2,245 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, QN&CD said:

Hi guys, please help. If anyone faces this issue before, please advise.

I called USCIS yesterday to expedite EAD process based on financial hardship and have active job offer. Today, I just received email about my case:

"The status of this service request is:
Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need. "

This is the first email I received, and I didn't not have any chance to send/fax my supporting documents. Does it mean a denial?

The case history shows:

1. On August 8, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxMSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

2. On August 8, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxMSC.

3. On August 8, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxMSC, was completed.

You got a bad officer who didnt write down your case well enough on the phone. You didnt explain it enuff. It is denied youll have to wait 5-7days before a new expedite.

AussieTexas had a similar issue, denied right away. As suggested we said to reach the senator and explain what happened.

what field office are you?

12 hours ago, A&H2018 said:

You got a bad officer who didnt write down your case well enough on the phone. You didnt explain it enuff. It is denied youll have to wait 5-7days before a new expedite.

AussieTexas had a similar issue, denied right away. As suggested we said to reach the senator and explain what happened.

what field office are you?

Thanks for letting me know. My service center is National Benefits Center and my field location is San Francisco, CA

Could you suggest what could be the good result for financial hardship, besides only my wife working, school tuitions, rental and utility expense. 

I also have medical expense, but it is mostly covered by health insurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, DC909 said:

Finally! Just received an update that my card is being produced today. 

Congrats!

When did you call to expedite and when did you submit your paperwork?

K-1 Visa Timeline @ California Service Center  

03/19/17: Proposed @ Philippines  

03/28/17: Mailed I-129F Application via USPS Priority Mail to Texas Lockbox

04/03/17: Application was received

04/06/17: NOA1 Issued | Check cashed date

04/14/17: NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/04/17: NOA2 (126 days from NOA1)

08/10/17: NOA2 Hardcopy Received

08/17/17: NVC Received Case

08/18/17: MNL Case # Assigned

09/05-06/17: St Lukes Medical

09/12/17: US Embassy Interview

09/18/17: Received Passport with Visa

XX/XX/17: CFO Seminar

11/26/17: POE

12/16/17: Married in Los Angeles

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

05/12/18: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago PO Box  

05/20/18: NOA1 Text Message

05/25/18: Received NOA1 Letters

06/02/18: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

06/02/18: Received RFE #1

06/13/18: Biometrics Appointment @ Los Angeles 

07/11/18: Called to Expedite EAD due to financial loss

07/24/18: Received EAD Expedite Letter with it dated on 07/14/18

08/01/18: Successfully faxed EAD Expedite Documents to Fax # (Tried faxing for 5 days)

08/10/18: Replied and mailed RFE #1

08/14/18: Mailed letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein regarding Expedited EAD

10/22/18: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

07/17/19: Received Text Message that case was scheduled for interview

07/21/19: Received Letter for Appointment Date/Time

08/21/19: Interview @ SLC USCIS and approved. Later that night, received notification that card is being produced.

08/22/19: Received email that card is being mailed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/2/2018 at 12:07 PM, @VIN said:

any update on your expedited case? Have you received your combo card already?

K-1 Visa Timeline @ California Service Center  

03/19/17: Proposed @ Philippines  

03/28/17: Mailed I-129F Application via USPS Priority Mail to Texas Lockbox

04/03/17: Application was received

04/06/17: NOA1 Issued | Check cashed date

04/14/17: NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/04/17: NOA2 (126 days from NOA1)

08/10/17: NOA2 Hardcopy Received

08/17/17: NVC Received Case

08/18/17: MNL Case # Assigned

09/05-06/17: St Lukes Medical

09/12/17: US Embassy Interview

09/18/17: Received Passport with Visa

XX/XX/17: CFO Seminar

11/26/17: POE

12/16/17: Married in Los Angeles

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS Timeline

05/12/18: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago PO Box  

05/20/18: NOA1 Text Message

05/25/18: Received NOA1 Letters

06/02/18: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

06/02/18: Received RFE #1

06/13/18: Biometrics Appointment @ Los Angeles 

07/11/18: Called to Expedite EAD due to financial loss

07/24/18: Received EAD Expedite Letter with it dated on 07/14/18

08/01/18: Successfully faxed EAD Expedite Documents to Fax # (Tried faxing for 5 days)

08/10/18: Replied and mailed RFE #1

08/14/18: Mailed letter to Senator Dianne Feinstein regarding Expedited EAD

10/22/18: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

07/17/19: Received Text Message that case was scheduled for interview

07/21/19: Received Letter for Appointment Date/Time

08/21/19: Interview @ SLC USCIS and approved. Later that night, received notification that card is being produced.

08/22/19: Received email that card is being mailed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
19 minutes ago, asaeljethro said:

Congrats!

When did you call to expedite and when did you submit your paperwork?

I filed my AOS application On March 29. I submitted my expedite request on July 13. On July 18, I received an email that my case is under review. I was never asked to send in any evidence or documentation. 

I-751

7/14/20 - Application mailed.

7/17/20 - Application received.

7/24/20 - Text notification received with a WAC number.
7/31/20 - 797 received. Printed on 7/26/20.

1/06/21 - Case transferred.

1/13/21 - Received transfer notice in mail.

1/21/21 - Biometrics applied.

1/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

2/11/21 - Called for an update on my case and was told file is in local office.

2/26/21 - Received interview notice. Printed on 2/22/21.

N-400 - Military Service Based

1/12/21 - Application submitted online; Application received.

1/13/21 - Received IOE electronic receipt notice via email; Biometrics walk-in; Case status changed to "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS."

1/19/21 - Received paper receipt notice in the mail.

1/22/21 - Received email from USCIS that a new receipt notice will be issued due to an error on the previous one.

1/26/21 - New receipt notice posted on my online account. 
2/01/21 - New receipt notice arrived in mail. 

2/11/21 - Called for an update on my case and was told file is in local office.

2/19/21 - Case status changed to Interview scheduled.

2/22/21 - Interview notice posted on my online account.

2/26/21 - Received paper interview notice in mail.

3/16/21 - Biometrics Reuse notice posted online.

3/26/21 - Received biometrics reuse notice in mail. 

3/30/21 - N-400 approved; Same-day oath ceremony. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

I got email this morning to fax my documents. Does anyone have the same update? Is fax working for them business hours? I am planning to fax everything tmrw morning at 8am. Any suggestions for fax? Better use online right?

Thanks people

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
14 hours ago, QN&CD said:

Hi, can you give me some advice, since I believe you have experience with EAD expedite. Please help

I called USCIS yesterday to expedite EAD process based on financial hardship and have active job offer. Today, I just received email about my case:

"The status of this service request is:
Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need. "

This is the first email I received, and I didn't not have any chance to send/fax my supporting documents. Does it mean a denial?

The case history shows:

1. On August 8, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxMSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

2. On August 8, 2018, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxMSC.

3. On August 8, 2018, your request to have your case expedited, referral number xxxxxMSC, was completed.

This is the first time I've seen responses like this. I'd say give them a call asking them to clarify the email. 

11 minutes ago, gvantsa said:

I got email this morning to fax my documents. Does anyone have the same update? Is fax working for them business hours? I am planning to fax everything tmrw morning at 8am. Any suggestions for fax? Better use online right?

Thanks people

I don't think the business hour starts until 9 but sure you can try early. It's better to use an app or e-faxing because it can be difficult to get through.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, QN&CD said:

Thanks for letting me know. My service center is National Benefits Center and my field location is San Francisco, CA

Could you suggest what could be the good result for financial hardship, besides only my wife working, school tuitions, rental and utility expense. 

I also have medical expense, but it is mostly covered by health insurance.

Do you have a valid job offer? Did you need a co-sponsor for your application? Do you have a low bank account balance?

1 minute ago, NancyLyz said:

Do you have a valid job offer? Did you need a co-sponsor for your application? Do you have a low bank account balance?

Yes, I have activate job offer. I did not need a co-sponsor for my application. I don't know which bank account balance would be considered low? 

I can use my checking account, only around 3K

I called USCIS one hour ago, she said this email means under review, not denial and i should wait for about 10 days to call back. But I saw many ppl receive this kind of response from USCIS representative and wait for a while, but nothing happens. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, QN&CD said:

Yes, I have activate job offer. I did not need a co-sponsor for my application. I don't know which bank account balance would be considered low? 

I called USCIS one hour ago, she said this email means under review, not denial and i should wait for about 10 days to call back. But I saw many ppl receive this kind of response from USCIS representative and wait for a while, but nothing happens. 

I would just call and email the information to Feinsteins office. Your cover letter should mention job offer salary, how hard it is to find a job in your field, then a budget and some bill examples. If you worked before include taxes and w2 or so.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, QN&CD said:

You should receive a mail telling you to fax evidence in 10 business days. If you receive nothing after 10 days, call them back and ask your USC spouse to reach out to your senator or congressman.

13 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

I would just call and email the information to Feinsteins office. Your cover letter should mention job offer salary, how hard it is to find a job in your field, then a budget and some bill examples. If you worked before include taxes and w2 or so.

Could you please let me know why Feinsteins office? Who is he? I found out my local congressman is Eric. Might I miss something ? Thanks 

9 minutes ago, NancyLyz said:

You should receive a mail telling you to fax evidence in 10 business days. If you receive nothing after 10 days, call them back and ask your USC spouse to reach out to your senator or congressman.

Thanks, I hope this is the case. The point is I don't know how much I should believe the response's representative. I still don't know this is actual under review or denial. 

I am looking for someone receiving the same response, and ask to what happened

Timeline
Just now, QN&CD said:

Could you please let me know why Feinsteins office? Who is he? I found out my local congressman is Eric. Might I miss something ? Thanks 

Sure try Eric. Feinstein is one of the main leaders on immigration issues in the USA, her office in SF is flooded and busy but a good cover letter could get them to look at your case. Senator has more power than a congressman and it will be faster.

Both Senators main offices are in SF and both are females.

6 minutes ago, A&H2018 said:

Sure try Eric. Feinstein is one of the main leaders on immigration issues in the USA, her office in SF is flooded and busy but a good cover letter could get them to look at your case. Senator has more power than a congressman and it will be faster.

Both Senators main offices are in SF and both are females.

Oh I see, Feinstein is the CA senator while Eric is the local congressman. Thanks. Should I just directly call them or email them? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.