Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About jesserz

  • Rank
  • Member # 265674

Profile Information

  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    IR-1/CR-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    Chicago Lockbox
  • Country

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

1,055 profile views
  1. "Une Γ©tude administrative" just means that you're case has gone in to AP (administrative processing). What does your case say on the CEAC website? Like she said, they are going to do more investigation. Unfortunately, there is no way to know how long this will take. But when they're done and everything check out, they will instruct him to send his passport again. If they need anything else they will ask you. When you sent them an email with the translation, what was their response?
  2. Depends on which city the job is in in Germany. If it's in Frankfurt, you can. We live in Berlin and couldn't DCF. If you take the job in Germany, you could cancel the K1 and then get married. Then, you can live in Germany together (my husband and I did just that and neither one of us is German) and file for the CR1 from abroad.
  3. Is this unlawful? (I don't really understand if there are any strict laws with most immigration matters or if it's all just down to how the officer is feeling at that exact moment). My husband and I read stories that this happened after people had done the adjustment of status and I guess we just assumed it was the law. These were all on Russian language websites, but the general gist was that if you ever want your family to visit you in the US after you immigrate, don't adjust the status of a non-immigrant visa (not counting the K-1 obviously). That is so terrible that you were blindsided by that I'm very sorry to hear it! Hopefully there is a way to work together and get together!
  4. jesserz


    Just make sure you bring certified translations to the interview (we made this mistake and it cost us almost 2 weeks). But we used self-done translations for everything else and it was just fine. Just make sure, as another poster said, to make the documents saying you hereby decree that you speak both languages fluently.
  5. We had to change embassies too, from Prague to Frankfurt. You need to call the NVC and keep calling them. Email them too. Don't let up until it's changed.
  6. I don't remember what the format was, but my husband made this mistake a few times. (I'm not sure if you're the US spouse or the foreign spouse) US dates are written month/day/year. So make sure that's the way you're putting it in.
  7. Yes, the interview was in August and it went very well, but we did have to send in certified translations of some documents. We didn't know they needed to be certified, so make sure you do that if you have anything in a language other than English and the local one. Just got the visa in the mail today.
  8. That sounds good and if you specifically have any photos of you meeting her family or her meeting yours, that's good stuff. As long as you have lots of evidence that you have an ongoing relationship and see each other often you should be fine!
  9. Case complete. Documentarily qualified. It is the notice the NVC gives you when they approve and send your case to the embassy.
  10. It happened! The passport came in the mail with that beautiful visa! The nightmare of waiting is over and now we can start to have a life! Oh I'm so excited I don't even have the words to express it! This website is the most use I've ever gotten out of the internet. Love to you all!!! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
  11. DHL said expected delivery of the passport was to be today, but after waiting all day, the expected delivery changed to tomorrow. We're so close!
  12. Still no email with any tracking info and no passport in the mail yet. But CEAC says "Issued" still. I'm getting a little nervous now.
  13. That's all exactly what I had going for me too, then. Is your mom the joint sponsor as well? Having her draw up a lease, as suggested, is a very good idea. I had my mom write up a letter saying that she is the owner of the house we will be living in and that she hereby says we can stay with her for the foreseeable future with no problems. Another good one is to write a moving company and get a quote from them on how much it would cost to move all your stuff to the USA. Then include the price quote in with your package. Showing that you're making (specifically you, the US citizen) moves to go back to the US. Another good one is if you voted from abroad. Also keeping open a US phone number (or sending proof that you intend to have one again). I mean, none of these are as good as "look, I have a job!!!," but the more the merrier. Furthermore, on the flip side, living with your husband is great for establishing a bonafide relationship. So you win some, you lose some.
  14. I had the same fears as I also live abroad with my husband. However, you said "US license." That's gotta have an address on it. Is it maybe a parent's address? Because the idea is to "re-establish" domicile. So where do you plan to live when you move back? For example, we will live with my mom, so I showed that her address is on my license; I get mail there; I can't wait to go back; she's cool with it, etc. Oh, same thing with the bank account. Do you use the account? That's linked to an address too.