2,245 posts in this topic

Hey I have a question

has anyone ever received the notification “expedite request approved and then another saying “expedite request denied”? I got the approval notification and ten minutes later logged back in to show my husband and it said denied....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well it not that unusual for a case to be updated incorrectly, mistake realised and an amendment made.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 12/29/2019 at 12:42 PM, CDNgirl09 said:

Hey!

I completely share your frustration, I’m on the same timeline as you :/. I did see my case update to show that I submitted an expedite request... and in the blurb it references the referral ID the customer service rep gave me as well as the day that the officer sent the request for evidence. 

No word on my evidence though and I’ve called consistently to see if they’ve received it. One Tier 2 officer I spoke with mentioned that once you fax in your evidence, you should hear back within 3 weeks if it’s been accepted if that helps?  I would call so they at least get your case tracker updated to reflect the expedite request. 

good luck and keep us posted!! I’m waiting to hear back too. 

It's so bizarre that some cases are updated online and others aren't! 

Mine still hasn't been updated at all.

I called up a couple of days ago, but it was about an hour or two before the phone line closed and the USCIS officer couldn't answer my questions (I guess she wasn't Tier 2?) and told me to call back in the morning. 

So I called back the following morning and spoke to a different officer, who again wasn't able to help me out at all. She told me she was going to put me through to someone that could help.... but it went to an automated message which told me the callback time was 673 minutes. What madness. I hung up, and called USCIS again, and explained the situation to yet another woman, who told me that she wasn't able to tell me if the documents I faxed had been received. I asked her if she could update the online case tracker to reflect the fact that I have an expedite case open, but she said she was unable to as she can't override another officer's case. 

It's absolutely insane. I understand it can take a while to read through the faxed documents and make a decision, but there is really no excuse to not even tell me if they received my fax!

The waiting continues.

23 hours ago, EmilyTim said:

It's so bizarre that some cases are updated online and others aren't! 

Mine still hasn't been updated at all.

I called up a couple of days ago, but it was about an hour or two before the phone line closed and the USCIS officer couldn't answer my questions (I guess she wasn't Tier 2?) and told me to call back in the morning. 

So I called back the following morning and spoke to a different officer, who again wasn't able to help me out at all. She told me she was going to put me through to someone that could help.... but it went to an automated message which told me the callback time was 673 minutes. What madness. I hung up, and called USCIS again, and explained the situation to yet another woman, who told me that she wasn't able to tell me if the documents I faxed had been received. I asked her if she could update the online case tracker to reflect the fact that I have an expedite case open, but she said she was unable to as she can't override another officer's case. 

It's absolutely insane. I understand it can take a while to read through the faxed documents and make a decision, but there is really no excuse to not even tell me if they received my fax!

The waiting continues.

So strange enough...I received an approval and a denial for my expedite request. I spoke with Tier 2 and she said she would escalate my case to get some clarification. The next morning, I had updates to my case tracker saying that an officer reviewed my initial expedite request and then opened up a new one! The officer then sent me a new request for evidence letter... 

Beyond confused here. I've essentially started over again.

Timeline
1 hour ago, CDNgirl09 said:

So strange enough...I received an approval and a denial for my expedite request. I spoke with Tier 2 and she said she would escalate my case to get some clarification. The next morning, I had updates to my case tracker saying that an officer reviewed my initial expedite request and then opened up a new one! The officer then sent me a new request for evidence letter... 

Beyond confused here. I've essentially started over again.

What the...! Sorry to hear how much they're messing around with you/your case. Perhaps try and call up again? 

Seems like they're screwing up everything lately. 

Timeline

I checked on the USCIS case tracker today... and it says that a new card is being produced! Still in shock that my EAD expedite request was approved. 

Good luck to everyone going through the process :) 

3 hours ago, EmilyTim said:

I checked on the USCIS case tracker today... and it says that a new card is being produced! Still in shock that my EAD expedite request was approved. 

Congrats!! followed your timeline while lurking. My expedite request was approved last friday. Still waiting for card in production.

5 hours ago, EmilyTim said:

I got the same update today :) keep me posted on when it changes to card is mailed and I’ll do the same. Congrats!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, EmilyTim said:

18 hours ago, Greg988 said:

Congrats!! followed your timeline while lurking. My expedite request was approved last friday. Still waiting for card in production.

16 hours ago, CDNgirl09 said:

I got the same update today :) keep me posted on when it changes to card is mailed and I’ll do the same. Congrats!!!

Hello to you 3,

Congrats on the new EAD!

I have been going through the same process, and I was wondering if USCIS ever acknowledged reception of your faxed documents?

Also, did you contact your Senator at all?

Thank you for your help.

17 minutes ago, Alexica said:

Hello to you 3,

Congrats on the new EAD!

I have been going through the same process, and I was wondering if USCIS ever acknowledged reception of your faxed documents?

Thank you for your help.

First fax was sent on dec26 (same day I got the email requesting evidence). No reply or nothing, got nervous and resent on Jan 2nd and status changed Next day to expedite approved Jan 3rd.  Not sure which fax worked. I haven’t gone congressional (...yet). If I don’t see a decision by next Friday I probably will. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Greg988 said:

First fax was sent on dec26 (same day I got the email requesting evidence). No reply or nothing, got nervous and resent on Jan 2nd and status changed Next day to expedite approved Jan 3rd.  Not sure which fax worked. I haven’t gone congressional (...yet). If I don’t see a decision by next Friday I probably will. 

That's lucky! Happy for you.

I sent my fax on dec20 (same day I got the email too!), and then a second time on jan 3rd.. and still nothing.

USCIS customer service tier 2 isn't able to give a status either...

So I reached out to a Senator who apparently sent in a request on my behalf.

Now all I can do is wait. Job is supposed to start in less than 3 weeks. 😓

1 hour ago, Alexica said:

That's lucky! Happy for you.

I sent my fax on dec20 (same day I got the email too!), and then a second time on jan 3rd.. and still nothing.

USCIS customer service tier 2 isn't able to give a status either...

So I reached out to a Senator who apparently sent in a request on my behalf.

Now all I can do is wait. Job is supposed to start in less than 3 weeks. 😓

Same here on the start date. Good luck!! Keep the faith!

4 hours ago, Alexica said:

Hello to you 3,

Congrats on the new EAD!

Thank you for your help.

I don't think I would have gotten a response if it wasn't for my congressman's office. I highly suggest you reach out to someone asap! IT doesn't hurt and you get answers more quickly. Call your local US.Rep and visit their office in person if you can. Or call your Senator and fill out their privacy release form so they can help you. Just make sure you only use one contact because multiple offices can create confusion.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, Greg988 said:

Don't wait, just reach out! It will take a few days for them to collect your information and submit an inquiry on your behalf.They have contacts they can call and email directly to get things moving.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.