dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, ALittleBritish said:

Did you guys provide an email address for either of you on your I-130? It's my understanding they will either send you a welcome email or a welcome letter. 

The rest of the processing will be done either by mail or through the online CEAC portal (known as a pivot case). You can check here to see if you consulate is one of the ones doing electronic processing: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Yes we did indeed give an e-mail address. Funny thing, though, the USCIS only e-mailed initially, I found out we were accepted through the "check my case" on the website. And thank you for the website, will I have to get a new case number if I change the embassy? Obviously. That will slow things down I'll bet.

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Babycanuck said:

I called the NVC today and was told that the 6 week clock was reset the second time my case was sent to a supervisor. Was anyone else told the same thing? That seems absurd to me.

When I asked for my case to be sent to a supervisor as it was taking  too long for a case number,  the lady suggested not to  do that as it would delay it by 6 weeks.  Don't know how true is that.  Btw I m still waiting and it's my 4th week.

5 minutes ago, jesserz said:

Yes we did indeed give an e-mail address. Funny thing, though, the USCIS only e-mailed initially, I found out we were accepted through the "check my case" on the website. And thank you for the website, will I have to get a new case number if I change the embassy? Obviously. That will slow things down I'll bet.

I'm not 100% sure on that but I imagine you would need a new case number since the first three letters of the case number identify the Embassy. I know other people have had to do it, and I think I remember reading that you need to email the NVC to request the change of embassy before they issue the case number. I would just recommend giving them a call and asking :) They're taking their time assigning case numbers right now anyway due to a backlog and bad weather, so who knows, it may not slow you down all that much. Good luck!

Edited by ALittleBritish

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Babycanuck said:

J'ai appelé la NVC aujourd'hui et on m'a dit que l'horloge de 6 semaines a été réinitialisée la deuxième fois que mon cas a été envoyé à un superviseur. Est-ce que quelqu'un d'autre a dit la même chose? Cela me semble absurde.

Me too

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
21 hours ago, Badley said:

Hello everyone.                                              Finally receive a case complete.                SD : 26 Jan.                                                    Cc : 10 marc

Congratulations 

2 hours ago, crmathew1 said:

So i called NVC again today and they again told me that NVC received my case on March 12 and they don't know why I have been getting the message that they received it on Feb 9th and that my case IS IN EP when it shouldn't be but cannot tell me what I can do about it. I requested to speak to a supervisor and they said no one was available but they took my phone number and said someone will call me back (I doubt it). I contacted my congressman and trying to proceed that way. Meanwhile, does anyone have any other suggestions? Can I ask for something else to get the right answers??? HELP?!

I just saw somome got case number. Case was recieved on Feb 9th. Dont worry yours is coming soon. From reading post here, NVC usually dont know what they talking about on the phone. Hopefully you will share good news soon!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We finally got a case number after our case was received on Feb 12! We got the case number on March 12 but I am still unable to access anything when I enter the information on CEAC! 🙁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

Good news Guys 

My online status changed to AT NVC

Called and confirmed my case is complete , in line for interview

SD : Feb 22 paper mail 

CC : March 14 

Congrats 🎊 

Timeline
6 hours ago, burd32 said:

yeah ive been waiting for CC just over a month, scanned 2/13

I hope u call them to follow up your case. At least to be sure they received your mailed documents. I waited almost 8 wks only to find out that they didn't receive my mail so Pls don't be like me. 

5 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

Good news Guys 

Omg congrats 🤗

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Usps lost my documents...I sent them March 5th and the online tracker is still saying “the item is currently in transit to the next facility as of March 8, 2018.” Hasn’t changed at all. So upsetting. 😭

Timeline
26 minutes ago, scarlett262004 said:

Congrats 🎊 

and congratulations to you too. Sure your hubby shld be getting set to finally join you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, harsh2010 said:

Good news Guys 

Congratulations!!

my SD 23 Feb

Hope I have CC in this week 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.