start processing his visa. 

yeah if flight wasnt so long and expensive and my job, then i would definitely go but from im reading its good if u go but not required and im sure if they ask, my wife can say he has work and flight is long/expensive plus i was just there like 3-4 months ago so hard to take leave from office too often. 

Just now, Khallaf said:

2 of those times were sent to the same supervisor, I just gave up all I can do now is hope I get one before end of March.

yeah looks like bunch of people got interview and now i see people getting case # so i think were getting close either today or next week IA

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

15 hours ago, Peachess said:

My Scan date is today March 1st..

I called and spoke to 2 different agents today and they say I'm in line for review... now hoping for a speedy CC. 

You can't be in line for interview if your case is not complete. You have to have a CC first before they can put you in line for interview. You might want to call again to confirm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kucha said:

You can't be in line for interview if your case is not complete. You have to have a CC first before they can put you in line for interview. You might want to call again to confirm.

Read it again, I said in line for "review" not "interview". Thanks. 

12 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

Nice Congrats bro , !!  finally done now just the Interview awaits between you two. 

nice , things will move pretty fast now , pay stuff and fill DS-261 and call them  after 1 day of filling DS-261 and ask them to review that form for you over the phone. 

Do you happen to know about how many days it takes for the information to show on the nvc website. I was told over the phone the same things, choose an agent and fill out the info, and then call a day later. When I went on the website to fill out the info though it tells me that my case is not eligible for further processing. I called back and the lady at nvc told me that I should wait about a week for any of that info to open up. Does that sound right?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Alex & Ivan said:

Do you happen to know about how many days it takes for the information to show on the nvc website. I was told over the phone the same things, choose an agent and fill out the info, and then call a day later. When I went on the website to fill out the info though it tells me that my case is not eligible for further processing. I called back and the lady at nvc told me that I should wait about a week for any of that info to open up. Does that sound right?

Yeah that sounds right , that message means they are still updating your case and setting things up for you to complete online , 

Mine took 2 business days to unlock after that message , but right now seems like they are little behind so within 1 week it should open 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.